'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

It is normal for transfers to be blocked within the same conference. That being said the Grad Transfer is completely different. If someone is a Grad Transfer that means they have done exactly what you have asked them to do and worked to receive their degree.

If we can block players from transferring to schools in the same conference why can we not block coaches from doing the same thing? Or better yet when a coach pulls a Rick Neuheisel and causes the program to be penalized why do the penalties not follow the coach?

Reactions: 3 people
I believe NC State hired a new coach that said no to playing summer league baseball... so Wilson found a somewhere that would let him.

Bama has no good ground to stand on here, if he wants to come here I don't see Bama being able to stop it. GBO!

Watch there be this huge uproar from us Vol fans, he finally gets the waiver and then goes to the barn...

Reactions: 2 people
I believe NC State hired a new coach that said no to playing summer league baseball... so Wilson found a somewhere that would let him.

It wasn't a new coach, but I do believe that Tom O'Brien had reservations about him playing in spring training. He wanted him to devote more time to football. While it didn't really hurt his career, football was his best sport.

If he comes here, I'd admire him for taking a pay cut just for the opportunity to start. Lord knows, we cannot match the free cars and the money lays out for these young men. I imagine that must be part of the butthurt Bama faces, knowing they can't ask for any of it back. What we can offer is the opportunity to play in front of a fanbase where each fan has more than one tooth, not to mention they're not married to a sibling.

Reactions: 4 people
If he comes here, I'd admire him for taking a pay cut just for the opportunity to start. Lord knows, we cannot match the free cars and the money lays out for these young men. I imagine that must be part of the butthurt Bama faces, knowing they can't ask for any of it back. What we can offer is the opportunity to play in front of a fanbase where each fan has more than one tooth, not to mention they're not married to a sibling.

Wait till he finds out the dorms don't have concierge service or Valet.

Reactions: 1 person
Mark Howard and Blain Bishop just got done blasting Saban about this issue on the Wake up Zone.

Reactions: 4 people
Mark Howard and Blain Bishop just got done blasting Saban about this issue on the Wake up Zone.

As well they should. There should be so many former players weighing in on this that the AA has no choice but to rule in favor of these kids. If they honor their agreement and get their degree then they should be free to choose whatever school they want to continue their education and football careers. Saban is wrong here and I hope it bites him.

Reactions: 2 people
As well they should. There should be so many former players weighing in on this that the AA has no choice but to rule in favor of these kids. If they honor their agreement and get their degree then they should be free to choose whatever school they want to continue their education and football careers. Saban is wrong here and I hope it bites him.

Nothing bites Saban.

The thing that bothers me is the hypocrisy. Saban is quick to cut a player and only honor scholarships one year at a time. That's obviously his prerogative, and its worked well for him. But the turnabout should be fair. If these kids honor their commitment to the team and graduate, they should be able to go anywhere they want. If coaches are able to exploit these young men, then they should be able to exploit the coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
The thing that bothers me is the hypocrisy. Saban is quick to cut a player and only honor scholarships one year at a time. That's obviously his prerogative, and its worked well for him. But the turnabout should be fair. If these kids honor their commitment to the team and graduate, they should be able to go anywhere they want. If coaches are able to exploit these young men, then they should be able to exploit the coaches.

I agree, except I don't see it as exploiting the coaches. These grad transfers have fullfilled their obligation to the university. They played football and got their degree. If these kids were simply going to get their grad degree and not play football, nobody would care where they went. To me, exploiting is taking advantage of someone or something. These kids aren't trying to take advantage of anyone. They just want to see the field, continue their education, and maybe make it to the league or expand their network to get a better job. Saban needs to be put in his place.

Reactions: 8 people
Most transfers happen for playing time so If they wannna transfer from this upcoming Tennessee team then they prolly should go the FCS route not another SEC school.
Bingo..if you can't start on this team, then you probably aren't goint to start anywhere not named Vanderbilt in the SEC.

Let me get this straight. You want this kid to stay at Bama so he can ride the bench on the off chance someone gets hurt and then he can play? You want him to put aside any dream, even if it's a longshot, of actually having an NFL career by staying at Bama to be depth instead of transferring to somewhere he's likely a Day 1 starter? I hate to call you a selfish prick, but you sound like a selfish prick. Would I be upset if a UT starter transferred out? Yes. Would I be upset if a UT back up transferred to a school where he could potentially start? No. Would it sting if it were a rival? Of course it would, but that's no reason to piss on his dreams.

Nailed it..

Considering Pruitt spoke out against Saban's stance, I would say he is coming here.

VN Store

Back