'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Speaking of Santos, I wonder how he is enjoying that circus at tu of Austin?

While not an ideal situation with the coaching shake up, he would have went through the same thing at Tennessee. He is getting a lot of playing time at LB for the horns. He was able to stay closer to home. I would guess he is just fine with his decision. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Going home, been a day filled with mixed emotions. We got 3 true #VFL's...lets be happy for those guys and give them our attention. Everyone be safe and dont forget about RichRollin and his family. If you can give, do it, but reguardless, keep them in your thoughts and prayers!! Much Love Volnation!!

Reactions: 3 people
“I can just say that at Auburn I just know Coach Garner will bust his tail for me to put me in the league,” Lambert tells*Inside The Auburn Tigers. “At the same time I’m going to bust my tail for him as well. Devaroe never just told me to come to Auburn with him, but at the same time when you look at everything with the coaches you can’t go wrong with Coach Garner.“Just knowing that he rotates his defensive linemen like crazy put the thought in my head that I know I’ll be fresh for another down,” he adds. “It’s also about knowing that I can trust the players that are going in for me as well.”

-scout

Good Luck to the young man. He made a choice that he felt was better for him. I will never put a kid down for that.

Agreed if he did it with honesty. If he told the coaches a few weeks ago he was considering auburn and would keep them in the loop the entire time I support his decision and wish him the best.

We know plenty enough to know that wast the case

Reactions: 2 people
Had he been my son, he would have handled this situation way differently...but he's not my son. Snap and Clear.

We want kids here that bleed orange and are VFL's. This kid was not that. Did we need him heck yeah but all in all I want kids who want to be here. Maybe he will learn from this when we beat them in Atlanta in a couple of years. Who knows. GBO!

Yeah, that's all there was to it. And how do 'we' win more games. Last I checked 'we' don't play.

Whatever. Blah blah blah. Lighten up.

I never said it was the only reason. Grades and other concerns could've weighed in. Winning helps in recruiting battles, though. You don't have to like it but it's fact.

And I say 'We' because it's my team. Our team. I consider it a team effort from the staff to the players to the fans. No need explaining this to you, though. It's an easy concept to grasp. You're just being an internet badass.

Agreed if he did it with honesty. If he told the coaches a few weeks ago he was considering auburn and would keep them in the loop the entire time I support his decision and wish him the best.

We know plenty enough to know that wast the case

Recruiting has gotten out of control. I still refuse to bad mouth a young guy. I know I made PLENTY of mistakes at that age due to immaturity.

No class at all he lied period... Why did he not de comitt so we could presue someone else be a man that clearly he is not.. Classless thug uuuuuuuuu dubb lying SOB

Lambert left the Vols at the alter, so it's time to let it go and move on! The best revenge is to be ranked higher than Auburn before he leaves school! Work harder and longer to find someone even better at his position!

Reactions: 2 people
“I can just say that at Auburn I just know Coach Garner will bust his tail for me to put me in the league,” Lambert tells*Inside The Auburn Tigers. “At the same time I’m going to bust my tail for him as well. Devaroe never just told me to come to Auburn with him, but at the same time when you look at everything with the coaches you can’t go wrong with Coach Garner.“Just knowing that he rotates his defensive linemen like crazy put the thought in my head that I know I’ll be fresh for another down,” he adds. “It’s also about knowing that I can trust the players that are going in for me as well.”

-scout

Tells you all you need to know...pretty much saying he'd be the only capable DT on our team...that our talent and depth blow.

We want kids here that bleed orange and are VFL's. This kid was not that. Did we need him heck yeah but all in all I want kids who want to be here. Maybe he will learn from this when we beat them in Atlanta in a couple of years. Who knows. GBO!

they can commit and sign and then become VFL's after that as well... not all these kids "bleed orange" until they get on campus and experience college first hand. which is perfectly fine.

Here is the Auburn 2 Deep returning next season.

Auburn two deep:
Icon 30 Dee Ford | 6-2, 240, SR
97 Elijah Daniel | 6-2, 264, FR

Icon 94 Nosa Eguae | 6-3, 269, SR
1 Montravius Adams | 6-4, 305, FR
93 JaBrian Niles | 6-2, 293, SO

Icon 90 Gabe Wright | 6-3, 296, JR
50 Ben Bradley | 6-1, 295, SO

Icon 10 LaDarius Owens | 6-2, 250, JR
55 Carl Lawson | 6-2, 258, FR

Where is Lambert going to break in and play? I guarantee you that the only place he will get any playing time is at DT and he will be a back hop for sure.

Lambert was dazzled by Auburn's season and by Rodney" Church Lady" Garner (Remember the story about how he went to church with Durell Robinson?)

Auburn two deep:

Where is Lambert going to break in and play? I guarantee you that the only place he will get any playing time is at DT and he will be a back hop for sure.

Dee Ford and Nosa Eguae are gone this year. Thats why it says "SR".

Auburn two deep:

Lambert was dazzled by Auburn's season and by Rodney" Church Lady" Garner (Remember the story about how he went to church with Durell Robinson?)

That's this year's depth chart. So those SRs will be gone next year.

Sorry Lambert didn't become a Vol. He's made a decision that he's going to have to live with. If it was a wrong decision it will hurt only him. I'm sure Butch will find the right VFL to take his place. We will be fine. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back