'15 TN ATH Nathan Cottrell

I agree with this. Like I said, I admit the kid has straight line speed.

I just didn't see any great wiggle or elusiveness from him going against inferior competition. I think he can play D1 but not SEC jmo

The only reason I point out competition is because at 5'10 180 he's about the 3rd biggest guy on the field in most of those highlights. I'd like to see him against some legit athletes.

I have seen the kid play against pretty good competition...Maryville-Averaged 11 yds a carry from what I understand. And he makes the Woods kid look bad a few times in his highlights against LC,Woods has been offered by UT and Clemson from what I've heard. What more do you want? Plus great high school football players that are able to play D-1 usually make everyone they play look inferior. I don't know if he's SEC either but definately D-1 somewhere and SEC in the right system

Nathan was recently chided by his doctor for being too lean (2 % body Fat), he was told to eat more fat foods and less protein. Still hearing a lot from LSU, Nebraska and others, but nothing from UT, the place he really wants to play.

Can't understand the dis-intrest from UT, kid is a pure baller and tough as nails.:lolabove:

Nathan was recently chided by his doctor for being too lean (2 % body Fat), he was told to eat more fat foods and less protein. Still hearing a lot from LSU, Nebraska and others, but nothing from UT, the place he really wants to play.

Can't understand the dis-intrest from UT, kid is a pure baller and tough as nails.:lolabove:

The coaches obviously know about West HS since they offered Underwood a preferred walk on spot. I'm pretty sure they'll start talking with Nathan once he shows out in the summer camp/combine circuit.

The coaches obviously know about West HS since they offered Underwood a preferred walk on spot. I'm pretty sure they'll start talking with Nathan once he shows out in the summer camp/combine circuit.

I believe UT also talked to Nathan and Noah Hoxie when they came by about Cody Underwood. A coach from West told me UT said the reason they have not shown much interest is because of focus on the 2014 class. I personally think thats a crappy response by them...Just my opinion but I think he's 'WHITE' may be the biggest reason he has not been offered.(not trying to play the race card but how many white RBs are there?)I just watched his highlight again and noticed he makes Jaylen Woods look bad a couple times!! And UT has offered Woods! Just seems weird to me...LSU i heard wants him in camp and say they dont offer until they see their guys up close. So I think he will start getting offers this summer.:eek:lol:

I watched him play against henry co. in the state championship, he was the fastest player i watched henry co. play all season and thats including a schedule full of Clarksville teams, Memphis east and Memphis ridgeway. He is really quick, im not sure what position he would play, but he is definitely a great athlete.

I believe UT also talked to Nathan and Noah Hoxie when they came by about Cody Underwood. A coach from West told me UT said the reason they have not shown much interest is because of focus on the 2014 class. I personally think thats a crappy response by them...Just my opinion but I think he's 'WHITE' may be the biggest reason he has not been offered.(not trying to play the race card but how many white RBs are there?)I just watched his highlight again and noticed he makes Jaylen Woods look bad a couple times!! And UT has offered Woods! Just seems weird to me...LSU i heard wants him in camp and say they dont offer until they see their guys up close. So I think he will start getting offers this summer.:eek:lol:

Looks fast on film, and proved he's got talent at a camp. Seems to have good vision and the stats are impressive. The lack of interest seems weird to me too. Hope he continues to improve and gets that UT offer.

Not usually a star gazer, but this kid does not even have 247 or rivals profiles much less star ratings. I doubt we ever offer, despite his speed on film.

I think everyone needs to be patient on this one. Nathan will have plenty of time and opportunity to get the Tennessee coaches attention.

One thing that may work against him though would be the fact they signed 3 RBs in 2014. They probably would only look to sign one for 2015. Would Nathan be number one on their board right now? Probably not.

I actually think once he finishes up on the combine and camp circuit he will have D1 offers and a solid 3 star rating on most services, possibly 4 if he's seen showing out by the right one.

I'm pulling for Nathan to be a Vol and can't wait to see how he progresses over the next several months.

Reactions: 2 people

I'm sorry, but I have a very difficult believing 2% body fat. Especially judging by the pic on the first page. 2% has veins popping out absolutely everywhere. I'm not sure what method was used to determine 2% body fat, but I am almost certain it is not accurate.

Fwiw, this is a claim to 4% body fat: Edit, image doesn't seem to be displaying properly.

attachment.php

Last edited:
... and just before people start jumpin'...

I'm not hating on the kid.

I'm not calling anyone a liar.

I simply believe that 2% body fat is not the case here, especially with 2-5% being needed for males to function properly. He is an athlete, going through vigorous training, so he, in my opinion, must be somewhere around 5%. Breakerboy works with high school athletes. I'm sure he can back this up.

table.gif

End rant.

:peace2:

I think this might be someone who could be offered a preferred walk-on spot next year. With the talent we are in on, I don't see him getting a commitable scholarship offer.

I simply believe that 2% body fat is not the case here, especially with 2-5% being needed for males to function properly. He is an athlete, going through vigorous training, so he, in my opinion, must be somewhere around 5%. Breakerboy works with high school athletes. I'm sure he can back this up.

table.gif

End rant.

I played ball with a dude who had 3 % body fat. He also ran a 4.2 but he had full body cramps so bad after every two a xay practice. Coaches were forcred to sit him out until he put on some weight in the summer. It is near impossible to play a sport like that ESP football

Reactions: 1 person
I played ball with a dude who had 3 % body fat. He also ran a 4.2 but he had full body cramps so bad after every two a xay practice. Coaches were forcred to sit him out until he put on some weight in the summer. It is near impossible to play a sport like that ESP football

Considering the fact that body builders consider anything less than 6% body fat as "shredding" and only able to maintain for a week or so at a time, people who say they are walking around normally at less than about 8 or 9 are just full of chit.

table.gif

End rant.

All that grilled dog's got you messed up. :rock:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Did pretty well at Sparq camp.

@Stumpf_Brian: Knoxville West RB Nathan Cottrell (@nathancottrell5) posts ATL #NikeCombine best SPARQ (132.72) and 40 (4.35) pic.twitter.com/X274xQ8aDk

Reactions: 3 people
Kid runs away from everyone...

More than likely the fastest kid UT is recruiting... And he's white... Lol.

Wish there were more opportunities for him to play Slot at West... Takes so much more than being fast to play RB...

VN Store

Back