'13 TN OL Austin Sanders (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry , now Rivals and Scout will star him up real purdy so we can actually celebrate as if we won something.

This has been a done deal for several weeks now. Austin was at camp at the beginning of July. He was offered and accepted then. It's been common knowledge around Cleveland that he was going to UT. He is really excited about playing for CHH and being apart of that O-Line. Can't blame him for that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
a little small for an o-lineman:

Austin Sanders - Yahoo! Sports

weirdlook.gif

Welcome aboard young man.

This is the kind of thing I was thinking when I said DJ while it would have been great to get him for depth...he was not a huge need for this class. CHH and the OLine recruiters have shown that if we need OL guys..they can bring them in. I get the feeling this will be the strongest position recruiting wise for the future as long as the staff stays together.

"I'm pretty excited about it," Sanders said. "I'm actually really excited about it. I'm ready to get it over with and Tennessee was always the school for me. My whole family has always been big Tennessee fans. I'm a UT fan myself and I just wanted to do this for my family and me."

Now this guy is a VFL!

Awesome way to kick off the '13 class. Going to be a good one.

I think you are correct on that. Our coaches are now getting their feet in the door and building those relationships that are crucial for establishing a good recruiting base. '13 should be a great recruiting class. I will be very disappointed if it's anything else.

so was he actually being recruited by us or did he just go ahead and let us know he commited to us if we will take him? hell we may not even want this kid.

so was he actually being recruited by us or did he just go ahead and let us know he commited to us if we will take him? hell we may not even want this kid.

He was being recruited. Had been talking to the coaches since last football season. Word from his HS coaches is he really throws the weight around in the weight room.

Not to be that guy, but he spells his first name Austin. Can someone edit that?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Shows the power of recruiting an in state kid. Many want to play for the home team.

Also, shows the advantage of a stable or perceived stable coaching staff. The staff can now concentrate on these kids 2 to 3 years out. A huge disadvantage for UT until now for the next 2 and future classes. I would expect a few more class of 13 commits in the coming months.

I believe Fulmer's success in recruiting great players early on was because of perceived stability and winning record. Even in the declining years he got NFL calibre players, but for whatever reason quit coaching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back