'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

Saw this kids offer list. Impressive. What, no Pansybilt. Somebody tweet that west end prick franklin so he can offer this kid like the big boys and continue his effing fantasy

Thats the thing, there shouldnt be a promised education for 4 years, its should be earned just like the other kids who have to work there a$$ off to keep their scholarship. I dont wont to here the crap about football bringing money into the school because these kids that havent played in 4 years but get a free ride havent contributed to any. Its still sending a bad message to the kids not playing sport. Its telling them that they will have to earn their scholarship every year because they are not an asset like football players.

I may be in the minority but I agree with this sentiment.

As a teacher, I see many an athelete get into school not because they can read or write, but because they can catch or dunk. They should have to live up to their scholarship if they want to remain on roster/school.

It's an insult to those that have to earn one through academics.

I understand the drawback that some kids are academically sound yet Saban pulls their scholly, but that is the nature of the beast I suppose. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
The sad part are fans who whine about what Saban does but if he was at your school would defend it because in the end if your team is winning or the coach is turning the program around the fans ignore all the questionable acts by the coaching staff. And before you tell me how wrong I am let me start opening up all the threads about how great Kiffin was when he was at UT and boasting about all his methods.:hi:

You're wrong on all fronts concerning me. I don't mind releases, transfers, and the like... But Saban, your sweet savior, is notorious for asking players to file medical hardships (effectively ending their careers) rather than just letting them loose. That's not roster management, that's slime.

You'll never hear me defending anything like that, because I don't believe such lowly acts take place all over the NCAA. What's sad to me are the sheer number of kids that line up to play for that sack of sh*t you call a coach. Your "every coach does it" line is crap, TW, as most do roster management without asking their kids to end their college careers. I can't wait until that midget ass retires or takes another job and the Tuscaloosa Turds sink back to the sewer.

Reactions: 2 people
Thats the thing, there shouldnt be a promised education for 4 years, its should be earned just like the other kids who have to work there a$$ off to keep their scholarship. I dont wont to here the crap about football bringing money into the school because these kids that havent played in 4 years but get a free ride havent contributed to any. Its still sending a bad message to the kids not playing sport. Its telling them that they will have to earn their scholarship every year because they are not an asset like football players.

But, if the kid is doing great in the classroom but not as well on the football field he gets the boot and no education. Maybe they were bad evaluators. Not the kid fault if he is working his butt off in the classroom and on the field and is just not good enough. Problem with college sports is it really is not about working hard in the classroom and getting the education. It is about what you do on the field only and just do enough in class to get by. This is what most coaches care about.

Before you go off the deep end and concern yourself with education why don't you blast the NCAA for lowering the standard so low just to get these kids on the football field. Maybe you have not heard of the current sliding scale.

To bad thousands of students each year who actually work their but off in the classroom while in HS and have no athletic ability whatsoever but blow the sliding scale out of the water yet can not get in. But you seem to think it is alright that these so called student athletes should get a free education that many did not deserve if we are truly basing it on them being a student first.

But you seem naive enough to believe these football recruits are students first football players second. Sort of sad you defending a system that all it requires is for your HS coach to get in you in the right classes to stay qualified in HS and then all you have to do is write your name when you sit for the SAT or ACT then leave and qualify for college.

These kids are setup for failure in the class room long before they ever arrive at school.

Really sick of the NCAA too and the HS coaches who really don't care about the players outside of football. You are not understanding everything I am saying here. The whole system is BS now with the education thing. That is why it is not really college football in so many ways but pro minor leagues. Basketball is even worse.

The sad part are fans who whine about what Saban does but if he was at your school would defend it because in the end if your team is winning or the coach is turning the program around the fans ignore all the questionable acts by the coaching staff. And before you tell me how wrong I am let me start opening up all the threads about how great Kiffin was when he was at UT and boasting about all his methods.:hi:

I would not and do not like it. But, glad you love it. Saben is not the only one. If you go back to the 60's, you will see Bear had no issue with it. But, Coach Dodd did and if you will do your research and read Dodd's own book you will see how it led to GT leaving the SEC.

Really sick of the NCAA too and the HS coaches who really don't care about the players outside of football. You are not understanding everything I am saying here. The whole system is BS now with the education thing. That is why it is not really college football in so many ways but pro minor leagues. Basketball is even worse.

I agree that most involved are not concerned about these players outside of football and the education part is a joke. They may as well pay these players and fans need to understand they are only as good to the college as long as they play on the field. Even Vandy is starting to sell out to the idea football players first students second.

Reactions: 1 person
I would not and do not like it. But, glad you love it. Saben is not the only one. If you go back to the 60's, you will see Bear had no issue with it. But, Coach Dodd did and if you will do your research and read Dodd's own book you will see how it led to GT leaving the SEC.

I never said anything about loving the system the NCAA has created that has no real plan for these kids to get an education. In regards to Saban I applaud his effort to create such a large support system to make sure these kids get a degree. Most recruits talk about how at UA the system is set up for them to get their degree in 3 years. So if they are seniors and have a degree, but are buried in depth, I have no issue if they are gone from the roster to make room for a player coming in.

In the end every side is using the other. The coaches, colleges, and fans use these recruits for their ability to play. And these recruits use the college as well to get to the NFL, a degree(that maybe they did not deserve), or an ooportunity to play in college.

I have yet to see a fan ask when a player leaves early for the draft if that player got his degree, but they are quick to celebrate their school has a player getting drafted.

I agree that most involved are not concerned about these players outside of football and the education part is a joke. They may as well pay these players and fans need to understand they are only as good to the college as long as they play on the field. Even Vandy is starting to sell out to the idea football players first students second.

Completely agree with this. It is still sad.

I never said anything about loving the system the NCAA has created that has no real plan for these kids to get an education. In regards to Saban I applaud his effort to create such a large support system to make sure these kids get a degree. Most recruits talk about how at UA the system is set up for them to get their degree in 3 years. So if they are seniors and have a degree, but are buried in depth, I have no issue if they are gone from the roster to make room for a player coming in.

In the end every side is using the other. The coaches, colleges, and fans use these recruits for their ability to play. And these recruits use the college as well to get to the NFL, a degree(that maybe they did not deserve), or an ooportunity to play in college.

I have yet to see a fan ask when a player leaves early for the draft if that player got his degree, but they are quick to celebrate their school has a player getting drafted.

If they get a degree, that is good. I don't celebrate a guy drafted who then never gets a degree. Especially the ones who do not get the degree and have an injury or get cut quickly.

You're wrong on all fronts concerning me. I don't mind releases, transfers, and the like... But Saban, your sweet savior, is notorious for asking players to file medical hardships (effectively ending their careers) rather than just letting them loose. That's not roster management, that's slime.

You'll never hear me defending anything like that, because I don't believe such lowly acts take place all over the NCAA. What's sad to me are the sheer number of kids that line up to play for that sack of sh*t you call a coach. Your "every coach does it" line is crap, TW, as most do roster management without asking their kids to end their college careers. I can't wait until that midget ass retires or takes another job and the Tuscaloosa Turds sink back to the sewer.

So you would rather a player who can not make it on the field, and who has sustained some type of injury, whether career ending or not just leave the team and not get a degree. I see now.

A kid grows up wanting to play at UT, and if nothing else wants in the end a degree from UT which is far more valuable in the real world than a degree from some small DII program. But your response is just release them so now they end that dream as well as playing football.

To me that is slime. At least by taking the medical hardship the kid gets that free education and the degree from the school he wanted it from. Do not understand fans such as yourself, but it is what it is.

And for the record Saban does not force any player to take a medical hardship and does not have that power. Those players can just ask for a release and transfer elsewhere if they want to play. The fact is they are either hurt that bad or Saban is finding a way to get them that degree from UA. A gray area for sure but not getting kicked to the curb in my opinion is a good thing.

So you would rather a player who can not make it on the field, and who has sustained some type of injury, whether career ending or not just leave the team and not get a degree. I see now.

A kid grows up wanting to play at UT, and if nothing else wants in the end a degree from UT which is far more valuable in the real world than a degree from some small DII program. But your response is just release them so now they end that dream as well as playing football.

To me that is slime. At least by taking the medical hardship the kid gets that free education and the degree from the school he wanted it from. Do not understand fans such as yourself, but it is what it is.

And for the record Saban does not force any player to take a medical hardship and does not have that power. Those players can just ask for a release and transfer elsewhere if they want to play. The fact is they are either hurt that bad or Saban is finding a way to get them that degree from UA. A gray area for sure but not getting kicked to the curb in my opinion is a good thing.
My goodness, you write up so much BS on here.

Medical scholly's exist for a reason. Saban uses them as a loophole. I don't really care about what Saban does but just tell it like it is.

Reactions: 5 people
My goodness, you write up so much BS on here.

Medical scholly's exist for a reason. Saban uses them as a loophole. I don't really care about what Saban does but just tell it like it is.

Did I need to explain any easier for you. That is what I said a gray area or loophole. It is legal and at least the player still gets that degree from UA and it does not count against the 85. Not sure the issue.

My issue was with the UT poster who would rather have the player kicked to the curb.

Did I need to explain any easier for you. That is what I said a gray area or loophole. It is legal and at least the player still gets that degree from UA and it does not count against the 85. Not sure the issue.

My issue was with the UT poster who would rather have the player kicked to the curb.
Yeah, this gray area exists all over the country.

Man no one gives a d*mn about what Saban or Richt do. If a kid wants to pick either program good luck to them. But they can strap up for what we're bringing. It's on to any rival fans out there!!!!!

Back to Racean Thomas please......

Reactions: 4 people
But, if the kid is doing great in the classroom but not as well on the football field he gets the boot and no education. Maybe they were bad evaluators. Not the kid fault if he is working his butt off in the classroom and on the field and is just not good enough. Problem with college sports is it really is not about working hard in the classroom and getting the education. It is about what you do on the field only and just do enough in class to get by. This is what most coaches care about.

Thats the thing with Medical Scholarship. It is looked at as a loophole abused by a coach but it is also an opportunity for kids who are performing in the classroom but not on the field to keep their scholarship. Thats the thing thats lost in the whole argument by many, you still stay on scholarship but you just want be part of the team.

I bet most fans didnt know that Vandy is in the top 5 in signed players the last 5 years and have to create magic to get to the 85 limit before the seaon

What a load of horsecrap.

Saban is raking in $4Mil + per year. He should be able to evaluate talent. Period. And the player, if he didn't want the MS, shouldn't be forced/pressured to take it. If a player doesn't work out, it should be on the coach, especially the ones that are highly compensated. Its one thing if a player is legitimately hurt, or the player himself doesn't feel he can contribute on the field. But the pressuring a kid to accept a medical redshirt to make roster room is pathetic.

What is going on here, and not just at Alabama, is these highly paid coaches that are treated like God's are using these loopholes to replace players that don't work out because they make mistakes in the evaluation. While Saban certainly isn't the only perpetrator, he is certainly one of the worst.

And the "everybody is doing it" response doesn't make it any less wrong.

What a load of horsecrap.

Saban is raking in $4Mil + per year. He should be able to evaluate talent. Period. And the player, if he didn't want the MS, shouldn't be forced/pressured to take it. If a player doesn't work out, it should be on the coach, especially the ones that are highly compensated. Its one thing if a player is legitimately hurt, or the player himself doesn't feel he can contribute on the field. But the pressuring a kid to accept a medical redshirt to make roster room is pathetic.

What is going on here, and not just at Alabama, is these highly paid coaches that are treated like God's are using these loopholes to replace players that don't work out because they make mistakes in the evaluation. While Saban certainly isn't the only perpetrator, he is certainly one of the worst.

And the "everybody is doing it" response doesn't make it any less wrong.

I never said these coaches didnt use it for their own benefit. I just added the fact that it does have some good sides to it like I explained. You do have the option to transfer as well. And like I said before you should earn what you get, the coaches shouldnt get punished because you dont pan out. I dont care how much these coaches make because its our (fans, boosters, etc) fault that they make so much in the first place. If we didnt put such a heavy price on winning they wouldnt be paying these coaches so much. Everything else in life is based off performance, if u dont pull your load you get replaced. Sports should be no exception.

Really doesnt matter now though because of the new rule put in place.You cant just medically RS someone without it being legit and apporoved.

I dont know who the "everybody is doing it' reference was to because I never said that.

Last edited:
This is from this past Saturday. It might directly affect Thomas and Bama going forward which of course will help other programs.

Scarbrough, who says he measured in at 6’1.5, 228 on the visit, adds that the Tide like his talents as a ball carrier.

“Coach Saban said they like me at running back. He said he thinks that could be the best spot for me.”

I never said these coaches didnt use it for their own benefit. I just added the fact that it does have some good sides to it like I explained. You do have the option to transfer as well. And like I said before you should earn what you get, the coaches shouldnt get punished because you dont pan out. I dont care how much these coaches make because its our (fans, boosters, etc) fault that they make so much in the first place. If we didnt put such a heavy price on winning they wouldnt be paying these coaches so much. Everything else in life is based off performance, if u dont pull your load you get replaced. Sports should be no exception.

Really doesnt matter now though because of the new rule put in place.You cant just medically RS someone without it being legit and apporoved.

I dont know who the "everybody is doing it' reference was to because I never said that.

Wrong. If the player doesn't pan out it should be on the coach for offering him in the first place. One side is 18 and doesn't know any better, the other is an adult making millions of dollars to make scholarship offer decisions.

Wrong. If the player doesn't pan out it should be on the coach for offering him in the first place. One side is 18 and doesn't know any better, the other is an adult making millions of dollars to make scholarship offer decisions.

18 year olds get fired everyday in the workforce for not pulling there weight. Why should an athlete get a pass? They are not an asset to the company just like that football player that is told to take a medical RS or go elsewhere is not an asset to the football team. Thats a fact of life, its not even an opinion. We just can agree to disagree.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back