'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Depends on what part of the ATL area your from I guess. If your in the perimeter it's about the same and if your not in the perimeter it depends on what cardinal direction your from. I'm 45 mins to an hour from the ATL in the opposite direction and I just looked and it said 2:58 trip and obviously I could make that a lot quicker. My trip to Knox for the open practice said over 3 hrs and we got there in 2:15. My point though is what your saying is more accurate than what I thought but neither of our original statements is correct.

Are you north of Atlanta? Because to drive 213.5 miles in 2:15 means you drove 95 mph straight.

This. To most from the ATL area it's just another offer. Clemson is like 1/3 of the drive Athens is from the ATL and Knoxville isn't too much longer than the Athens drive

This just isn't accurate. Athens (72 miles from ATL) is roughly half the distance Clemson (124 miles from ATL) is from Atlanta, regardless of what part you are coming from, and Knoxville (214 miles from ATL) is nearly twice as far.

Georgia is also unique because Atlanta is still relatively a young city. Gwinnett County was the fastest growing county in the country in the mid to late 90's. Because it had such an influx of different people, loyalties are for many different schools. There aren't as many people who actually grew up in Atlanta. My guess is if you wait another generation, you might have more loyalty to the Atlanta area and Georgia teams.

This. Much like you are seeing in the Nashville area now. More and more elite-level kids coming out of the mid-state, but most were not born and raised in Tennessee from Tennessee families.

Are you north of Atlanta? Because to drive 213.5 miles in 2:15 means you drove 95 mph straight.

It takes 1:45 minutes alone to get from Chattanooga to Knoxville. No way you make it from Atlanta to Knoxville with only an additional 30 mins. travel added.

Reactions: 1 person
Likely visitor for UGA game...

Also likely to be on campus that day is 2015 wide receiver Preston Williams. Williams camped at Tennessee this summer and right now, although it's early, Tennessee is very much the team to beat here and Williams has talked about doing something early in the past.

-VQ

VN Store

Back