'13 JUCO DT Toby Johnson

You mind linking that for me? It's not that I don't believe, it's just really hard to believe. I remember seeing photos of Dunaway. He looked like a beast, but by all accounts, he wasn't any good. Ultimately, I couldn't care less if he's athletic if he can't play.

Pg 8 in his thread... On iPad will link later...

I remember Dunaways initial recruitment....incredibly athletic but very raw as a LB and his grades were crap...

I agree that if he hasn't improved as a LB while in JUCO then we pass...but I did see that he was the 3rd leading tackler on his team with 86 tackles and I think he also had several TFLs and a couple of sacks to...

I'm not going to fret over this one...if Sal thinks he's a take then that's plenty enough for me...IMO we need a JUCO LB this year and it would be very convenient if Dunaway is that guy

At one time it was discussed that Johnson was a long shot to be eligible to be a member of the 12 class. Obviously taking that chance wasn't an option unless there were spots left after signing day.

Is it possible this guy is a late sign of the 12 class?

Would seem to me nothing would be lost even if he only has a 1/100 shot at qualifying this year and it might even help us in recruiting him for the 13 class if he doesn't make it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
How good you think this kid is, oci?

I like it. Thank ya. Would be a great, great juco addition.

I like it. Thank ya. Would be a great, great juco addition.

I previously stated this in another thread, but we'll likely take at least 1 JUCO DL in every class under Dooley. It's an easy way to add immediate impact depth.

Reactions: 3 people
I previously stated this in another thread, but we'll likely take at least 1 JUCO DL in every class under Dooley. It's an easy way to add immediate impact depth.

Bama recruits JUCO DL every class as well. The process works and gets pretty good results.

Bama recruits JUCO DL every class as well. The process works and gets pretty good results.

It's worked pretty well for us too.

2010 - DT John Brown (failed to qualify)
2011 - DT Maurice Couch
2012 - DT Daniel McCullers
2012 - DE Darrington Sentimore

2011 - DT Maurice Couch

I agree. If you can get the right prospect, or a top 10-15 JUCO DL, more likely than not, they will get you production.

One of Dooley's best moves yet was getting the three Juco guys with 3 years of eligibility left.

I like the idea of a few juco per class.

Reactions: 1 person

2011 - DT Maurice Couch

UT has recruited JUCO DL well. It hasn't worked well in terms of translating on the field yet though. Brown didn't qualify and Couch did decent last year. Time will tell with McCullers and Sentimore. I am excited to see what they can do this next season.

UT has recruited JUCO DL well. It hasn't worked well in terms of translating on the field yet though. Brown didn't qualify and Couch did decent last year. Time will tell with McCullers and Sentimore. I am excited to see what they can do this next season.
+1
I really hope those three just destroy the LOS next season. They have the potential to be nasty.

Does this guy have a different name than Toby?

The reason I ask is b/c I read that we have offered a DT out of Hutchinson C.C. by the name of Roderick Johnson, I can't find any recruiting profiles on him at all on any site. I did find some film on him.

He isn't even listed on the Hutchinson C.C. roster.

Does this guy have a different name than Toby?

The reason I ask is b/c I read that we have offered a DT out of Hutchinson C.C. by the name of Roderick Johnson, I can't find any recruiting profiles on him at all on any site. I did find some film on him.

He isn't even listed on the Hutchinson C.C. roster.

Same guy. Roderick is his given name but he goes by Toby.

Does this guy have a different name than Toby? The reason I ask is b/c I read that we have offered a DT out of Hutchinson C.C. by the name of Roderick Johnson, I can't find any recruiting profiles on him at all on any site. I did find some film on him. He isn't even listed on the Hutchinson C.C. roster.

So it turns out that the Roderick Johnson I was talking about last night is actually Toby. Roderick is his first name but he goes by Toby Johnson..

Here are his JUCO Highlights.

Roderick Johnson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

VN Store

Back