'13 OH OL Dylan Wiesman (UT signee)

But we do help pay for Jones and if he is not attracting SEC talent, cutting lose top level talent, and is not winning, we will pay for another buyout and a new coach.

Reactions: 2 people
But we do help pay for Jones and if he is not attracting SEC talent, cutting lose top level talent, and is not winning, we will pay for another buyout and a new coach.

He's had the job for a week. Probably should give him at least a few more days until we make up our minds on him.

Reactions: 1 person
Wiesman and Koehler camped this summer, and the previous staff preferred Wiesman.

Don't know If I would put a lot of stock in the previous staffs evaluations. The Koehler's of the world are for the teams trying to compete for championships. The Wiseman's of the world are for teams who can't get the Koehler's of the world. Swing & a miss IMO on Koehler. Wonder if CBJ really knows what he is in for in this conference?

Reactions: 4 people
He's had the job for a week. Probably should give him at least a few more days until we make up our minds on him.
As we have learned, coaches are nothing but hired guns. Produce now or your gone in three years. You can't sleep on the job and not get top talent right off the bat.

Don't know If I would put a lot of stock in the previous staffs evaluations. The Koehler's of the world are for the teams trying to compete for championships. The Wiseman's of the world are for teams who can't get the Koehler's of the world. Swing & a miss IMO on Koehler. Wonder if CBJ really knows what he is in for in this conference?
The same guy that everyone on here wishes we could have kept, Pittman, is the one that offered him and ranked him over Koehler. I agree that not staying on Koehler is a mistake, but I definitely put a lot of stock into Pittman's evaluations. Wiesman looks like a boss and IMO is incredibly under-rated. I would be ecstatic with his commitment.

The same guy that everyone on here wishes we could have kept, Pittman, is the one that offered him and ranked him over Koehler. I agree that not staying on Koehler is a mistake, but I definitely put a lot of stock into Pittman's evaluations. Wiesman looks like a boss and IMO is incredibly under-rated. I would be ecstatic with his commitment.

Do we know this really happened?

Since Hubbs reported that the staff DID NOT pull Koehler's offer, then I assume that everyone *****ing, moaning and whining will now be jumping for joy. Or, will they just start looking for something else to nitpick because they are butt hurt that their choice for the HC didn't get hired?

I think we land this kid and Branisel. Both extremely good pick ups IMO.

VN Store

Back