'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Yes he is a terrible position coach. Just look at his list of NFL draftees as proof, including 5 first round picks. DE Dee Ford will join the ranks this upcoming NFL draft.

At Georgia he coached five NFL first round draft choices -- Richard Seymour (Patriots) and Marcus Stroud (Jaguars), both Pro Bowl starters; David Pollack (Bengals); Charles Grant (Saints); and Johnathan Sullivan (Saints). He also coached draft picks DeAngelo Tyson (7th, Ravens, `12), Geno Atkins (4th, Bengals, '10), Corvey Irvin (3rd, Panthers, `09), Jaruis Wynn (6th, Packers, '09), Kedric Golston (6th, Redskins, `06), Robert Geathers (4th, Bengals, '04), Emarlos Leroy (6th, Jaguars, `99), and free agents Ken Veal (Chargers, `04), Paul Snellings (Colts, 2000), Brandon Miller (Colts, 2000), Charles Johnson (Panthers, '07), Tyrone Robertson (Bills, 2000) and Demetric Evans (Cowboys, `01).

Get lost metatard, your presence is no longer necessary.

Reactions: 1 person
Fellas,
Relax, I know recruiting is big for rebuilding but cussing at a kid that decided to go somewhere else is stupid. This guy decided that Auburn was best for him and he is now going there instead of UT. I don't care what you guys say about last minute changing, that is a big decision to make and he alone made it. Wish him well and let it go. Go Vols!

These kids need to learn that once you give your WORD, it should be concrete...if it is not, then don't do it and wait til it is...so **** LAMBERT...I hope he fails miserably...

“I can just say that at Auburn I just know Coach Garner will bust his tail for me to put me in the league,” Lambert tells*Inside The Auburn Tigers. “At the same time I’m going to bust my tail for him as well. Devaroe never just told me to come to Auburn with him, but at the same time when you look at everything with the coaches you can’t go wrong with Coach Garner.“Just knowing that he rotates his defensive linemen like crazy put the thought in my head that I know I’ll be fresh for another down,” he adds. “It’s also about knowing that I can trust the players that are going in for me as well.”

-scout
Lol. Hopefully he's fresh enough to pick the splinters out of his ass after two years at the Barn.

Reactions: 1 person
its how he did it. youre not understanding that. thats what people are mad about. and they have the right to be

I understand. I also have three kids and when they are in their late teens to early twenties and make a last minute decision to swap to another school to not have to worry about crazy fans that can't get over a kid deciding to go to another school. Get over it and cheer for the guys we did get today! Go vols!

These kids need to learn that once you give your WORD, it should be concrete...if it is not, then don't do it and wait til it is...so **** LAMBERT...I hope he fails miserably...

Much prefer the previous poster's to yours. It's a difference between 'class' and 'lack of class'. Simply wish them well and let go. These switches will happen over and over before signing day. No sense in flipping out each time. And, I'm betting recruits would rather go to a school where fans are largely 'classy'.

Also he mentioned trusting the other players he's playing with. Now look at our D-line compared to Auburn's line. They are loaded up front. He has a legit reason to pick Auburn. They didn't have to buy him at all.

Also he mentioned trusting the other players he's playing with. Now look at our D-line compared to Auburn's line. They are loaded up front. He has a legit reason to pick Auburn. They didn't have to buy him at all.

Yes, I can't disagree with that BUT... he sure handled it about as piss poor as anyone could.

He should have de-committed and re-opened his recruitment when he first had doubt about signing with us.

Instead, he lied to the coaches and fans right up until today. He can change his mind all he wants and go to AU but just man up and handle it the right way.

Reactions: 6 people
Kids minds change with the wind. You know that.....

Yes they do. And Lambert is still a liar. So your point is what - a rationalization that it is OK to lie, that it is just part of the game? Nah. Ask the President about that one today.

What goes around comes around.

Kids minds change with the wind. You know that.....
Auburn needs to rehire Trooper so he can work his magic with the grades or this kid will be playing with nothing but him self.Serves him right I hope he never makes it in .But Iam sure AU will help with his grades.

VN Store

Back