'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

For weeks, I have thought that we end up with Ramsey. Butch made a great impression on his advisor/trainer at the gathering of former players in Nashville. Might be wrong, but could be signing day surprise.

Nothing is 100%, but Ramsey coming to UT is 99% not going to happen. Too much venom has been spewed from both sides. I think his dislike of UT was more than Dooley and Co. I hope I'm wrong, but that's pretty much widely known.

For the love of god people....he isn't coming. He has never liked UT, never grew up a UT fan, has no ties to UT. he has repeatedly said so. Please let this thread die. I hope he has a good career wherever he goes, but please just let it go and quit even typing about him.

For the love of god people....he isn't coming. He has never liked UT, never grew up a UT fan, has no ties to UT. he has repeatedly said so. Please let this thread die. I hope he has a good career wherever he goes, but please just let it go and quit even typing about him.

I wanna know where he ends up going to college. Also if you don't wanna read his thread don't click on it.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 2 people

That's not entirely true.

He visited here something like nine times...there had to have been some real interest to make the drive all of those times.

Something happened along the way that turned him off.

Could have been the coaching staff, or it could have been the terrible seasons. Regardless, Ramsey was absolutely interested in UT at one point.

He visited here something like nine times...there had to have been some real interest to make the drive all of those times.

Could have been the coaching staff, or it could have been the terrible seasons. Regardless, Ramsey was absolutely interested in UT at one point.

Tee. Convinced him of that Cali lifestyle. He was living it himself. Now looks like distance is a huge factor. Plus Kiffin laid the biggest egg of all CFB

Tee. Convinced him of that Cali lifestyle. He was living it himself. Now looks like distance is a huge factor. Plus Kiffin laid the biggest egg of all CFB

Yeah, that sounds about right...it's a shame that we couldn't keep him interested, but with the way our defense played, and the timing of his recruitment getting really heated up, it's not super surprising how it all turned out.

Also, didn't his lead recruiter leave the school? That can be a huge deal for a lot of these kids.

Do you remember his comments about UT at his announcement ? When asked if UT was in the running he said something to the effect of..."Yeah, but they was way down the list like 4 or 5 or something."

That was not the case in the FL Game this year. We moved the ball via WRU, they just exposed our defense severely!

The second we abandoned the run and tried to win it with our QB and WRs was when the game got blown open.

And we lost, so yes it was the case in the FL game this year.

Sorry, not trying to be a douche.

Here's to hoping that we just haven't had the coaches to really take advantage of WR U, and that next year, we kick Florida's a$$! :hi:

They've been working on him for six weeks. Top prospect in the state is up for grabs you'd think a decent recruiting staff would get it done.

Don't know if you get him, USC gets him, UF gets him, or who gets him, but I do know you guys are not being fair to your new coaches. Recruiting depends of relationships built over time. Meyer had a mediocre first class at UF; CWM's first class was putrid. Almost no one has a good first class IF they are hired at the end of the season. Give CBJ and staff a chance. I think you guys got lucky. don't mess it up just because you've had a couple of average coaches.

Reactions: 8 people
Don't know if you get him, USC gets him, UF gets him, or who gets him, but I do know you guys are not being fair to your new coaches. Recruiting depends of relationships built over time. Meyer had a mediocre first class at UF; CWM's first class was putrid. Almost no one has a good first class IF they are hired at the end of the season. Give CBJ and staff a chance. I think you guys got lucky. don't mess it up just because you've had a couple of average coaches.

Don't "you guys" this. This is just him. I think I see most as thrilled with what the new staff is doing.

Reactions: 6 people

Not every Vol fan is a dumb hick. I agree with you 100%. He deserves a chance to show us what he can do. And I believe that butch will pull us out of this hellhole we've slipped into. Thank you though for a wise judgement

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed. I love the types of kids Jones seems to be in on. JR fits the 'me first' kiffin type that doesn't work unless you already have a strong core of upper classmen to shape them up right away

Dooley was average? haha

VN Store

Back