'13 OH OL Dylan Wiesman (UT signee)

This photo was from November. Kid has grown up a lot since the first photo.

1118483.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Those wanting this kid, and I have no problem with it, should not be opposed to the Brett Kendrick commitment. They are both solid future OG's.

Guy looks stout. Take.

Finally got a chance to watch his video. He moves very well for his size and plays mean. Probably an ideal OL for CBJ's system. I could actually seem him getting a shot at tackle as well. This would be a great pick up.

Just for reference, this is a guy who projects most likely as an inside guy at the next level, like Koehler. Sanders, Kendrick, and Skipper are all going to be tackles. Morris is getting too big (tall) to move inside. The current UT roster really only has 3 tackles and plenty of inside guys, though none of them any less experienced than redshirt sophomore.

Take him.

I would love to be in a position to have a 2 deep across the whole OL ready to play. I can't help but think how great it would be late in the 3rd Qtr to be able to sub in an entire fresh OL and mash some people when that defense is sucking wind.

My “sources”.

And by sources I mean one of the message boards I keep up with. They tend to blend together sometimes, especially when they are telling two sides of the same story. It was so long ago that Wiesman hadn’t committed to Cincy yet.

And this kid can move, it’s just that...I mean...Sanders is 6'7", Skipper is 6'10", and Kendrick is about the only real conversion candidate at 6'5". Kerbyson is a guard at 6'5" and only playing tackle out of necessity. That’s why they’re offering 20-zillion tackles this year.

6'4" is about the shortest you want your tackles. That’s more of a rule of thumb than anything else, because a player can play. And you don’t want your guards to be over 6'5" because they have to get lower than defensive tackles to be able to move them.

Generalization Alert! Tackles are better pass blockers and taller with longer arms and better speed. Guards/Centers are better run blockers who are stronger and shorter. Few humans on this planet are capable of playing tackle. Very few humans are capable of playing left tackle. Very, very few humans are capable of playing left tackle very well.

Reactions: 1 person
My “sources”.

And by sources I mean one of the message boards I keep up with. They tend to blend together sometimes, especially when they are telling two sides of the same story. It was so long ago that Wiesman hadn’t committed to Cincy yet.

And this kid can move, it’s just that...I mean...Sanders is 6'7", Skipper is 6'10", and Kendrick is about the only real conversion candidate at 6'5". Kerbyson is a guard at 6'5" and only playing tackle out of necessity. That’s why they’re offering 20-zillion tackles this year.

6'4" is about the shortest you want your tackles. That’s more of a rule of thumb than anything else, because a player can play. And you don’t want your guards to be over 6'5" because they have to get lower than defensive tackles to be able to move them.

Generalization Alert! Tackles are better pass blockers and taller with longer arms and better speed. Guards/Centers are better run blockers who are stronger and shorter. Few humans on this planet are capable of playing tackle. Very few humans are capable of playing left tackle. Very, very few humans are capable of playing left tackle very well.

I remember when Posey was being recruited he was 6'4" to 6'8" depending on the week and whether he got his hair cut

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back