'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that say that are usually the people that do dissect it. Some people have a hard time just listening to things for what they are and bouncing along to a beat. They want to break down every lyric like it's poetry. It kind of is poetry. But not everybody likes poems, so those people don't think about what goes into every lyrical decision that an artist might make (and that's okay). But many folks do. I do. I can't really help it. I got obsessed with Bob Dylan at some point in my life and could never go back to the way I heard songs before. Not because he's necessarily the greatest musician ever or anything, but just because he made me think about songs a whole different way and what they were capable of.

When you seek out only music for their lyrical worth, it's hard to hear super famous singers who are swimming in cash riding in their convertibles singing retread lyrics like they're not even trying anymore. Then you have 75% of America singing along to these same stupid songs that for the life of you can't get out of your own head how ridiculous and dumb it all is (I'm not saying that the artists you listed are lazy lyricists or dumb, I actually like a lot of them. I'm just referring to a lot of mainstream radio stuff in general).

I think a lot of it is that being hard on mainstream music is kind of the cool way to be these days. But I also think a lot of the hate it gets is completely and totally warranted. Most of it sucks so bad it hurts my ears.

Makes sense..& I could definitely see the other side of it. I like most anything with a decent beat except the obvious dumb ones like FDB. I mean really? The beat sounds good but come on..the song is trash.

Last edited:
D5 from 2013 was sick though.

Not sure what that is unless its tha drought 5 in which case I prob haven't heard it. If it sounds anything like most of his music since he went the young money entertainment route I prob wouldnt like it because hes turned very gimmicky. ...not saying that thats how it is, was just making a statement

Not sure what that is unless its tha drought 5 in which case I prob haven't heard it. If it sounds anything like most of his music since he went the young money entertainment route I prob wouldnt like it because hes turned very gimmicky. ...not saying that thats how it is, was just making a statement
Dedication 5 mixtape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back