'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

He looks great in high school. The awe factor is there. unfortunately what he does, does not translate. He skips through the hole, he doesn't explode through it. That's not effective in the SEC, and it's gonna get him hurt leaving his feet like that. He won't slip all those tackles against SEC competition, when they grab your legs like they, and you are his size, you go down. There is nothing about his size or highlight tape, that leads me to believe he can carry the load. His speed is good, but not as good as it would have to be to make up for the flaws in his running style and make him a 5 star back. He is a good player, probably should be a low 4 star. APB, not gonna be an every down back.

You're an idiot. Kid was 190lb when he was a freshman. He's 205 right now and I've watched him play a game not some highlight tape. He's a real SEC back but I don't know why I'm discussing this with someone like you. You don't know anything about players calling this kid an APB. Yeah he's an APB because he can do it all.

Reactions: 1 person
He looks great in high school. The awe factor is there. unfortunately what he does, does not translate. He skips through the hole, he doesn't explode through it. That's not effective in the SEC, and it's gonna get him hurt leaving his feet like that. He won't slip all those tackles against SEC competition, when they grab your legs like they, and you are his size, you go down. There is nothing about his size or highlight tape, that leads me to believe he can carry the load. His speed is good, but not as good as it would have to be to make up for the flaws in his running style and make him a 5 star back. He is a good player, probably should be a low 4 star. APB, not gonna be an every down back.
Damn, thank God people like you to evaluate talent. Nick Saban only offeres this kid and he nwver pulls quality running backs. I guess the other ton of coaches that wanted him as well have no idea what they are doing. Hell Butch offered, you should just take his job as well.

Damn, thank God people like you to evaluate talent. Nick Saban only offeres this kid and he nwver pulls quality running backs. I guess the other ton of coaches that wanted him as well have no idea what they are doing. Hell Butch offered, you should just take his job as well.

4 star running back doesn't mean he sucks. He's not a complete fraud like Nick Chubb, but he's no Sony Michel or Jalen Hurd.

You're an idiot. Kid was 190lb when he was a freshman. He's 205 right now and I've watched him play a game not some highlight tape. He's a real SEC back but I don't know why I'm discussing this with someone like you. You don't know anything about players calling this kid an APB. Yeah he's an APB because he can do it all.

Cool. He'll never run for 1000 yards in an season. I just remember introducing an unknown named Vonn Bell to the board and you swore he wasn't any good. Are you standing by that too?

4 star running back doesn't mean he sucks. He's not a complete fraud like Nick Chubb, but he's no Sony Michel or Jalen Hurd.

tCp90.gif

Cool. He'll never run for 1000 yards in an season. I just remember introducing an unknown named Vonn Bell to the board and you swore he wasn't any good. Are you standing by that too?

A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

I'm still hoping we can flip Racean before NSD. A tandem of him and Hurd would be epic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQCwK2_EYU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Kid has that patented Travis Henry stiff-arm, and you aren't going to tackle him one on one. Tough as nails.

Last edited:
Lol. WTF??? This guy is not Ontario McCaleb. Thomas has the perfect mix of elusiveness and violence in his game. He's a take for just about anybody. All day everyday. Imagine him with a year of SEC S&C under his belt. Hope we make a run at him.

His footwork is sick and he's strong as a bull. Another thing is he loves being in the spotlight on the field. He really enjoys playing the game at a high level.

Most people around here that have seen him play compare him to Cadillac Watching him live you see all the intangibles stuff he does. Elite prospect. Comparing him to McCalleb is a slap in the face. Kid brings a lot more to the table, just not sweeps a round the edge.

I saw him play a couple home games last year and he has excellent speed and good strength. He should do well in the SEC.

...Ole Mi$$ style, if you follow me. :)

Seriously, though...I would go after him, between now and NSD with relentless fury...to pay Auburn back. Getting tired of them snagging all our DL recruits, the past few years.

Racean and Hurd would be a sick tandem. Best in the SEC easily, IMHO.

Thomas is solid on Auburn. Darrel Williams and Brandon Powell are both out of the picture. Vols are trying to get a visit with Scarborough. Derrell Scott is the biggest name on the running back board. It will be a tight race between Tenn and USC. The wildcard is Dacorius Law.

Dacorius Law - Yahoo! Sports
Dacorius Law

...Ole Mi$$ style, if you follow me. :)

Seriously, though...I would go after him, between now and NSD with relentless fury...to pay Auburn back. Getting tired of them snagging all our DL recruits, the past few years.

Racean and Hurd would be a sick tandem. Best in the SEC easily, IMHO.

No shot

Thomas is solid on Auburn. Darrel Williams and Brandon Powell are both out of the picture. Vols are trying to get a visit with Scarborough. Derrell Scott is the biggest name on the running back board. It will be a tight race between Tenn and USC. The wildcard is Dacorius Law.

Dacorius Law - Yahoo! Sports
Dacorius Law

I thought Law had grade issues?

VN Store

Back