'13 TN WR Josh Smith (UT signee)

I wish people who quit freaking out as soon as CDD & staff take someone that we didn't know about. Now we are seeing that he has interest from other big schools. People are judging someone that they don't know anything about.

Reactions: 8 people
Have any of you seen this kid play? I have three times and he was the best player on the field. He runs very precise routes and has hands of glue. The kid can play football. He is 100 times better than butterfingers Rogers. He is a ballplayer.

Reactions: 6 people
Have any of you seen this kid play? I have three times and he was the best player on the field. He runs very precise routes and has hands of glue. The kid can play football. He is 100 times better than butterfingers Rogers. He is a ballplayer.

Butterfinger Rogers was pretty damn good in high school too chief.

Reactions: 1 person
Chill out....This is one of those 'core guys' that Dooley has talked about being the core of recruiting classes. 'Core guys' are those that are the heart of the recruiting class because they not only provide a solid nucleus but they grow up rooting for and bleeding orange. It has been said that Dooley and Company plan on attempting to take a local player each year. What better time to take a local kid than before incoming prospects start rolling in for the incoming camp season. It allows him to kill two birds with one stone...taking a local and having a core nucleus of prospects to, for lack of better words, be able to drive over and AMP up prospects on our tradition and what it means to be a Volunteer.

Think outside the box people. Use that lump 3 feet above your... Our fan base is getting less intelligent by the minute.

It all makes perfect sense now. For a second I thought he was just failing to recruit against our rivals.

Congratulations on joining the class Mr. Smith.

That makes a difference how?

Well sir, we need and plan on taking several offensive linemen. Kendrick has potential and was on the verge of being offered by several powerhouses including Alabama and LSU. Rather than let a homegrown talent, at a position of need, who does well at camp, who has the size needed, who would love to play for your university, get offered first by a rival you offer them.

The other local was offered by everyone. This, IMO, is the only reach.

It has been no secret that opposing coaching feel that they can dip in Tennessee and take the little talent, in recent years, that the state produces. The practice not only sets the precedence that the homestate looks at but signs local talent. It'll pay dividends immediately and down the road with the coaches in state.

Reactions: 5 people
just watched his highlights from his website... I encourage all of you that are confused or complaining about this offer to do the same.

This kid is very, very athletic.

Reactions: 15 people
This coaching staff has a good record of judging talent so far. So lets take a seat and see what happens

Which staff? This is a whole new staff. I don't mean to come off as a jerk but we have no idea if Dooley is a good judge of talent yet. This year will be a great indicator.

If any one wants to know why Tennessee cannot beat The Big Boys it is because UGA is accepting commitments from players like Uriah LeMay, while Tennessee is taking commitments from "Josh Smith" 's. No comparison in terms of the talent these kids bring to the table. It is a tad bit ridiculous.

Reactions: 4 people
Coaches know best. Their job depends on the players they bring in. If they feel a player can put on for the University, so do I.

Reactions: 7 people
If any one wants to know why Tennessee cannot beat The Big Boys it is because UGA is accepting commitments from players like Uriah LeMay, while Tennessee is taking commitments from "Josh Smith" 's. No comparison in terms of the talent these kids bring to the table. It is a tad bit ridiculous.

Interesting. Last year, while UT accepted commitments from Cordarrelle Patterson, Alton Howard, and Jason Croom, Georgia accepted a commitment from local WR Blake Tibbs.

Reactions: 18 people
Josh is the best player on that team. He's better than Kendrick and High.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So what? I don't understand offering any of the three. The best players in East TN do not deserve a UT offer just because they live nearby. We need to upgrade our talent level. I don't understand offering them period, but especially in June.

Smith, Kendrick and High are the types of guys we need to slow play IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Love all the experts on recruiting on here. Offer DY - whines. Offer Blanc and Bullock - cries of anguish. Offer Smith - surely not another unknown WR. There are only X number of spots available. VN freak out. Either you believe CDD knows how to recruit or he doesn't. Which is it?

Interesting. Last year, while UT accepted commitments from Cordarrelle Patterson, Alton Howard, and Jason Croom, Georgia accepted a commitment from local WR Blake Tibbs.

Riiight. This is the NEXT year. And UGA has 3 4* WRs committed. We're not talking about last year's class. Noone argues we grabbed some good WRs last year.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back