'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

As a general rule, people dislike what weakens their team and helps an opponent. I have no issue with his point of view. It’s a typical fan view that we would share if the roles were reversed.

That said, we’re taking Kennedy, so deal with it. I’m sure you’ll shed no tears after Bama wins their 12th in a row by double digits in October, but maybe he’ll help us win a game or two over the next couple of years

Reactions: 3 people
Not at all. I was being persistent in trying to make a point, because replies kept dodging it. Point being: Almost all the Vols fans itt are saying they're "all in" on CFB football players being free to transfer anywhere they want as soon as they get an undergrad degree. Obviously, in the case of Brandon Kennedy they're all for it. We'll see if they feel that way when transfers of good players go in the opposite direction -- outbound instead of inbound. That's all. I made my point. I'm done. I wasn't trolling or trying to rustle anyone.

With Kennedy leaving, Bama now has one senior center. There's a HUGE empty gap between him and one 3-star redshirt freshman and one true freshman arriving around the end of the month. So yeah, it doesn't sit real well with me that Kennedy with 3 years of eligibility is leaving to play for UT.

But like I said, I still wish him well -- except for tsio.

:toast:

cry-me-a-river-gif-8.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Let me get this straight. You want this kid to stay at Bama so he can ride the bench on the off chance someone gets hurt and then he can play? You want him to put aside any dream, even if it's a longshot, of actually having an NFL career by staying at Bama to be depth instead of transferring to somewhere he's likely a Day 1 starter? I hate to call you a selfish prick, but you sound like a selfish prick. Would I be upset if a UT starter transferred out? Yes. Would I be upset if a UT back up transferred to a school where he could potentially start? No. Would it sting if it were a rival? Of course it would, but that's no reason to piss on his dreams.

ROFL at the thought of any of our backups transferring out to get more playing time at Alabama or Georgia. :eek:lol:

TS keeps us entertained.

Not at all. I was being persistent in trying to make a point, because replies kept dodging it. Point being: Almost all the Vols fans itt are saying they're "all in" on CFB football players being free to transfer anywhere they want as soon as they get an undergrad degree. Obviously, in the case of Brandon Kennedy they're all for it. We'll see if they feel that way when transfers of good players go in the opposite direction -- outbound instead of inbound. That's all. I made my point. I'm done. I wasn't trolling or trying to rustle anyone.

With Kennedy leaving, Bama now has one senior center. There's a HUGE empty gap between him and one 3-star redshirt freshman and one true freshman arriving around the end of the month. So yeah, it doesn't sit real well with me that Kennedy with 3 years of eligibility is leaving to play for UT.

Dear Tidal Surge
Just consider UT as "Alabama North", to see if that helps, and enjoy! Who knows, maybe a day in the not too distant future, you may defend Alabama "poaching" a grad transfer from UT. By the way I do recommend "poaching" for eggs... delicious!

huge meltdown on the horizon for the Tide. It might be a few years, but when Saban retires it will happen. The fall of the arrogance will be fun to watch.

Reactions: 4 people

Don't make the assumption we have not had players transfer from our program. It may not be classified as a grad transfer as in this case but the end result we have had a number of players that have left our team. We probably have had more, or near the top of any program in the SEC over the past decade with the 4 coaches after HC Fulmer.

Mama fans are two faced. Where was all the grief when Aaron Douglas transferred to JC and then into Bama?

Same place as when Kamara went the same route to us. It was a way around that both athletes took.

Douglas and Kamra both paid the price for making a poor choice out of hs. They both had to miss D1 for a year which is plenty a fair price to pay for picking the road school

Douglas and Kamra both paid the price for making a poor choice out of hs. They both had to miss D1 for a year which is plenty a fair price to pay for picking the road school

Douglas was a starter for us. Obviously made the right choice when he made it. Coaches changed and he wanted out.

Do we know when to expect a final decision on whether or not his transfer will be allowed in conference?

Knew Aaron Douglas would be brought up eventually. RIP. That young man had demons and I would gladly have accepted him starring at Bama if it meant him still being alive. Feel for his family.

Reactions: 3 people
Knew Aaron Douglas would be brought up eventually. RIP. That young man had demons and I would gladly have accepted him starring at Bama if it meant him still being alive. Feel for his family.

He has some friends do a wrestling thing every year call the Aaron Douglas Memorial. It's on June 9th this year at the Jackson Terminal. All proceeds go to the non profit his parents set up that helps people with drug addiction.

I'm for whatever is in the best interest of the kid.

Wow how butthurt are the bama fans over a backup center leaving the program? The kid has done everything ask and held up his end of bargain by by graduating in what 3 years. But Alabama wants to exert its influence over a kid that frankly is probably just sick and tired of Saban;s bull crap.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back