'13 PA WR Tyler Boyd

On an interesting note, Panther 247 just posted an update that says Boyd's HS coach is getting "frustrated" with this recruiting situation. He is going to sit Tyler down and talk with him tomorrow afternoon before he signs.

Wonder what's in this for the coach?

On an interesting note, Panther 247 just posted an update that says Boyd's HS coach is getting "frustrated" with this recruiting situation. He is going to sit Tyler down and talk with him tomorrow afternoon before he signs.

This is none of the coach's business whatsoever.

Obviously something... he needs to let the kid make his own decision

Recruiting writer at Rocky Top Talk just posted this (he usually has a good feel for the pulse of recruiting):

I just heard from a source that all Tennessee fans should give their love to Tyler Boyd on twitter and let him know how much we want him at UT. I never have tweeted a recruit before, but if it will help, I’m all about it.

His handle is: @boutdat_23

Just tell him how much you want him to come to UT if you elect to do this.

Recruiting writer at Rocky Top Talk just posted this (he usually has a good feel for the pulse of recruiting):

I just heard from a source that all Tennessee fans should give their love to Tyler Boyd on twitter and let him know how much we want him at UT. I never have tweeted a recruit before, but if it will help, I’m all about it.

don't talk to the recruits

sounds like Pitt has a pipeline to his HS. and sounds like his coach is pissed because hes going to UT instead of a place where his HS coach has a connection with a college coach

If the coach doesn't say, "do what you feel is in the best interest of your future" he needs to peace out.

Reactions: 1 person

his source is the harris tweet

Coach is upset with how this has gone. His involvment has been limited

Last edited:
The feel of the update was definitely Boyd to the Vols, causing the coach to get frustrated. But that's really just how I took it, so TIFWIW.

Coach is upset wirh how this has gone. His involment has been limited

I have never understood why a HS coach is so involved in where a kid signs. To me it should be a recruiting violation if a coach is a well known fan of school "X" and pushes players that direction. I still speak to my HS coach from time to time even 25 years later but in no was he a major influence in where I went to school

I get tired of all you lame a**es saying "don't talk to the recruits". These HS kids love the attention and they want to feel wanted and needed. Fan bases showing them love on twitter shows them how much they are wanted and it shows amazing fan support. Quit being lame about it. It means a lot to the kids and might even help sway them. If you don't want to tweet a recruit then fine. Don't. But don't bring that lame nonsense onto everyone else

Reactions: 6 people
I get tired of all you lame a**es saying "don't talk to the recruits". These HS kids love the attention and they want to feel wanted and needed. Fan bases showing them love on twitter shows them how much they are wanted and it shows amazing fan support. Quit being lame about it. It means a lot to the kids and might even help sway them. If you don't want to tweet a recruit then fine. Don't. But don't bring that lame nonsense onto everyone else

this^ theres a fine line between tweeting something like "hey man volnation really wants to see you in orange" once and stalking them and throwing an internet hissy fit at them when they go somewhere else

I don't think most people have a problem with just throwing them a quick message about hoping they put on the orange. I agree with you, there's no harm in that.

Rather, it's the times when fans take it to the point of obsession, like Sab. Or when fans say blatantly stupid things, like the one who told Ford something to the effect of "I'd love to have you if Green says no." Or when fans get angry at the kid's choice and fill his Twitter with pages of hate, like UNC fans are doing with North.

I don't mind Twitter, but there's a boundary for everything, and many fans cross it.

Reactions: 1 person
this^ theres a fine line between tweeting something like "hey man volnation really wants to see you in orange" once and stalking them and throwing an internet hissy fit at them when they go somewhere else

Oh I completely agree. I'm not saying bash the kid if he chooses elsewhere but showing him how much the fans want him, well that's big. I don't approve of anyone bashing the kids' decisions

I didn't say recruiting expert

I know you didnt I was adding to what was said.

it is a common theme this entire week.
all these "experts" giving Guesses on where kids go...

they are reporters and thats a loose interpretation of the word. at best they are interviewers. that is all. If a kid doesnt give them access, they are just like us fans, on the outside looking in and doing guess work.

VN Store

Back