'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

None of that means anything to Ramsey, Ramsey never had interest in UT. No reflection at all on CBJ.

My point was he just never wanted to come to Tennessee.

I gotcha, I was refering mostly to the idea that he may think he is to good for TN. Not that I know he thinks that or that you said that, but after following his recruitment I get the impression that he does feel like he is to good for TN and that does irk me.

I know when CBJ got the job JRM was trying to get JR to look our way, but I really think there is no interest at all, no matter what CBJ brings to the table.

JR is a free agent. Top dog in the state should be able to sell early playing time at the flagship state U under a new staff that (you say) is something great, maybe even get him working on Green. If we don't get JR it's a reflection of how the elite prospects perceive the staff.

He's talked about how he's hated Tennessee for month after month after month. He has absolutely no desire to be a part of our team, and honestly I don't want him here at this point. He would be a drag to the team with that kind of attitude. While he is going to be a phenomenal player, he is just an immature kid at the moment. Which is not something we do not need. I believe that landing Vonn Bell, Carl Lawson, MarQuez North, E.J. Levenberry and mandy other prospects that all seem to want to be part of UT at least a little seems to be the way that tennessee needs to go

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah except Ramsey is a freak and probably will be one of the best corners in the country.

I'm going to hate it if he goes to Florida. We're WR U, but Florida is DB U. And DB U has been dominating WR U lately...

That was not the case in the FL Game this year. We moved the ball via WRU, they just exposed our defense severely!

JR is a free agent. Top dog in the state should be able to sell early playing time at the flagship state U under a new staff that (you say) is something great, maybe even get him working on Green. If we don't get JR it's a reflection of how the elite prospects perceive the staff.

Explain how we are in with other elite recruits if this theory holds water?

Also judging coaches who have been on the job a little under 2 months on a recruit who has never liked our school is pretty ridiculous, don't you think?

We will not get every player that we would like to get. Tennessee will be fine. Focus on who we are, not who we are not!

Let me say this nicely. He Doesn't want to be here. We do not have a chance. Wish the kid well unless he goes to UF or anywhere he will play UT.

They've been working on him for six weeks. Top prospect in the state is up for grabs you'd think a decent recruiting staff would get it done.

Wow six whole weeks huh?Tonight, when I'm thanking the Lord for what he's blessed me with I'm going to add brains to that prayer because I could be like some of the people on this sight.

Reactions: 1 person
They've been working on him for six weeks. Top prospect in the state is up for grabs you'd think a decent recruiting staff would get it done.

It doesn't matter if that recruit hates the fan base. People gave him crap for months on twitter and he gave it right back to them. Now you think he's going to do a 180 and come to UT after a few weeks? You can't even fault the coaches for this one.

For weeks, I have thought that we end up with Ramsey. Butch made a great impression on his advisor/trainer at the gathering of former players in Nashville. Might be wrong, but could be signing day surprise.

For weeks, I have thought that we end up with Ramsey. Butch made a great impression on his advisor/trainer at the gathering of former players in Nashville. Might be wrong, but could be signing day surprise.

I'm not going to even think about getting my hopes up, and I will be absolutely blown away if something like that happens on NSD.

It would also be a HUGE "F You Dooley!"

VN Store

Back