'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever see Riggs play for Red Bank his junior year? Unreal good. The best back in the state.

Yeah Riggs was an absolute stud in HS. I thought he was going to be the best back we ever had at UT when he picked us...

Did you ever see Riggs play for Red Bank his junior year? Unreal good. The best back in the state.

It never translated to college. Hurd was the best back in the state this past season and did carry his team to a state title.

Reactions: 1 person
It never translated to college. Hurd was tge best back in the state this past season and did carry his team to a state title.

Riggs carried his team to a state title. Not sure if saw that LSU game in 2005.

He was also about 6'1", 210. I'm not trying to compare him to Hurd or Red Bank to Beech, I'm just saying that Riggs was the prototypical back, put up huge numbers against good teams and was considered a lock to make the NFL coming out of HS.... and he wasn't top 10 nationally.

Riggs carried his team to a state title. Not sure if saw that LSU game in 2005.

So they did win. Did you watch Hurd and Beech in person this past season?

I have seen plenty if football in my day and took part in several playoff games. Beech was not the best team, that I have seen, but they were pretty good. There would not be much difference in most championship teams at each classification over the years.

So they did win. Did you watch Hurd and Beech in person this past season?

I have seen plenty if football in my day and took part in several playoff games. Beech was not the best team, that I have seen, but they were pretty good. There would not be much difference in most championship teams at each classification over the years.

There is no doubt that Hurd is a special talent. But many who watched Riggs play at Red Bank would argue the same.

There is no doubt that Hurd is a special talent. But many who watched Riggs play at Red Bank would argue the same.

This. Exactly the point I was trying to make before it turned into a debate.

Riggs was a beast, but TN HS Football doesn't seem to get a lot of respect nationally.

Could be that so many coaches run the wing t and do not do things to better develop the players.

Because Hurd is 6'3 and plays middle TN football, that means that he will not be a top ten prospect?

Beech beat every team they played against this year (5A and 6A), and would have readily beaten anyone in the state - including Maryville. Their strength of schedule is ranked higher (on Maxpreps) than most of the top RB's backs teams in the nation for the 2013 and 2014 class. People kill me pissing on TN football like there's no competition. He broke the season single rushing record (3,357 yards) and all time points scored (296 pts) - not to mention breaking 13 records total. Yet, he is not 5 star material? So, you're implying that 247 Sports is inaccurate in the grading system?

If you're stuck on Rivals, let's see what Rivals has to say about Jalen getting his 5th star on their site. When the new grading systems are released, there will be no doubt that he will be right there.

VolQuest.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Plenty of 5-stars in waiting

Calm down bro. I didn't say I would agree with not having Hurd ranked in the top 10 because of the reasons I listed, just thought it was a possibility because it has happened before. People question the level of competition of prospects who play middle tn quite often. Again I'm not saying I agree with them as I'm from middle tn and played high school ball here myself.

And I also don't think his height will be a hiderance but I thought that might be another reason the recruiting services didn't rank him in the top 10 because it seems like the majority of those prospects are the "prototypical" size (RBs who are 5'10"-6'0", WRs who are 6'1"-6'5", etc.). I wasn't knocking the guy in the least as I think he's an outstanding player and athlete. I was just stating reasons as to why I could see recruiting services not ranking him in the top 10 because they have used those reasons in the past. Just to clear the air...I personally think Jalen should absolutely be a 5 star prospect.

Because Hurd is 6'3 and plays middle TN football, that means that he will not be a top ten prospect?

Beech beat every team they played against this year (5A and 6A), and would have readily beaten anyone in the state - including Maryville. Their strength of schedule is ranked higher (on Maxpreps) than most of the top RB's backs teams in the nation for the 2013 and 2014 class. People kill me pissing on TN football like there's no competition. He broke the season single rushing record (3,357 yards) and all time points scored (296 pts) - not to mention breaking 13 records total. Yet, he is not 5 star material? So, you're implying that 247 Sports is inaccurate in the grading system?

If you're stuck on Rivals, let's see what Rivals has to say about Jalen getting his 5th star on their site. When the new grading systems are released, there will be no doubt that he will be right there.

VolQuest.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Plenty of 5-stars in waiting

I don't think Beech would have beaten Ensworth and doubt they would have beaten Whitehaven, though Whitehaven isn't Middle TN.

I don't think Beech would have beaten Ensworth and doubt they would have beaten Whitehaven, though Whitehaven isn't Middle TN.
Ensworth is a great team that wouldn't match up well with Beech. Beech by 20 and Hurd would have went smooth off on them with 300+. Didnt watch any Whitehaven games, so I have no clue how they'd match up.

Ensworth is a great team that wouldn't match up well with Beech. Beech by 20 and Hurd would have went smooth off on them with 300+. Didnt watch any Whitehaven games, so I have no clue how they'd match up.

No doubt. Hurd would have run circles around Ensworth, imo.

All I know is Bill King hardly ever talks up Tennessee recruits, but he said JH is an absolute stud and would be a program changer for UT.

Grows to 6'4+ we're talking receiver. Hope the (height) growth spurt has subsided. Want. Need @ RB.
The talent we're in on...'14 Class will be huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back