'13 PA WR Tyler Boyd

You can't be serious. How can you not see tge difference between somebody that had just gotten to campus a couple of months before the season to somebody that has had an entire year with the playbook, in a college S&C program, and a spring with the 1s. There is a huge difference between a redshirt and true freshman.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

People were talking about freshman. Meaning you are playing in your first season of games.

Obviously a year on campus is going to help. You're missing the point and trying to make a horrible one:

"People crack me up expecting freshman to have an immediate impact in the SEC."

Whether or not you like my example, or the other examples presented - you're wrong.

so we have Harris, Jenkins and Smith and are looking good for North. Then we are trying to steal Boyd and Gibson? I hope Peterman gets that arm loose...

Man I can't win this morning. Im gonna go take a walk with wild turkey and Ill be back in the zone.

No man, if freshmen don't grab snaps from 2-3 nfl WRs they must be overhyped.

No way zach Rogers doesn't get drafted. According to the coaches grades he was the best consistently all year long. The kid can ball.

And I don't have a link on that just repeating what was said on TSR. TIFWIW

Reactions: 1 person
People were talking about freshman. Meaning you are playing in your first season of games.

Obviously a year on campus is going to help. You're missing the point and trying to make a horrible one:

"People crack me up expecting freshman to have an immediate impact in the SEC."

Whether or not you like my example, or the other examples presented - you're wrong.

Here is the key word in this. EXPECTING. Can you hope for it? Yes, and it does happen. But it isn't the norm.

Besides Cooper, what other freshmen WRs were impact players in the SEC? Green-Beckham was the supposed number 1 WR in the country and he wasn't an impact player.

The point is that it can happen, but way more often than not, it doesn't happen.

From MFarrell at Rivals -

Four-star wide receiver Tyler Boyd from Clairton, Pa., committed to Pittsburgh at the Army All-American game and had hats from Michigan State and West Virginia on the table. However, Boyd spoke quite a bit about Tennessee all during the week and it was clear he was going to take a trip to Knoxville. The Jan. 25 visit to Tennessee was scheduled after three members of the Vols coaching staff, including Butch Jones, stopped by to check on Boyd on Tuesday.

Zach is not physcial enough to make it in the NFL. He has hard enough time standing on his two feet in college after catching a pass. It does not get easier at the next level.

I agree with Ron, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was drafted in the last few rounds. Even if he doesn't, some team will pick him up most likely anyways.

Here is the key word in this. EXPECTING. Can you hope for it? Yes, and it does happen. But it isn't the norm.

Besides Cooper, what other freshmen WRs were impact players in the SEC? Green-Beckham was the supposed number 1 WR in the country and he wasn't an impact player.

The point is that it can happen, but way more often than not, it doesn't happen.

Probably 250+ true freshman join SEC football teams every fall. Maybe 10-15 make a real impact and that's because of opportunity. We expect way too much of freshmen on here.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Zach will get drafted in one of the later rounds. He will run very well at his pro day. Don't forget he was a track star (sprinter) in high school. The guy definitely has wheels. His playing style and career actually kind of remind me of Denarious Moore. They both came on later in their careers and has very good senior seasons. They are both fast guys whos best assets were their ability to stretch the field.

ZachRo's skills are extremely polished. He made CP&JHunt look sloppy and they are likely to be 1st rounders. He was extremely consistent. Anything can happen in the draft, it wouldn't be a shocker.

VN Store

Back