'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

He has better hands than both Hunter and Rogers. He is faster than both. He is better than both.

I think he and Hunter have pretty comparable speed. Hunter ran in the 4.4s at the nfl combine (that's an official time not one of the bs 4.3s and 4.4s you see on a recruiting profiles) and that's fast especially for someone his size. Williams may be a hair faster than Hunter coming out but I'd be surprised. I don't think people realize how exceptional of an athlete Hunter was.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd love to see more guys jump on board early and recruit hard like Wharton, Hurd, Kelly, Butcher, and Cherry. Why can't Williams be like one of those guys? Talk about mixed emotions... awesome to see him dominate in camp yet frustrating to hear him looking around.

When you blow up, you want to make sure. I can't blame him. It is what it is. I'd rather him go ahead and get the visits out of the way and whatever happens, happens

When you blow up, you want to make sure. I can't blame him. It is what it is. I'd rather him go ahead and get the visits out of the way and whatever happens, happens

Yeah, I'm with you... just don't want to see this awesome momentum we have building to waver... BUT, I'd much rather be in the running to land top talent in the nation vs. having solid 2* commitments. :)

Exactly. This guy will end up a consensus 5 star IMO so obviously pretty much every school is going to come after him hard. And to whoever said he wasn't committed bc he's taking visits well that isn't true. Lots of commits take visits and I don't blame them at all for doing so, you've got to make sure you're making the best decision possible when you future is on the line. But we've got Butch MFing Jones in out corner so you've got to like our chances. He hasn't given me any reason to doubt him, we've hung into almost every guy we wanted outside of Lambert (cha-ching) and every school loses a commit every year. With how many guys we had on board to early is amazing that we only lost one IMO--not counting Thomas bc I think that was mutual and he was traded to make room for Sawyers and I'll take that trade everyday even tho I liked Thomas' potential but he had a long way to go.

And don't forget, he is and has been a Vol fan. Don't forget he took a visit to Clemsom this month or last. Know what happened? He came back and made fun of Clemson on twitter. He's just having some fun.

Reactions: 1 person
He has better hands than both Hunter and Rogers. He is faster than both. He is better than both.

He isn't faster than Hunter, at least not at this point. Hunter posted an electronic timed sub-4.5 at the NFL combine. PW ran a 4.6 at the adidas Showcase last weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Strikes me as the kinda kid who, once the excitement from his commitment wears off, (which happens anytime you commit to a school very early in the process) will want to make a new splash and commit elsewhere later in the process... Wouldn't be surprised to see him flip. Just get that vibe. JMO

Based on what? You're talking out of your butt. He's been nothing but 100% Vol and committed since September. Taking visits means nothing.

I'm not that worried but if he flips, he flips. But he's been on campus more times in the last 6 months than just about any recruit or commit we have in the '14 or '15 class. That speaks volumes. If he had only been on campus once or twice I'd be more concerned. JMO

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe the ole Butcher is sending him on some recon and recruiting missions and PW is selling the media on being sincere about visiting places.

Just maybe...

Just saw an update on this guy on BOL. Looks like his dad went to Bama but was kicked off team for drugs. I didn't know that. Does that help us (Bama) or hurt?? We will see...

Either way this guy looks like a stud WR.. hoping we can get him in for a visit but even in the BOL article he seemed very solid to UT. Referred to the vols as WR U

What's he ranked for WRs?

They haven't updated the position rankings yet but it looks like he'll be #16 WR. They dropped him a couple spots this update. He's going to a rivals camp at the end of March, if he shows out he'll get bumped up next update.

Just saw an update on this guy on BOL. Looks like his dad went to Bama but was kicked off team for drugs. I didn't know that. Does that help us (Bama) or hurt?? We will see...

Either way this guy looks like a stud WR.. hoping we can get him in for a visit but even in the BOL article he seemed very solid to UT. Referred to the vols as WR U

No, he pretty much said he hates bama. He referred to us as WRU because we are WRU.

People learn by contrast...you can't appreciate a good meal until you've had a bad one. The true test of the strength of UT as a program and CBJ as a recruiter, cannot be appreciated until it is contrasted.

If UT is the program and Butch is the coach that we believe, that will be borne out by recruits choosing to come here, even when strongly recruited by other equally strong programs and coaches. If young PW doesn't still feel like he belongs at UT after contrasting it to others, so be it...but don't be surprised if his initial hunch was the correct one, and after a more thorough study of other programs, his apparent interest in looking around quietly disappears.

Reactions: 5 people
Does that help us (Bama) or hurt?? We will see...

Why do you guys post stuff like this?

Do you think anyone here gives a flying **** about whether it helps Bama?

I mean I'm all for rival posters and everything, but we don't care about "how it plays out" for Bama.

Reactions: 6 people
IMO, he is just showing interest in Bama to get his 5th star. If he shows them interest and visits, his rankings will go up automatically (recruiting sites have it programed into their formula). NSD 2015, the fax machine in Knoxville TN will be receiving a NLI from the Williams' household.

Reactions: 3 people
IMO, he is just showing interest in Bama to get his 5th star. If he shows them interest and visits, his rankings will go up automatically (recruiting sites have it programed into their formula). NSD 2015, the fax machine in Knoxville TN will be receiving a NLI from the Williams' household.
Ding ding ding.

We have a winner.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back