'15 TN LB Brant Mitchell

the "folding your arms and putting ur hands under ur biceps" is old football photo trick :lol:

"MinusWell" join the Hometeam son!

“First of all, I want to go where God wants me to go. I need to pray about it,” he said. “After that, academics are very important to me. After I am done with football academics are what will really be important. I want to go somewhere with a good football atmosphere too.”

“Todd talks to me all the time about Tennessee, but he is pretty laid back about everything,” Mitchell said. “He tells me to make the right decision for me. I am just trying to keep my options open.”

I grew up watching Tennessee and I have always been a fan,” Mitchell told InsideTennessee.com. “When I got offered I was just so surprised. Coach (Mike Bajakian) has been my recruiter and it has been good getting to know everyone over there. It gives Tennessee a bit of an edge since I grew up as a fan.”

“Right now I really want to improve on my speed,” he said. “My strength right now is run defense. I just really like to defend the run game. I still need to work on my pass coverage a bit too.”

Vanderbilt actually offered me about a week after Tennessee,” he said. “I went over there for a junior day and I had a really good time. I have been talking with them quite a bit too. I am going to the Gold and Black game this Saturday.”

“It is every kids dream to play in the Southeastern Conference,” he said. “They are definitely the best conference right now with the best competition. I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want to play in the SEC. That was big for me to get SEC offers.”

-scout

This dude is a full grown man in his sophomore year. I would hate to be on the opposite end of being hit by this guy. Not fair to other hs kids IMO lol. Wowzers..

Yeah he's from Rockwood so he will be smart about it. Somebody from Kingston wouldn't know anything about that.

Ha, too bad we beat y'all every year. And your best player transferred to Webb to get away. (I know he still lives in Rockwood.)

Apparently Nick Saban is recruiting Brant personally. He called one of his coaches the other day.

Brant Mitchell (@bmitch43)
Got the truck shined up, it's a beautiful day, and I'm headed toward Knoxville! #UT #Volnation #O&W

Reactions: 2 people
Gladly take a commitment from him today. Even if he is a truck guy.
Sorry there is a guy at work who just washes his truck everyday and shines his rims everyday. wouldn't be surprised if he gets a little hot tailpippin in everyday.

This kid looks like a beast already, still another year, should be a top prospect come next year. Seems to be a fan of us, LB, can't get enough of that.

A kid at work was telling me about this guy today. I'd never heard of him, and considering Im a member of volnation I have way too much time invested recruiting. The kid said he was the #1 back in the state.

I asked him what year. He said "Period."

I kinda laughed because obviously, Jalen Hurd exists.

I looked him up on my phone and saw he wasn't rated by anyone... because he was a sophomore.

So, I'm curious, how good is this kid really. I don't foresee him as the #1 RB or we'd be talking way more about him, but is he top 5 or 10 players in the state or so?

A kid at work was telling me about this guy today. I'd never heard of him, and considering Im a member of volnation I have way too much time invested recruiting. The kid said he was the #1 back in the state.

I asked him what year. He said "Period."

I kinda laughed because obviously, Jalen Hurd exists.

I looked him up on my phone and saw he wasn't rated by anyone... because he was a sophomore.

So, I'm curious, how good is this kid really. I don't foresee him as the #1 RB or we'd be talking way more about him, but is he top 5 or 10 players in the state or so?

He is both the best and the worst running back in the state, country, and even world.

Just kidding he's a linebacker.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back