'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want this kid to commit just because he is a German lol. Supposedly he moves like a db

The Germanator 2.0?

0,,1321835_4,00.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Serious question:

How can we take nearly every posters opinion seriously when every recruiting thread is filled with "this is a guy we need badly"

I understand the let the coaches worry about the numbers responses this will get but I prefer us to have a realistic discussion on what the class can and will end up looking like come signing day.

Serious question:

How can we take nearly every posters opinion seriously when every recruiting thread is filled with "this is a guy we need badly"

I understand the let the coaches worry about the numbers responses this will get but I prefer us to have a realistic discussion on what the class can and will end up looking like come signing day.

I don't know about the position breakdown, but it's apparent we are taking at least one more LB from this offer.

Morgan and Garrett off the top of my head.

Those are the other two I was considering as well. I get the feeling the staff is okay at LB, but would prefer one more HS LB. That would give us 4 high school players at the position.

Constatin Ritzman 2.0... They both moved to FL from Germany and actually are about the same size.

I don't know about the position breakdown, but it's apparent we are taking at least one more LB from this offer.

I think if we keep all of our current committs at LB then we would only take another one if it was on Clifton G's level. I say we are still recruiting cause we should be, but I dont think we are for sure gonna add one.

I'm sort of wondering now how this LB situation is going to shake out. It seems like Curt could RS and I wonder if AJ doesn't feel inclined to go in the NFL draft what happens? We still take all the LBs we have now and just develop them?

I think if we keep all of our current committs at LB then we would only take another one if it was on Clifton G's level. I say we are still recruiting cause we should be, but I dont think we are for sure gonna add one.

That's good info. Thanks

I'm sort of wondering now how this LB situation is going to shake out. It seems like Curt could RS and I wonder if AJ doesn't feel inclined to go in the NFL draft what happens? We still take all the LBs we have now and just develop them?

Yes, it's called talented depth. Something we haven't had in a long time. When UT is back where it needs to be very few true freshman will start or even play.

Reactions: 3 people

It's not as much about the offers to me as it is the active recruitment. The fact we seem to be actively recruiting the LB position tells me they would prefer one more body.

If AJ comes back next year and Maggitt somehow gets healthy, the LB corp could be the most talented and deepest group we've had in years. Man, depth feels good.

Serious question:

First, I'm not sure that Riyadh (who I, sadly, believe will ultimately end up on a medical waiver) and Jabo don't give us more room in the '14 class than we thought. I realize 30 is the generally accepted number, but the convergence of those 3 rules creates something of a cluster **** so I am not sure I buy that.

Second, I think it still makes sense to recruit higher numbers. Nobody wants to think about is losing Mouhon, Weatherd, or Bryant but it happens in recruiting and being prepared is a good thing.

Finally, I think we have minimums at each spot that are probably more based on the roster than the class size, and then beyond that were just recruiting for talent regardless of position. It's not like we have any given position that is just stocked and ready to go.

JMO on why I think it's difficult to play a numbers game with recruiting, especially this early on.

Does Johnson have a commitable offer?

Definite committable offer. I know everyone is kind of skeptical but in the little film I've seen he's the real deal. He's huge and has a great burst. Trust me, he's going to blow up.

-Fortenberry

LB or DE?

I think he plays LB because he moves so well for someone with his size. But, he told me doesn't care where he plays at the next level and just wants to play.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people
This dude is gonna be a star. He's super raw, but the size/athleticism/motor/aggressiveness is all there.

I say we land this guy, get Dews to gray shirt, and be done with linebacker recruiting this cycle.

Somebody should tweet this at jakob.

I think he's likely already aware. Constatin Ritzmann posts on VQ under the name "Uzzi91" and Uzzi made some comments last night that UT is very high on this kid. I'm betting the staff has told Johnson about Ritzmann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back