'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any news on JHurd or are forever stuck in a discourse of noise produced by ex-convicts or wannabe convicts bragging about killing cops and glorifying drugs? Damn I'd like to spend my limited time reading about UT football as the site is supposed to be about.

A. It's spring break. The only news that would be coming out right now about anyone on the team would be bad news.

B. I'm a rock man at heart, but the stereotype you just presented is simply not true. Just go look at Dead and Gone by TI, Rock-A-Bye by Tech N9ne, or really at least half of the rap songs actually made and they are not all about that. Rappers put a lot of heart and soul into their work, see interviews by Tech N9ne and Eminem, and it's not fair to judge it like such.

Does anyone have any news on JHurd or are forever stuck in a discourse of noise produced by ex-convicts or wannabe convicts bragging about killing cops and glorifying drugs? Damn I'd like to spend my limited time reading about UT football as the site is supposed to be about.

It's spring break. He's at the beach. Chill out it'll all be okay.

A. It's spring break. The only news that would be coming out right now about anyone on the team would be bad news.

B. I'm a rock man at heart, but the stereotype you just presented is simply not true. Just go look at Dead and Gone by TI, Rock-A-Bye by Tech N9ne, or really at least half of the rap songs actually made and they are not all about that. Rappers put a lot of heart and soul into their work, see interviews by Tech N9ne and Eminem, and it's not fair to judge it like such.

I agree with B. There are just a lot more bad ones than good ones. The good ones are underground.
No news is good news. Just like the mail, no mail is good mail because the only things that come there are ads and bills.

So I've read the last several pages of this thread and I think if I understand this correctly, Hurd, Malone, and Yakob are struggling with spring practice to the point they're having breakdowns in the locker room. Because of this, the three are considering quitting football and starting a rap group. Potential names are "Dog Farts" and "Four Sixes". Did I comprehend correctly?

Reactions: 6 people
So I've read the last several pages of this thread and I think if I understand this correctly, Hurd, Malone, and Yakob are struggling with spring practice to the point they're having breakdowns in the locker room. Because of this, the three are considering quitting football and starting a rap group. Potential names are "Dog Farts" and "Four Sixes". Did I comprehend correctly?

Six 6's, since it's more evil...but you got the generals correct.

Seems like a good summary.

Whoa back it up there buddy. Cat farts cross the line. Let's keep on track here.

I guess today will be the "make fun of all the different topics from yesterday because there is still no news and we are annoyed by bored people using their time to converse on a wide variety of subjects but we are bored and aggravated now too so now we are going to bump the thread we hate got bumped for no reason by talking about how stupid it's topics are".....day

Reactions: 2 people
I guess today will be the "make fun of all the different topics from yesterday because there is still no news and we are annoyed by bored people using their time to converse on a wide variety of subjects but we are bored and aggravated now too so now we are going to bump the thread we hate got bumped for no reason by talking about how stupid it's topics are".....day

Sounds about right. I'm not sure why people get all bent out of shape over getting off topic. If it's too bad, Mods do good cleanup work. Otherwise, it's pretty easy to sift through the weeds to get to the good stuff. Not like there's going to be any good news on spring break anyway.

I'm wondering why people say "mainstream music is trash" & stuff like that. Isn't that what makes it mainstream..because it's popular and a lot of people like it? I'm legitimately curious.

I listen to all types of music..FGL, Thomas Rhett, Luke Bryan, Chase Rice, Kendrick Lamar, Wayne, Ross, Drake, Timberlake, Asking Alexandria, Mayday Parade..all kinds of stuff. I don't dissect it for the awesome lyrics or rhymes..just whatever sounds good & has a good beat.

The people that say that are usually the people that do dissect it. Some people have a hard time just listening to things for what they are and bouncing along to a beat. They want to break down every lyric like it's poetry. It kind of is poetry. But not everybody likes poems, so those people don't think about what goes into every lyrical decision that an artist might make (and that's okay). But many folks do. I do. I can't really help it. I got obsessed with Bob Dylan at some point in my life and could never go back to the way I heard songs before. Not because he's necessarily the greatest musician ever or anything, but just because he made me think about songs a whole different way and what they were capable of.

When you seek out only music for their lyrical worth, it's hard to hear super famous singers who are swimming in cash riding in their convertibles singing retread lyrics like they're not even trying anymore. Then you have 75% of America singing along to these same stupid songs that for the life of you can't get out of your own head how ridiculous and dumb it all is (I'm not saying that the artists you listed are lazy lyricists or dumb, I actually like a lot of them. I'm just referring to a lot of mainstream radio stuff in general).

I think a lot of it is that being hard on mainstream music is kind of the cool way to be these days. But I also think a lot of the hate it gets is completely and totally warranted. Most of it sucks so bad it hurts my ears.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm wondering why people say "mainstream music is trash" & stuff like that. Isn't that what makes it mainstream..because it's popular and a lot of people like it? I'm legitimately curious.

I listen to all types of music..FGL, Thomas Rhett, Luke Bryan, Chase Rice, Kendrick Lamar, Wayne, Ross, Drake, Timberlake, Asking Alexandria, Mayday Parade..all kinds of stuff. I don't dissect it for the awesome lyrics or rhymes..just whatever sounds good & has a good beat.

Its because it sounds catchy but has no substance

There were a few great albums. I think T.I. is actually pretty good, but lil Wayne sucked after the third Carter.
I'm a big Tupac, Tech N9ne, and I like rap somewhat similar. Good rap is poetry, bad rap is crap.

E.e. Cummings can drop a rhyme.

Lil wayne didnt suck after that...he put out No Ceilings, a bunch of good singles, rebirth was ok but anything after like 2010 went downhill quick

Yes

I have a great idea for a band but it would require that Hurd learn to play the mandolin. However, I have concerns he may be too tall for the mandolin.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back