'13 TN RB Marquis Morton

Some awards he got this year are 2011 District MVP. SCHS MVP. SCHS offensive player of the year. 2011 All-Midstate team. 2011Lakeway Publishers Southern Middle Tenn All-Area Player of the year.

Reactions: 1 person
Play against this kid in the first round of the playoffs and he had like 30 yards or something haha there is no way in the world this kid plays D1 football. he is a nice highschool player but by no means SEC or really even D1.

Play against this kid in the first round of the playoffs and he had like 30 yards or something haha there is no way in the world this kid plays D1 football. he is a nice highschool player but by no means SEC or really even D1.

Actually he had 46.

Last RB I remember to come out of Shelbyville was Clemons McCroskey. Never played a down at UT I believe due to reconstructive knee surgery after he got there. With that being said, I hope SCHS starts to be known for football than just girls bball. Good luck to Marquis in the future. As for Ms Morton, get in touch with MZTERRY in the Jason Croom thread. She will be a wealth of knowledge in the recruiting department including getting your son recognized. Props to for getting on here and promoting your son. Like others have said, take everything with a grain of salt and you will definitely have to have thick skin. Some posters can get volatile in here.

GO VOLS!!!

Whoa vol1sg,Clemmons did play a few downs and did not blow a knee,He stayed in Majors doghouse because he was a little soft,he didnt like getting hit,If he would have had a mean streak he would have been really special,man that boy was fast and huge,I saw him right after he left school and he was enormous,not fat, but cut huge,What a waste!!Back to Marquis,I have talked to his uncle and Grandfather and they both have faith he can play D1 and if Tennessee offers he will probably commit right there,I hope he does wear the ORANGE,If he is anything like his family he is a great kid!!

Whoa vol1sg,Clemmons did play a few downs and did not blow a knee,He stayed in Majors doghouse because he was a little soft,he didnt like getting hit,If he would have had a mean streak he would have been really special,man that boy was fast and huge,I saw him right after he left school and he was enormous,not fat, but cut huge,What a waste!!Back to Marquis,I have talked to his uncle and Grandfather and they both have faith he can play D1 and if Tennessee offers he will probably commit right there,I hope he does wear the ORANGE,If he is anything like his family he is a great kid!!

Don't know the kid personally, but if he camps well I'm all for him getting an offer. It's always good to take a kid or two who really wants to play for the university because you know they will play their butts off everyday in practice just to get their opportunities. ex,) Nick Reveiz

Don't know the kid personally, but if he camps well I'm all for him getting an offer. It's always good to take a kid or two who really wants to play for the university because you know they will play their butts off everyday in practice just to get their opportunities. ex,) Nick Reveiz

Nick played his heart out and all but I don't want anymore Nick Reveiz type of players on the squad. The LBs we're after now are what we're supposed to have at UT.

U said that he was the 1 posting this about his ownself and its not him.It's his moma and daddy.And u said he needs to be in the weight room obviously u havent seen him lately.And what family member he likes Tennessee but anyway its all good..

Hey sista, be cautious about what you post on these boards. Your baby ain't a recruit yet and u don't want to be tagged as crazy parent. Coaches read these boards. TRUST ME

Reactions: 2 people

Im his dad and doing all i can to help him. One thing i know about him he will give everything he has in whatever he does. He is one of those kids that dont like to lose and will fight with everything he has to win.

Im his dad and doing all i can to help him. One thing i know about him he will give everything he has in whatever he does. He is one of those kids that dont like to lose and will fight with everything he has to win.

I don't know much about this young man but if he and his family are VOL fans I wish nothing but the best for him. I hope he gets those D1 schollies rolling in soon and I hope he gets one from UT. Good luck to you and your family!

It is tough to hear negative things about ourselves but when it is our children, it is even harder. One of the toughest things I have had to deal with. I have a daughter who a coach told me she could play at alot of AAA schools in TN but just not where we live because it is such a big thing here. She hung her sneakers up this year and still had a former college assistant ask her to come help with some middle school kids to teach them how to shoot. God has a plan for all of our lives if we will follow it. I just hope your son will get a chance to play where it will be best for him and where he will have a great experience. So, when you guys look back, you will know it was the right thing for him. If that is UT or GT, then great. If not, then that is okay too. Just go thru the process and enjoy it and know it will be all right.

Hey sista, be cautious about what you post on these boards. Your baby ain't a recruit yet and u don't want to be tagged as crazy parent. Coaches read these boards. TRUST ME

Coaches are watching us? I knew 'The Dooley' really was Dooley! Look at his join date and his earliest posts, it's him....

This thread gets early props for best 2013 prospect thread. Hope to see the Morton's continue to post. Pretty valuable for me as a fan to hear (read) first hand testimony of how the process goes.

VN Store

Back