'13 LA RB Kaleb Blanchard

Blanchard decommitted from Ark due to the coaching change. Bielema likes him but is cautious. Has a committable offer from and, I believe, will sign w/ Tennessee.

He's got good size, strength, speed, and vision. Had a sensational Soph yr and was considered one of the best RB's in LA, then an injury (due to his hard-nosed style of play) kept him from his entire JR yr.
He runs north-south---loves taking it up the middle. Along w/ Green, this kid is a take...period. IMO.

SN: Earlier this month he was voted the Offensive MVP for the National squad at the 7th Ann. O-D AA Bowl in Houston.

All the Arky media were reporting that BB cut him loose. The whole state was in an uproar over losing one of their few 4*.

Not according to Rivals and 247, which have proven their worth over scout for years. Scout's information and rankings are about as reliable as asking a toddler how he feels about recruiting.

Kaleb Blanchard - Yahoo! Sports

Kaleb Blanchard

You may be right. I know the offer Scout shows did not show up until after CBJ and staff were hired. I have no idea if we have a shot or not. it may not matter if he even has an offer.

You may be right. I know the offer Scout shows did not show up until after CBJ and staff were hired. I have no idea if we have a shot or not. it may not matter if he even has an offer.

We offered awhile ago, hence why this thread has posts in it.

You always take recruits like him if you can get them. Always. If he turns out to be an RB - great. If not and he realizes the only way he can get on the field is to be a LB or H-back - great as well. He is a hardnosed, tough guy with speed.

575955.JPG

Is that Tito Ortiz??

Reactions: 2 people
He wants to visit Tennessee before months end if possible.

I hope he does. He is the kid I would like to see us get IF Green does not choose UT. Even if we get Green, I would love to land both as the speed and power would be a welcome thing at the RB position. My RB list would be:

D. Green
K. Green
K. Blanchard
J. Ford
P. Barber
A. Turner

All the Arky media were reporting that BB cut him loose. The whole state was in an uproar over losing one of their few 4*.

jave, I understand that you live in Ark, Rant and Hogville reported this. BB had some concern and KB wasn't sure about the BB and the new staff so he decided to open things up again.

Tigalaya (LSU Sports forum) reported no interest late Dec-early Jan due to their (then) RB situation but recent events may have changed their position. An LSU offer would be our only true threat. IMO.

I hope he does. He is the kid I would like to see us get IF Green does not choose UT. Even if we get Green, I would love to land both as the speed and power would be a welcome thing at the RB position. My RB list would be:

D. Green
K. Green
K. Blanchard
J. Ford
P. Barber
A. Turner

Nice list. Personally, if Green, Blanchard, and Ford want to commit we accept.

Reactions: 3 people
jave, I understand that you live in Ark, Rant and Hogville reported this. BB had some concern and KB wasn't sure about the BB and the new staff so he decided to open things up again.

Tigalaya (LSU Sports forum) reported no interest late Dec-early Jan due to their (then) RB situation but recent events may have changed their position. An LSU offer would be our only true threat. IMO.

Could be. The Hog version of Hubbs was on the radio saying Blanchard was pretty upset that he was cut loose, and I heard the same thing in LITTLE Rock radio and Jonesboro. Maybe Arky media isn't too terribly adept though, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

D. Green
K. Green
K. Blanchard
J. Ford
P. Barber
A. Turner

The same K. Green that is slow and going to Purdue?
Ford should be higher

The same K. Green that is slow and going to Purdue?
Ford should be higher

I have been a fan of taking K. Green for quite some time. I like his running style and would trade his power for being a step slower. When you have to put LBs in the game to gain a yard on offense, it speaks to this. Not saying Ford would be a bad take as I think he is a very good back. I just see Ford as very similar to Neal and Lane. JMO

Good Vision, Balance, Nice size and speed at 4.45. Their is no hesitation and dancing behind the line. He hits the hole at a dead sprint. I really like this back.

"He's not at the top of Tennessee's board at this point. Things could change, but right now he's down the list or so it appears like he is with many other schools."

- Hubbs

He was cut loose in a roundabout way. He was basically pushed out and it allowed him to decommit rather have his scholarship pulled.

Here is an excerpt from a conversation with his mom that our 247 guy, Robert Turberville had:

Got some info from Kaleb's mother, Ivy, about what happened. She said Coach Bielema called Kaleb's high school coach, Dru Nettles, today. Bielema said he was recruiting other backs and wasn't sure where Kaleb would fit in at Arkansas if the Hogs signed other RBs. Rather than wait around to see if he would fit into Arkansas' plans, Kaleb chose to decommit and look at his other options. Kaleb didn't want to be a backup plan. He wants to be someone's first choice.

Also here is a brief comment attributed to his HS coach:

5:03 update
Denham Springs Coach Dru Nettles said he talked to Arkansas Coach Bret Bielema today and was told the Hogs wanted to pursue some running backs they've been recruiting and some they plan to go after and wanted to open up the scholarship.

Last edited:
One of the tougher things to see is a solid prospect slip through the cracks, and that is what is happening with Denham Springs (La.) four-star running back Kaleb Blanchard.

Blanchard committed to Arkansas early in 2012 and never had a second thought through all the turmoil going on in Fayetteville. After Arkansas named Bret Bielema head coach, the Razorbacks let Blanchard know they wanted to move in another direction, so he had to open his recruitment.

There was talk of Tennessee, Vanderbilt and TCU, but since the end of bowl season Blanchard has seen things grow quiet. He has a visit scheduled to Louisiana Tech for Jan. 25, but other than that he is still looking.

Blanchard knows it is all part of the business, but it's hard to imagine that no team can find room for a humble, loyal prospect who is also a standout running back.
-Rivals.com

VN Store

Back