'13 TN WR Josh Smith (UT signee)

Not sure why it should. 8 months from NSD, and we offer a guy we could have 8 days after if we wanted.

I'm with you. All these "diamond in the rough players" are getting harder and harder to take. At some point we are going to need some pedigree guys. Landing players that don't even have recruiting profiles are not exactly going to draw any big name recruits to us. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
From Josh's website:
2011 Stats:
96 Receptions
1911 Reception Yards
22 Touchdowns

Considering:
Oklahoma State, Clemson, Duke, Notre Dame, Furman, Liberty, Carson Newman, Princeton, Dartmouth, University of Tennessee, University of Kentucky, University of Georgia, Michigan and Syracuse

That may be the case but we now have three WR commits and Harris has us in top 2. With limited numbers we don't need to be taking 4 WRs.

Not sure we take both Comas and Smith. With this commit, Comas may have just lost his chance with his balking.

We have also offered CAK's punter as a complete package deal.

Highlights below...

funny-gifs-trying-to-be-athletic.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Glad we have the largest recruiting budget in the nation only to keep offering a bunch of duds from local high schools. I'm thinking the next step should be to raid the intramural fields and find us some solid walk-ons.

Reactions: 6 people
Let the mayhem begin, anyone see the kid play?

I've seen him play multiple times. As I said earlier, he's the best player on his team. No one could cover him. We couldn't, Alcoa couldn't, no one could. I'm not 100% on this but I think he was going to be offered by Okie State, they just wanted to see him at camp first.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 7 people
I've seen him play multiple times. As I said earlier, he's the best player on his team. No one could cover him. We couldn't, Alcoa couldn't, no one could. I'm not 100% on this but I think he was going to be offered by Okie State, they just wanted to see him at camp first.

Whose WE When you say WE couldn't stop him?

I'm gonna go the other route from most and give props to the coaches for taking the guys they want and not just star gazing. Takes balls with this fan base

Reactions: 11 people
"The Tennessee Vols have offered Christian Academy of Knoxville wide receiver Josh Smith, according to CAK head coach Rusty Bradley.

Bradley said the offer to play for the Vols came early Wednesday evening.

The coach said that Smith will talk to his parents tonight and will let Tennessee know of his intentions on Thursday, ie, accept the offer, decline, keep the Vols in the mix, etc."

Chill out....This is one of those 'core guys' that Dooley has talked about being the core of recruiting classes. 'Core guys' are those that are the heart of the recruiting class because they not only provide a solid nucleus but they grow up rooting for and bleeding orange. It has been said that Dooley and Company plan on attempting to take a local player each year. What better time to take a local kid than before incoming prospects start rolling in for the incoming camp season. It allows him to kill two birds with one stone...taking a local and having a core nucleus of prospects to, for lack of better words, be able to drive over and AMP up prospects on our tradition and what it means to be a Volunteer.

Think outside the box people. Use that lump 3 feet above your... Our fan base is getting less intelligent by the minute.

Reactions: 20 people
Also...

"Bradley said Smith is also receiving attention from Ohio State, Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State, and Oklahoma State."

This makes me think of the Maples player from Maryville a few years back. Are they similiar players / talent?

Chill out....This is one of those 'core guys' that Dooley has talked about being the core of recruiting classes. 'Core guys' are those that are the heart of the recruiting class because they not only provide a solid nucleus but they grow up rooting for and bleeding orange. It has been said that Dooley and Company plan on attempting to take a local player each year. What better time to take a local kid than before incoming prospects start rolling in for the incoming camp season. It allows him to kill two birds with one stone...taking a local and having a core nucleus of prospects to, for lack of better words, be able to drive over and AMP up prospects on our tradition and what it means to be a Volunteer.

Think outside the box people. Use that lump 3 feet above your... Our fan base is getting less intelligent by the minute.

He's the third local kid.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back