'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider this....if Dobbs had been getting the majority of first team snaps since pre-season camp, he may be very impressive at this point. But the plan was to redshirt Dobbs and Ferguson. So, without a full season of reps, people expect him to light it up against 3 teams with a combined 2 losses for the season. All ranked in the top 11 in the country. Smh

Reactions: 3 people
Consider this....if Dobbs had been getting the majority of first team snaps since pre-season camp, he may be very impressive at this point. But the plan was to redshirt Dobbs and Ferguson. So, without a full season of reps, people expect him to light it up against 3 teams with a combined 2 losses for the season. All ranked in the top 11 in the country. Smh

Worley was absolutely terrible at this same point (3 games into the season). And he's a junior who has played in multiple games since 2011, including as a starter.

I hope Dobbs finally puts it all together against Vandy in two weeks.

I think Malone JUST MIGHT be good enough to make some catches regardless of who the QB is. Not sure though. Doesn't seem that highly recruited IMO. No one on this board really wants him to commit either.

ok i was being sarcastic but seriously Dobbs is just starting out and he makes some beautiful throws but a ton are just dropped. thats probably being too nice but hes a TRUE FRESHMAN on a team thats really struggling right now yet he still shows a lot of bright spots.

I've seen no reason to believe Dobbs can't be a very successful QB here. He's got a cannon for a arm, and he's only going to get better with time. Our main problem right now is redzone offense and the inability to score TDs in the redzone. I'm hoping that by changing the oline to a more athletic bunch it helps in this offense, but up to this point Mike B. and CBJ have me pretty worried, especially with the lack of power offensive sets.

Worley was absolutely terrible at this same point (3 games into the season). And he's a junior who has played in multiple games since 2011, including as a starter.

I hope Dobbs finally puts it all together against Vandy in two weeks.

Worley played in 1 game last year and very few snaps even then vs candy. To be a JR, he has not got alot of on the field playing time. When he played as a TFR, the team was even worse than this years team. You say he played terrible in the 1st 3 games this year. 2-1 looks pretty good now coming off 3 straight blowout loses. He actually threw some TD passes in those games. Even one vs oregon. He was 35 of 58 for 352 yards and 5 TDs in those 3 "terrible" games.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley played in 1 game last year and very few snaps even then vs candy. To be a JR, he has not got alot of on the field playing time. When he played as a TFR, the team was even worse than this years team. You say he played terrible in the 1st 3 games this year. 2-1 looks pretty good now coming off 3 straight blowout loses. He actually threw some TD passes in those games. Even one vs oregon. He was 35 of 58 for 352 yards and 5 TDs in those 3 "terrible" games.
WORLEY isn't beating any of the teams we just got blown out by. Get.That.Through.Your.Head.

We can't cover kicks and punts, but you wanna throw Dobbs under the bus... Auburn and Mizzou are way better than UF,SC, and UGA

Reactions: 5 people

LV you have been posting here for a while now and usually have a great say on things most the time so I'm just going to leave you with this, if you believe Worley has the ability to do anything better then Dobbs did the last two games then I guess more power to you. For this offense Dobbs is a better fit. He isn't burning fast, but he's quick enough to scramble when he needs to. Worley is so inaccurate that our WR have to put their bodies out their for exposure just to make plays. North single handling won us the USCe game with his play making ability. I've seen in two games enough to conclude that Dobbs is a better QB. I saw Dobbs rocket passes into tight coverage right in our WR numbers. Dobbs can sling it he just needs time and some more help from Mike B. in terms of getting us in less predictable sets on offense.

Reactions: 2 people
WORLEY isn't beating any of the teams we just got blown out by. Get.That.Through.Your.Head.

We can't cover kicks and punts, but you wanna throw Dobbs under the bus... Auburn and Mizzou are way better than UF,SC, and UGA

I would agree that we would probably still lose those games. I do think they could very well have been closer and better football games with Justin playing QB. The offense performed better with Worley at QB, that is JMO. The uf, uga, and usce games proved the kid was getting better. Remember, it is his 1st year in this offense as well. I would not be surprised at all to see him back starting when the hand is healed.

I will add that IMO, Worley would give us a much better shot at winning out and getting to a bowl game if he can go.

Last edited:
I would agree that we would probably still lose those games. I do think they could very well have been closer and better football games with Justin playing QB. The offense performed better with Worley at QB, that is JMO. The uf, uga, and usce games proved the kid was getting better. Remember, it is his 1st year in this offense as well. I would not be surprised at all to see him back starting when the hand is healed.

Bama game proves otherwise. Anybody with eyes can seeJD is better and played better. 352 in the three games is nothing. JD had 240 just against Mizzou on the road.

LV, you think Worley out and Dobbs in is the reason UT has looked so badly the last 3 games? You sure it wasn't the fact we played 3 top 10 teams with a combined 2 losses, we have a defense who's clearly been outmatched in the speed and talent department and special teams coverage units who've had trouble stopping a nosebleed?

Reactions: 4 people
Worley had a hurt thumb going into the Bama game that's why Butch had to burn Dobbs RS.

Last edited:

Playing with freshman receivers and no TE.

You have an agenda if you have made yourself think Dobbs isn't good. It's pretty evident the kid has talent and can make plays. It takes more than 1 guy. It also takes needing a defense and special teams that doesn't have you playing from behind alll game both games

Last edited:
You have an agenda if you have made yourself think Dobbs isn't good. It's pretty evident the kid has talent and can make plays. It takes more than 1 guy. It also takes needing a defense and special teams that doesn't have you playing from behind alll game both games

I never said Dobbs could not be a good QB in the future. All I said was to this point, Worley has performed much better. Going into the candy/uk games, I would feel we have a better chance of winning those with Justin at QB. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
so Malone's a vol right? he was here for homecoming I believe. and volnation can't say its because he's interested in auburn.

I think he's been to rocky top more than any other school. I think we're the school to beat.

and anybody who says worley>dobbs needs their eyes checked. i hate it for him but he plays too scared. dobbs looks great in many aspects other than occasional bad decision making which comes with age. best part about dobbs--and not saying worley doesnt have this upside as well because im sure he does--is that he is smart enough to learn quickly.

i just believe dobbs has more natural talent than worley in general and is a better fit for the offense. and thats nothing against worley who has played his heart out and even though i go back and forth on what i say about him i'd rather have a player who tries and fails then doesn't try at all.

to be honest I'm more worried about offensive scheme being effective in the SEC. seems incredibly conservative which is OK if you have elite talent. coaching staff might be successful because they are proving they can recruit the elite talent. Regardless of how ineffective the game plan is now, I think Malone is a guy that fits any scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back