'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. You're a young buck I got quite a few years on you. I grew up on the Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Tribe called Quest, Bone Thugs, NWA, Cypress Hill, Geto Boys, and Busta Rhymes just to name a few. Being from Memphis I did listen to some Three 6 Mafia and 8 Ball. I don't listen to a lot of it anymore just only when I'm in the mood like working out.
Yeah I'm younger than most regular posters on here. Busta is still out there grinding :lol: Been on some decent songs in the last three years.

Who's the better rapper isn't really relevant. I mean if the goal was to be the best who's to say a near homeless guy grinding out raps isn't the best? As far as being an entertainer, businessman, etc which is what the industry is all about Juicy is on another planet compared to Paul. As far as "too hard for the radio" a lot of music I listen to isn't for the radio, such as OF but they are making so much merch and concert sales it doesn't even matter. Multiple other examples just one I'm familiar with.

It does almost feel if Juicy sold out a little bit, but he still goes hard on a few songs. If they got back together though>>> :)

Machine Gun Kelly is probably my favorite rapper. A lot of the mainstream rap just isnt as good as it was even 5 years ago. My favorite mainstream guys are probably Eminem before MMLP2, T.I., and Lil Wayne pre 2009-2010.

Also worth honorable mention are yelawolf and a guy named hopsin

Reactions: 1 person
Machine Gun Kelly is probably my favorite rapper. A lot of the mainstream rap just isnt as good as it was even 5 years ago. My favorite mainstream guys are probably Eminem before MMLP2, T.I., and Lil Wayne pre 2009-2010.

Also worth honorable mention are yelawolf and a guy named hopsin

Raps been bad since the early 2000's. It's only gotten worse.

Mainstream, yeah. But if you listen to Independent guys, theres still some good ones. Dizzy Wright and Ces Cru are what Ive been stuck on for a while now.

Some of the mainstream stuff is actually pretty excellent and it's way ahead of what hiphop and rap was in the early 2000s. It's like comparing the real good grunge rock of the early-to-mid 90s to the hair metal of the late 80s.

Jay-Z is still releasing good stuff. The Kanye stuff is real progressive but occasionally he releases a great track. Pusha T, Schoolboy Q, Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky, Drake... those guys are all incredibly talented.

Raps been bad since the early 2000's. It's only gotten worse.

Some of the best selling albums came out in the 2000s. I like a lot of lil Wayne's stuff from tha carter 2 to No Ceilings , trap muzik to paper trail, everything eminem put out besides relapse.

Then theres 50 cent, Snoop Dogg maybe, Ludacris, maybe a few others.

Now theres a very select few thst im even willing to listen to

I'm wondering why people say "mainstream music is trash" & stuff like that. Isn't that what makes it mainstream..because it's popular and a lot of people like it? I'm legitimately curious.

I listen to all types of music..FGL, Thomas Rhett, Luke Bryan, Chase Rice, Kendrick Lamar, Wayne, Ross, Drake, Timberlake, Asking Alexandria, Mayday Parade..all kinds of stuff. I don't dissect it for the awesome lyrics or rhymes..just whatever sounds good & has a good beat.

Gotta throw my 2 cents in the Rap discussion, born and raised in Memphis, I was raised on 36M and 8Ball. My favorite is easily Tech N9ne (#1 independent rapper in the world! I still listen to Everready on repeat), but I got some mad props to Kendrick Lamar, Hopsin, TI (listenin to Dead and Gone on repeat right now), and with Sirius XM I recently discovered Schoolboy Q and got actually deep into Drake's stuff. Rap is light years ahead of the early thousands when you look the right places.

Gotta throw my 2 cents in the Rap discussion, born and raised in Memphis, I was raised on 36M and 8Ball. My favorite is easily Tech N9ne (#1 independent rapper in the world! I still listen to Everready on repeat), but I got some mad props to Kendrick Lamar, Hopsin, TI (listenin to Dead and Gone on repeat right now), and with Sirius XM I recently discovered Schoolboy Q and got actually deep into Drake's stuff. Rap is light years ahead of the early thousands when you look the right places.

I'll stick w/ the current direction of the thread... A little 36M, late night tip.....damn that brings me back

I'll stick w/ the current direction of the thread... A little 36M, late night tip.....damn that brings me back

My favorite 36M song is actually a collab on Tech's KOD album, Demons. Song gets me pumped everytime. I have had many a freestyle on that very beat.

No knock on Josh or any of our guys - I promise. I feel for the kids, and I can only imagine what they're all going through right now. My only point for adding tidbits about Josh & Jakob is that it's not easy for ANY of these guys no matter how they're represented by the media & the fans. We can sometimes readily forget their age & lack of experience and immediately categorize them as a "bust" or "not really that good" if they don't perform to our expectations.

So, when a person comments that "he's battling with going from a big kid in a small town to a locker-room full of other extremely talented individuals", I would say that's absolutely normal and that they're all going through their share of adjusting right now. It's a part of the process, and it should be expected.

A few weeks ago, Hurd told his parents that "maybe football wasn't for him anymore and that felt like he lost it". Good thing he's moved past that, huh?:)

U have his home phone tapped?

Some of the best selling albums came out in the 2000s. I like a lot of lil Wayne's stuff from tha carter 2 to No Ceilings , trap muzik to paper trail, everything eminem put out besides relapse.

Then theres 50 cent, Snoop Dogg maybe, Ludacris, maybe a few others.

Now theres a very select few thst im even willing to listen to

There were a few great albums. I think T.I. is actually pretty good, but lil Wayne sucked after the third Carter.
I'm a big Tupac, Tech N9ne, and I like rap somewhat similar. Good rap is poetry, bad rap is crap.

E.e. Cummings can drop a rhyme.

There were a few great albums. I think T.I. is actually pretty good, but lil Wayne sucked after the third Carter.
I'm a big Tupac, Tech N9ne, and I like rap somewhat similar. Good rap is poetry, bad rap is crap.

Would have loved to see tech and Tupac collab back in the day, I still listen to cotton-eyed stroll all the time and that song almost cries out for a Tupac verse

Would also say that anyone that hasn't listened to Everready from start to finish is missing one of the best put together rap albums of all time

Does anyone have any news on JHurd or are forever stuck in a discourse of noise produced by ex-convicts or wannabe convicts bragging about killing cops and glorifying drugs? Damn I'd like to spend my limited time reading about UT football as the site is supposed to be about.

Reactions: 4 people
Does anyone have any news on JHurd or are forever stuck in a discourse of noise produced by ex-convicts or wannabe convicts bragging about killing cops and glorifying drugs? Damn I'd like to spend my limited time reading about UT football as the site is supposed to be about.

He's doing great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back