'13 JUCO DB Riyahd Jones (UT commit 12/21/12)

We are closer to GA than the other schools, and I like his work ethic. Let's get this kid to TN CBJ. GBO!! By the way, if he is from Columbus, GA, he probably lives near Ft. Benning. PimpVoL, you may be on to something there. Hooah!!

But can he tackle...cause that was our issue......tackeling.....

can he tackle, if yes, then procede colonel sanders.......

@JTalty
Juco DB Rihayd Jones says Tenn., Kansas State, and Indiana are main 3 left. Ole Miss and MSU had been involved.

I wondered why I kept remembering this guy. Came out of nowhere and did really well a couple of years ago:

Elon's super receiver to test Georgia Southern's defense

“We’re a team so we’ll play within our system,” said Jones, who has started the last two games. “He’s a very good receiver. We’ll try to limit the big plays.”

But it’s a tall task for Jones, a true freshman who is a converted wide receiver and never played cornerback in high school.

Hopefully coaches are doing their homework here. And hope Jones is, too. Don’t need another Lanier situation here.

Willie Martinez was recruiting him while at Auburn. We need help all over the board especially at corner. If Martinez thinks he can play, good enough for me. Jones at corner and Lemond Johnson at safety are two EEs that hopefully can come in and pick up the new system and compete for playing time.

Please pass...

Great analysis.

Like others have said we really need speed in the secondary and he's got it. He also has good size and appears to have fluid hips. May need to be coached up but what recruits don't? I'd be happy with a commitment from him

New article on 247 -

Said he's been waiting on the UT offer, he knows Martinez from his time at Auburn. Sounds like he really wants to be in the SEC. He loves our facilities and our staff, and he thinks he can come in and contribute immediately.

He is not signing today, and he will probably wait until January. He is looking for the best fit, and from the offers he had before the UT offer, he didn't feel like he had found the perfect fit for him.

He stated UGA is a team that is coming on strong for him, and they have been in a lot of contact the past couple of days. He thinks they are getting close to offering.

I thought this was particularly interesting (about Deion Bonner):

“Deion, that’s my boy,” Jones said. “The last time I talked to him was, like, a month ago. I’m not sure if he’s still there yet, but Deion’s my boy. In the summer, he was telling me a lot about Tennessee. He was actually trying to get (former cornerbacks) coach (Derrick) Ansley to recruit me, but Coach Ansley never took advantage of it.”

What is up with Bonner? He got the charges dropped and then got suspended right?

I am confused, Volquest just put up an article saying Jones wanted to be an EE, but was witing to see us...His OV is not until 1-11 or 1-18 (I forget), but that makes little sense if he wants to enroll early. Can anyone make sense of this for me?

I THINK the point was that he intended to be an EE, but our offer threw off his plans, so he is gonna see us in Jan and then make a decision.

Sounds like we are either too late or he is so impressed with out offer he just wants to commit and be a EE.

Reactions: 1 person
I actually thought the video was sorta boring. I like the concept of the site, but I think the site should add music, video footage from the NC, and alums like Eric Berry destroying people (EB knocking Knowshon Moreno out of the game would be sweet).

Crappy offer list, anyone who thinks its decent is kidding themselves, converted from WR, and "boys" with Bonner. There are other DBs who we should pull for verses going after this guy.

VN Store

Back