'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Not worried about this in the least. Is it a loss? Sure it is. Can we get someone better? I believe we can. Just want to say I have all the confidence in the world with guys like Von Pearson, Dontavious Blair, and Owen Williams. Now, everyone just sit back until the dead period ends, and see who Butch gets that will make us all say, "Davonte Who?"

Reactions: 4 people
THIS is why Butch is over recruiting. You just never know with kids what they are going to do. Butch wants a full class signed so he's lining them up, seeing who signs on the dotted line on signing day, then he'll worry about the numbers later if he's over. I'd say this isn't the first bad surprise we will see but i also bet we get a good surprise or two as well. Losing Lambert in the overall recruiting class isn't that big of a deal. We'll be fine..

whether or not dee ford and the other guy is gone doesnt matter. its still a deeper, more talented rotation he will be trying to crack

For all you folks that are convinced that AU has paid Lambert off--Owen Willams was committed to Texas Tech until we stole him. Did we pay him off too?

“I can just say that at Auburn I just know Coach Garner will bust his tail for me to put me in the league,” Lambert tells*Inside The Auburn Tigers. “At the same time I’m going to bust my tail for him as well. Devaroe never just told me to come to Auburn with him, but at the same time when you look at everything with the coaches you can’t go wrong with Coach Garner.“Just knowing that he rotates his defensive linemen like crazy put the thought in my head that I know I’ll be fresh for another down,” he adds. “It’s also about knowing that I can trust the players that are going in for me as well.”

-scout

Garner is a great recruiter, but not so much of a position coach. If he was an average recruiter, he would not be coaching in the SEC. I guess, Au thinks if he can recruit, the great players, they don't have to be coached.

He flipped a long time ago.. He also didn't lie to anyone leading up to signing day..

While I realize and agree that lambert handled it with very little, if any, class, I still don't see why the fact that he flipped means he was paid to flip. Williams flipped too.

For all you folks that are convinced that AU has paid Lambert off--Owen Willams was committed to Texas Tech until we stole him. Did we pay him off too?

If you count competition against the nation's elite with exposure on national television with the prospect of professional teams drafting you while paying you high dollars.....

Then yea it pays to play in the SEC.

Garner is a great recruiter, but not so much of a position coach. If he was an average recruiter, he would not be coaching in the SEC. I guess, Au thinks if he can recruit, the great players, they don't have to be coached.

Yes he is a terrible position coach. Just look at his list of NFL draftees as proof, including 5 first round picks. DE Dee Ford will join the ranks this upcoming NFL draft.

At Georgia he coached five NFL first round draft choices -- Richard Seymour (Patriots) and Marcus Stroud (Jaguars), both Pro Bowl starters; David Pollack (Bengals); Charles Grant (Saints); and Johnathan Sullivan (Saints). He also coached draft picks DeAngelo Tyson (7th, Ravens, `12), Geno Atkins (4th, Bengals, '10), Corvey Irvin (3rd, Panthers, `09), Jaruis Wynn (6th, Packers, '09), Kedric Golston (6th, Redskins, `06), Robert Geathers (4th, Bengals, '04), Emarlos Leroy (6th, Jaguars, `99), and free agents Ken Veal (Chargers, `04), Paul Snellings (Colts, 2000), Brandon Miller (Colts, 2000), Charles Johnson (Panthers, '07), Tyrone Robertson (Bills, 2000) and Demetric Evans (Cowboys, `01).

Reactions: 1 person
Fellas,
Relax, I know recruiting is big for rebuilding but cussing at a kid that decided to go somewhere else is stupid. This guy decided that Auburn was best for him and he is now going there instead of UT. I don't care what you guys say about last minute changing, that is a big decision to make and he alone made it. Wish him well and let it go. Go Vols!

gah..our recruiting class is ruined. let's just pack up our things and continue being the whipping boys of the SEC... (blatant sarcasm for those who cannot detect it)....

Fellas,
Relax, I know recruiting is big for rebuilding but cussing at a kid that decided to go somewhere else is stupid. This guy decided that Auburn was best for him and he is now going there instead of UT. I don't care what you guys say about last minute changing, that is a big decision to make and he alone made it. Wish him well and let it go. Go Vols!

its how he did it. youre not understanding that. thats what people are mad about. and they have the right to be

Dobbs was a NSD flip to us.

Did he lie to the Arizona state staff for that time he was considering us???

If he did i want no part of that kid leading my football team!

I am going to assume he didn't handle his recruitment the same as here
Not all flips involve the recruit lying to coaching staffs.

Edit: Didn't notice who I was replying to. Sorry guys.

So you guys are going crazy over a kid deciding to go to a school who's in their second NC game in the past four years? Come on now people we won't win every battle. We beat them for the OT Blair and celebrated. Wish the man luck and keep it moving. Opens up another spot for another star. :)

Fellas,

To me isn't even the fact that we didn't land him. I understand that he made the best choice for him. I just hate the fact that the dude got mad for people bashing him a couple days before and then "reaffirmed " his commitment saying he was all vol. If you weren't going to be a vol then just be man enough and say it in the first place. Don't punk out and shaft us from signing another EE that might help us out in his place.

All of this being said I haven't really bashed him in the first place.

Yes he is a terrible position coach. Just look at his list of NFL draftees as proof, including 5 first round picks. DE Dee Ford will join the ranks this upcoming NFL draft.

At Georgia he coached five NFL first round draft choices -- Richard Seymour (Patriots) and Marcus Stroud (Jaguars), both Pro Bowl starters; David Pollack (Bengals); Charles Grant (Saints); and Johnathan Sullivan (Saints). He also coached draft picks DeAngelo Tyson (7th, Ravens, `12), Geno Atkins (4th, Bengals, '10), Corvey Irvin (3rd, Panthers, `09), Jaruis Wynn (6th, Packers, '09), Kedric Golston (6th, Redskins, `06), Robert Geathers (4th, Bengals, '04), Emarlos Leroy (6th, Jaguars, `99), and free agents Ken Veal (Chargers, `04), Paul Snellings (Colts, 2000), Brandon Miller (Colts, 2000), Charles Johnson (Panthers, '07), Tyrone Robertson (Bills, 2000) and Demetric Evans (Cowboys, `01).

you think Dee Ford is a first rounder?

VN Store

Back