'13 SC RB Jabo Lee (UT signee)

Dillon, South Carolina running back Jabo Lee is drawing plenty of early attention as a member of the class of 2013. Two schools courting Lee the most at this point are Virginia Tech and Tennessee. Lee knows not only a good bit about the Vols, but also knows running back's coach Jay Graham. For more on Lee get inside Volquest.com

This kid is fast!

"Everywhere I went people were talking to me," Lee said. "The fans told me how good of a place Tennessee is and how much fun you can have at Tennessee. I'm not much of a people person, but I think that was pretty cool. That shows how passionate they are about their team. I think it's just a cool place."
"You are going to see a lot of speed and a lot of strength for my size," Lee said. "I want to play running back and Tennessee is recruiting me to play there. Other schools are telling me safety or wide receiver. I think running back is cool because I love contact and I like to use my moves on people."
-Rivals.

Lee rushed for 1,642 yards and 26 TDs on just 151 carries last year (10.9 YPC). He also returned two punts for TDs. As a sophomore he ran for 1,540 yards and 20 TDs (8.4 YPC). Also in 2010, before opponents stopped kicking to him, Lee returned 3 of the 5 kickoffs he fielded for TDs. He rushed for 973 yards and 9 TDs as a freshman.

Ate at Zaxby's in Dillon tonight. Didn't hear anything about Lee. Just sayin'
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"If I would choose now it would be down to Tennessee and Virginia Tech among all my other options," Dillon, S.C. running back Jabo Lee said. "I'm going t wait a bit. I want to attend both of their spring games. Virginia Tech is on April 21st. They want me to come up and then I think Tennessee is a week before that."

Lee noted why the Volunteers and Hokies are at the top of his list.

"Those two schools provide the toughest competition and they are the toughest teams," he said. "I watch them play the whole season and they are always good teams. I'm not looking for anything easy; I want to work wherever I go.

"With Tennessee, it's a nice place. I actually got to meet some of the players. I saw Eric Berry and it was an honor to go see those guys, meet those guys. They have a lot of tradition and I've watched Tennessee a lot. It's really fun to see the players make it into the league."

What about the Hokies?

"Virginia Tech always has a good season," he said. "They are a good young team and I want to be part of a winning team. They know what they are doing over there cause it's a good school and my cousin went there, Rashad Carmicahel. I wouldn't mind following him."
- Rivals

938648.jpg

Jabo Lee
Ht: 5-9
Wt: 175
40: 4.34
Position: RB
Year: Class of 2013
High School: Dillon HS
Dillon, SC

Vols offered today.
Va Tech, ECU have previously offered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-BpMwEBFw[/youtube]
Would love to see some combine numbers.

With the other runningbacks that we are in on, I don't see anyway that his offer is committable at this point

If so, probably means he wanted to commit somewhere and UT/VT slow played him. Or he has grade concerns.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks. Both of you. That does make a lot more sense. Just seemed odd at first.:hi:

Interesting. 5.7 3 Star. 4.4 speed. This kinda popped out of nowhere.

Looks like the staff WILL get at least one RB. I kinda thought if we missed on Ford, we were done, but stuff like this makes me think that we are definitely going to take one back.

i just watched some of his junior highlights and i like this kid. only prob i see is that he runs backwards quite a bit but looks like he can develop into a great sec back

Legit 4.4 speed...this close to being a 4-star...add 15 pounds of muscle and get coached up and we may have ourselves a diamond in the rough

VN Store

Back