'14 GA QB Deshaun Watson (Clemson Commit)

How is this guy not a unanimous 5 star and the number 1 qb in the country?

Yes but tough battle for anyone not named Clemson and OSU. I think he goes to Ohio state to replace Braxton miller

His family wants him close to home and he said the same. They can't afford to travel to OSU to see him play. Unless the money jar left at the tattoo parlor gets refilled, I don't see OSU. He is Clemson unless Morris left which is actually likely. He interviewed last year at other schools for OC not HC.

Yes but tough battle for anyone not named Clemson and OSU. I think he goes to Ohio state to replace Braxton miller
I think he stays with Clemson, personally. I'd love him at OSU, seems to be the best dual-threat QB in 2014, but Clemson has a lot going for them with him. Much longer relationship, opening in 2014 when he comes in (and Boyd has left), closer to home. OSU just grabbed JT Barrett in 2013 (very good dual-threat QB, a notch below Watson). Clemson = less competition + all of those positives I mentioned, so I think he stays with Clemson when it's all said and done.

Cornwell is close but this guy is the number 1 player in the country in my opinion.

I think Cornwell is 1 and Watson is 2 but both are really good QB's. But Cornwell would be my top choice at QB then Watson a distant 2nd, JMO. Just hope like hell the bammers dont get him and taint the poor kid. We will have the much better talent at WR and doubt Saban is still there by time he graduates. I can see Saban calling it quits in a few yrs.

I think Cornwell is 1 and Watson is 2 but both are really good QB's. But Cornwell would be my top choice at QB then Watson a distant 2nd, JMO. Just hope like hell the bammers dont get him and taint the poor kid. We will have the much better talent at WR and doubt Saban is still there by time he graduates. I can see Saban calling it quits in a few yrs.

Is that because we have a better chance to get Cornwell?

Not true. He makes $1.3 million and is not leaving for another OC position. He interviewed at Texas Tech and NC State for their head coaching positions.

Yeah will be one of the hottest names out there, just waiting for the right opportunity. If the new guy at Oregon falls on his face I'd expect them to pursue a guy like him.

Yeah will be one of the hottest names out there, just waiting for the right opportunity. If the new guy at Oregon falls on his face I'd expect them to pursue a guy like him.

Sounds like we should help the clemson OC out :)
Say on 9/14 :hi:

Haha I've seen you say UT is going to beat Oregon many times. What makes you so confident for that particular game? Just curious.

Well they lost some good players on defense and we will have them vastly outsized.. Our ol versus their dl.. But we had that advantage last time too. Hoping butch gets the run game going but expect us to lose a closer one( than last time pray tell)

I think Coach Jones and staff are smart enough to review each and every oregon game to determine the best ways to stop them and to score on them. I would not be surprised to learn that they already have the gameplan for the 1st half of the 2013 season opponents.

Am I an optimist? Of course, I AM a Volunteer! :)

Haha I've seen you say UT is going to beat Oregon many times. What makes you so confident for that particular game? Just curious.

I look at the Stanford VS Oregon game last year. We have more talent than Stanford. We played Oregon even with a very young team for a half with a coach who could not coach. Our team will be alot more experienced and alot bigger than Oregon this year. Our OL should be able to dictate how this game plays out. Oregon has us on speed(their O vs our D), but if we can keep them in front of us and make them sustain long drives, they will make mistakes. We have to punch them in the mouth early. We run the ball, control the clock, we win IMO.

VN Store

Back