'13 PA WR Tyler Boyd

Vincent Dallas was a highly touted freshman at one time too, you know.

We don't need every player to be a star the second they step on campus. It's nice and all, but development is good when you're behind players who know the playbook and have experience in the system and on the field.

This.

Dallas will break out this season. People forget he was offered at UF, AU, Oklahoma, etc. Quality player that should do well this season. Add in Pig, Bowles, Croom, Carter, etc. and more use of the RBs and TE in the passing game with the Jones' offense. They will be fine.

People crack me up expecting freshman to have an immediate impact in the SEC.

manziel-cutout.png

Reactions: 1 person
Gurley-MarshallSaye.jpg

6_664626.jpg

128790021_crop_exact.jpg

Shall I continue?

It isn't the norm but there have been plenty of impactful freshmen at skill positions in the SEC in recent years.

Yes, please continue.

And I said "expect." I never said there wasn't a chance for an immediate impact. Reading comprehension.

I almost went this route. Should have known people would make a big deal about being a redshirt or not.

Guess what, the first time you step onto an SEC field and contribute, or dominate in these cases, is a big deal - it doesn't really matter whether you're 18 or 19.

Gurley-MarshallSaye.jpg

6_664626.jpg

128790021_crop_exact.jpg

Shall I continue?

It isn't the norm but there have been plenty of impactful freshmen at skill positions in the SEC in recent years.

I almost went this route. Should have known people would make a big deal about being a redshirt or not.

Guess what, the first time you step onto an SEC field and contribute, or dominate in these cases, is a big deal - it doesn't really matter whether you're 18 or 19.

If a kid is highly recruited and touted out of high school then I believe even the coaches expect him to make an impact

You can't be serious. How can you not see tge difference between somebody that had just gotten to campus a couple of months before the season to somebody that has had an entire year with the playbook, in a college S&C program, and a spring with the 1s. There is a huge difference between a redshirt and true freshman.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
You can't be serious. How can you not see tge difference between somebody that had just gotten to campus a couple of months before the season to somebody that has had an entire year with the playbook, in a college S&C program, and a spring with the 1s. There is a huge difference between a redshirt and true freshman.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dude don't waste your time arguing. If they show you one or two freshman they think they made their point as if its the norm. There is a big difference and you showed that. This is the same group of yahoos that thinks BJ should have a class full of five stars or he can't recruit.

Reactions: 2 people
AggieNation circa Jan. 2012:

"That Johnny Manziel was a bust. We never should have taken such a short quarterback. If he couldn't start as a true freshman over a top 10 draft pick, we don't even need him on the team. The SEC is going to kill us next year. Cut him now."

Dumbasses gonna dumbass.

4 Stud WR's counting Jenkins and Harris. Even Smith looks like he will be a good player as well. This WR class could be one of our best ever, from a potential standpoint.

Would be mighty enticing for an elite QB to look our way next year with these weapons

VN Store

Back