'13 TN WR Josh Smith (UT signee)

Athletically Smith is on a different level....

Those thinking Smith is a possession WR will be pleasantly shocked.... Must be the stereotype....

People do stereotype this kid. Last year in camp he consistently outran Jalen Ramsey in the 40 and folks thought Jalen was the greatest CB in the world. The only knock I ever heard a coach say about Smith was that he took plays off and they thought he was a little lazy. Of course CAK was killing people so taking a few plays off was somewhat understandable.

Come on guys at least say the kid has surprised you. Don't completely destroy him and then after you hear a few good things at camp say "I knew this kid was pretty athletic" lol

I didn't expect him to be pushing for PT this quick. But there was never a doubt in my mind this kid could play big time football.

People do stereotype this kid. Last year in camp he consistently outran Jalen Ramsey in the 40 and folks thought Jalen was the greatest CB in the world. The only knock I ever heard a coach say about Smith was that he took plays off and they thought he was a little lazy. Of course CAK was killing people so taking a few plays off was somewhat understandable.

Exactly how fast is he? I follow recruiting a bit, but not religiously. So, part of the fun is when Fall camp starts I'm not sure what to expect from some recruits who weren't super well-known.

Exactly how fast is he? I follow recruiting a bit, but not religiously. So, part of the fun is when Fall camp starts I'm not sure what to expect from some recruits who weren't super well-known.

At camp last year he ran in the low 4.4's. Ramsey was about .3 slower based on several runs.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't expect him to be pushing for PT this quick. But there was never a doubt in my mind this kid could play big time football.

I thought the post-Dooley firing offers from Chaney at Arky and Hinshaw at Cincinnati were good indications for Smith's perceived abilities.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back