'15 TN ATH Nathan Cottrell

Maybe Cottrell doesn't fit our system but to say he will succeed at GaTech but not good enough to play here is just dumb. Get your head out if the clouds GaTech would have run us out the stadium if we had played them last year.

No it's not dumb to say he wouldn't be as successful here as at tech. Tech is a great fit for him. I like Bruce better but that jmo and so do the coaches, and we are ranked third in recruiting right now so I will go with their opinion as well as my own.

It's just discussion and opinion if you don't like it don't read it. It's a friendly debate unlike 90% of all other threads/posts.

There is no debate. Cottrell wouldn't cut it at UT. Period. Devrin Young couldn't even do much in 4 years, and DY was a much better HS recruit. It's East TN HS football. Very few SEC quality players. Poor competition.

]No it's not dumb to say he wouldn't be as successful here as at tech. [/B]Tech is a great fit for him. I like Bruce better but that jmo and so do the coaches, and we are ranked third in recruiting right now so I will go with their opinion as well as my own.

I agree with this but the quote was that Cottrell isn't good enough to play at UT. Our system arguably doesn't fit him but to say he isn't good enough is not correct imo. Some Vol fans regard Georgia Tech as a lower tier and maybe historically that's true but they are ahead of us atm. Hopefully for not much longer. For the record I also trust the coaches but we all know they make mistakes and are not perfect but overall they would obviously do a better job of evaluating then I or anyone else on here would.

There is no debate. Cottrell wouldn't cut it at UT. Period. Devrin Young couldn't even do much in 4 years, and DY was a much better HS recruit. It's East TN HS football. Very few SEC quality players. Poor competition.[/QUOTE]

DY wasn't a higher rated or better recruit then Cottrell. DY was always thought of and recruited as a return man. Cottrell is a completely different player and a poor comparison. Your entire argument doesn't hold water since we are taking Jocquez Bruce. Poor competition maybe but when West HS played the mighty Nashville Hillsboro team which included Kyle Phillips and Vincent Perry it wasn't even a contest.

There is no debate that East Tennessee produces few D-1 players and I'm not saying that Cottrell is a can't miss superstar. I just think he's better then a couple of our current commits. Means nothing it's just my opinion after seeing them all play in person.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no debate. Cottrell wouldn't cut it at UT. Period. Devrin Young couldn't even do much in 4 years, and DY was a much better HS recruit. It's East TN HS football. Very few SEC quality players. Poor competition.[/QUOTE]

DY wasn't a higher rated or better recruit then Cottrell. DY was always thought of and recruited as a return man. Cottrell is a completely different player and a poor comparison. Your entire argument doesn't hold water since we are taking Jocquez Bruce. Poor competition maybe but when West HS played the mighty Nashville Hillsboro team which included Kyle Phillips and Vincent Perry it wasn't even a contest.

There is no debate that East Tennessee produces few D-1 players and I'm not saying that Cottrell is a can't miss superstar. I just think he's better then a couple of our current commits. Means nothing it's just my opinion after seeing them all play in person.
I see your point but I think that bruce has more upside and can play more positions. I think rb,slot,or db. I think Cottrell is a running back all the way. I know Cottrell can fly but I think Bruce has a little more wiggle and straight line speed is good but in the sec you don't get to showcase that as much.

I see your point but I think that bruce has more upside and can play more positions. I think rb,slot,or db. I think Cottrell is a running back all the way. I know Cottrell can fly but I think Bruce has a little more wiggle and straight line speed is good but in the sec you don't get to showcase that as much.

Very good post. All good points. Bruce does bring versatility.

Cincinnati offered and that is better then any offer Vincent or Bruce has. It's just my opinion that Cottrell is the better prospect of the three. If you don't like it don't read it. I'm not complaining that we didn't offer just stating my opinion.

So a Cincy offer is better than one from UT?

fu.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back