'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

If we make it to a bowl game I will be happy. This year, I just want to see improvement in every game and have NO QUIT in our team.

Reactions: 1 person
I fear Michgan's coaching stability will be the deciding factor. UT and AU, moreso Auburn, lost momentum wih the poor seasons and coaching changes.

Hope I am wrong.

I think coaching stability is a valid argument when you are talking about Dooley or chizik who were both on the hot seat. However, both auburn and Tennessee have brand new coaches. There is almost a zero percent chance either of these guys will be fired before three years are up. So as a recruit you can reasonably assume you'll have any least the same hc for probably 3 years. Michigan, however, could have another poor season or two after Hoke set those high expectations and could possibly be gone by his sophomore year. Or maybe they do really well and an NFL opening comes up. Just saying, I'm not so convinced "coaching stability" is a huge factor.

I think coaching stability is a valid argument when you are talking about Dooley or chizik who were both on the hot seat. However, both auburn and Tennessee have brand new coaches. There is almost a zero percent chance either of these guys will be fired before three years are up. So as a recruit you can reasonably assume you'll have any least the same hc for probably 3 years. Michigan, however, could have another poor season or two after Hoke set those high expectations and could possibly be gone by his sophomore year. Or maybe they do really well and an NFL opening comes up. Just saying, I'm not so convinced "coaching stability" is a huge factor.

Coaching stability plays a huge role in terms of the fact that he has been able to form a relationship with Hoke that he will not be able to form with Jones/Malzahn in their couple of months on the job.

Coaching stability plays a huge role in terms of the fact that he has been able to form a relationship with Hoke that he will not be able to form with Jones/Malzahn in their couple of months on the job.

True, but in our case we do have CJG. His relationship is the most important. All Jones needs to do is make him feel comfortable, not try and cram a years worth of relationship into a meeting or two

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you wondering what that tweet was supposed to look like:

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 55
To be completely honest--because I know this will sound homerific--I figured the reason he stuck Tennessee in the middle was because he was trying to make it seem like the one he wasn’t picking. But, again, that’s just me working with teenagers and knowing a thing or three about their psyche. Or I could be completely wrong.

To be completely honest--because I know this will sound homerific--I figured the reason he stuck Tennessee in the middle was because he was trying to make it seem like the one he wasn’t picking. But, again, that’s just me working with teenagers and knowing a thing or three about their psyche. Or I could be completely wrong.

Will boom real loud if you are right :fireworks:

VN Store

Back