'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Us Michiganders are wonderful, nice people :)

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

I agree. I lived in Royal Oak during WWII and my daughter's family is in Rockford. They took us to visit CBJ's hometown of Saugatuck.

My grandson was QB in Rockford but had to give up football for 2 years for a medical appliance. He went with baseball. His replacement as QB helped win the state championship.

My best friend lives in RO right now. I love the fact that this staff is Michigan-laden! I love it even more that our OC is Armenian as I am as well :)

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

So with us starting to really go after Barber and Ford over the last couple of weeks. Is this due to the fact that the staff isn't confident in Green coming? He stated after the Army game that he knew where he was going, but wasn't telling anyone. Did he call the staff anyways, or is it more of a fact that Watson has left, and Kamara isn't looking good?

Reactions: 1 person
So with us starting to really go after Barber and Ford over the last couple of weeks. Is this due to the fact that the staff isn't confident in Green coming? He stated after the Army game that he knew where he was going, but wasn't telling anyone. Did he call the staff anyways, or is it more of a fact that Watson has left, and Kamara isn't looking good?

They’ve been recruiting multiple running backs since they got here in December. Not a new development.

I think staff wants 3 Rbs

I think staff wants 3 Rbs

I could definately see this, but I would also not be surprised if the staff decided to get 2 RB and try to find a Percy Harvin like player to play multiple positions. CBJ and staff seem to really like recruiting athletes. I would not mind seeing Pig become more versatile if we can stock up on WR's....

More than likely the staff would ideally like to take two quality RB in this class... They don't have a sure thing with Green, so they are planning as if he will go to Michigan, so we aren't stuck with nothing, or a RB that is sub par.

Given our RB status:

Alden Hill RS FR
Tom Smith SO
Marlin Lane JR
Devrin Young JR
Rajon Neal SR

I'd anticipate 2-3 RB's this cycle. Two big (having both power & speed) 'backs and possibly an APB. IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree. I lived in Royal Oak during WWII and my daughter's family is in Rockford. They took us to visit CBJ's hometown of Saugatuck.

My grandson was QB in Rockford but had to give up football for 2 years for a medical appliance. He went with baseball. His replacement as QB helped win the state championship.

:huh::blink:

Summary at end of article on Green from Mich Rivals -

Boil it all down, and what do you have? Michigan looks like a heavy favorite from a logical standpoint. However, anybody who has been following recruiting for more than a couple days knows that logic is often not the best method of determining who will land where (or, for example, Braxton Miller might have signed with Michigan out of high school, since they were running an offense at the time that was a perfect fit for his skills - though you can't fault him given the way things turned out).

If Green lands at Michigan, his commitment will be yet another sign that Brady Hoke and his staff plan to burst back onto the national scene in a big way. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world - Warren (Ohio) Howland three-star Deveon Smith is very talented in his own right, and also a good fit for the offense - but adding top-end talent like Green helps both on the field and in terms of expectations.

Summary at end of article on Green from Mich Rivals -

Boil it all down, and what do you have? Michigan looks like a heavy favorite from a logical standpoint. However, anybody who has been following recruiting for more than a couple days knows that logic is often not the best method of determining who will land where (or, for example, Braxton Miller might have signed with Michigan out of high school, since they were running an offense at the time that was a perfect fit for his skills - though you can't fault him given the way things turned out).

If Green lands at Michigan, his commitment will be yet another sign that Brady Hoke and his staff plan to burst back onto the national scene in a big way. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world - Warren (Ohio) Howland three-star Deveon Smith is very talented in his own right, and also a good fit for the offense - but adding top-end talent like Green helps both on the field and in terms of expectations.

This is why we NEED Green on campus for another visit!! We are defintely trailing..

VN Store

Back