'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He named bama his leader before UT offered though.

But I believe that UNC article is current after the UT offer.

But to be honest I think UA is just the current hot name to list because it looks good on your resume. Not saying he does not like UA, but any time a team is on top they always seemed to get mentioned in the top group or as a leader. Sometimes when the school has not offered yet. There are few I believe claim UA their leader and UA will not offer until camp. Or just like M Thomas(LB) from Miami has UA as his current leader no UA fan sees anyway he does not end up at Miami.

Again this may or may not be the case with Hurd, but at any rate way to early to be concerned over a 2014 recruit.

I was browsing twitter earlier and someone said Bama leads for Hurd, and Hurd's mom confirmed it

WTH! How do we not have this kid locked up? Not doom and glooming it but these kids should want to play at TENNESSEE. Just sayin.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's get through the 2013 recruiting cycle first before we start burning matresse long way to go and lots of games to play on the field and plenty of chances to change this kids mind. I think its simple we win big this year and next then we clean house in state this year and next year and hopefully for years to come

Let's get through the 2013 recruiting cycle first before we start burning matresse long way to go and lots of games to play on the field and plenty of chances to change this kids mind. I think its simple we win big this year and next then we clean house in state this year and next year and hopefully for years to come

Not mattress burning, just stating a fact. Win and we get them, I agree. :eek:k:

Word around here is that coaches are coming in to Sumner to hit 2 birds with 1 stone. They are visiting Hurd and then drive 5 minutes down the street and visit with Josh Malone, by the same coaches in the same day. Those 2 will have a lot of the same offers when it's all said and done.

Pretty shocking top 3 per 247
Alabama
Ohio State
Vanderbilt

Not shocking to me at all. Alabama is on top of the college football world and Nick Saban is an elite recruiter.

Ohio State now has Urban Meyer who has a couple national titles and is an elite recruiter.

Vandy is an in-state school and as much as I hate to say it James Franklin is one hell of a recruiter and salesman. By Vandy standards nobody has ever recruited the kind of talent he has in his first year and half on the job. It's scary to think what that guy could do at a big-time program.

Reactions: 1 person
Not shocking to me at all. Alabama is on top of the college football world and Nick Saban is an elite recruiter.

Ohio State now has Urban Meyer who has a couple national titles and is an elite recruiter.

Vandy is an in-state school and as much as I hate to say it James Franklin is one hell of a recruiter and salesman. By Vandy standards nobody has ever recruited the kind of talent he has in his first year and half on the job. It's scary to think what that guy could do at a big-time program.

We should all just be glad that he's going to have a mediocre at best season, while we will hopefully have a good one. The world will return to its natural order, with Vandy being the bottom feeder of the East/SEC, and things will continue on as they always have.

We should all just be glad that he's going to have a mediocre at best season, while we will hopefully have a good one. The world will return to its natural order, with Vandy being the bottom feeder of the East/SEC, and things will continue on as they always have.

I have no idea what kind of season Vandy or Tennessee will have. On paper going into last year nobody expected Vandy to win 6 games and get to a bowl game and nobody really expected Tennessee to win 5 games and miss a bowl game.

What I do know is Dooley better win at least 8 games this year with the favorable schedule he has or he's going to be in major trouble.

Reactions: 2 people
I have no idea what kind of season Vandy or Tennessee will have. On paper going into last year nobody expected Vandy to win 6 games and get to a bowl game and nobody really expected Tennessee to win 5 games and miss a bowl game.

What I do know is Dooley better win at least 8 games this year with the favorable schedule he has or he's going to be in major trouble.

That's reasonable.

With all the leadership that Vandy lost, I just don't see them being as competitive in games as they were last year. However, they do return Rogers and Stacy. On the defensive side though, they seem pretty thin.

Also, Franklin has been a big enough douche that no one is overlooking them this year. Last year they seemed to sneak up on teams.

We'll see I suppose. I agree with your statement about Dooley though.

anyway back to hurd this guy could be the guy to take this program over the top and he is in our own backyard. We need to win big and dooley and Jay Grahm need to lick his butt and make sure he doesn't go to Bamma

anyway back to hurd this guy could be the guy to take this program over the top and he is in our own backyard. We need to win big and dooley and Jay Grahm need to lick his butt and make sure he doesn't go to Bamma

An interesting approach, but I commend the level of commitment involved in such a measure.

Sab-esque

Dang, if this is what it takes, he is a Vandy lock. Not only are the assistant coaches' wives hot, I also hear they give the best rim jobs.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back