'13 JUCO DB Riyahd Jones (UT commit 12/21/12)

He recently named at top 3 of Kansas State, Indiana, & Ole Miss. He took a OV to KSU this past weekend. He was suppose to sign tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

He recently named at top 3 of Kansas State, Indiana, & Ole Miss. He took a OV to KSU this past weekend. He was suppose to sign tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Prediction: pushes his signing back, visits UT, signs with UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Not trying to bash you and sorry if it came off as harsh it's just with almost every recruit someone has something negative to say.I think we need to give CBJ the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating talent, at least until he proves that he can't.Once again, if I seemed harsh I apologize.

If a guy can run a sub 4.5 40 and this staff wants to take a chance for the secondary it would be hard for anyone to argue, imo. Plenty of evidence says lack of speed + bad technique = really bad. Bad technique + speed = marginally bad.

Not trying to bash you and sorry if it came off as harsh it's just with almost every recruit someone has something negative to say.I think we need to give CBJ the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evaluating talent.Once again, if I seemed harsh I apologize.

I apologize for taking that way. And to be honest, this is the only potential recruit that I haven't agreed with... I definitely understand where you're coming from though, but I'm far from a negavol. I did not, however, see that he had 3 years to play 2.. That makes a difference.

I asked if he's interested in the Vols, and he said, "Yeah, most definitely."
-Keith Niebuhr

Also, it looks as if our offer may have thrown off his plans. 247 is saying that he now will no longer be an EE, and he will likely enroll in the college of his choice next Summer.

Reactions: 1 person
Jones played as a freshman at Georgia Southern in 2011: https://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90304&SPID=10890&DB_OEM_ID=18700&ATCLID=205303604&Q_SEASON=2011

Jones — 6-foot-0, 186 pounds, 4.46 seconds in the 40 yard dash — played at Georgia Southern and recorded 11 tackles, one pass breakup, one pass deflection and one recovered fumble for the Eagles before transferring in January.

“When I go up against a receiver my size or tall receiver that’s 6-2, 6-3 they don’t have much of an advantage because I match their size with my size,” said Jones, who reports a 360-pound squat, 270-bench press and 36-inch vertical. “Some smaller corners like 5-10 and 5-9 corners have a hard time with 6-3 guys but with me that’s not a problem."

Hogs eye cornerback Riyahd Jones, Jones eyes SEC | The Recruiting Guy

Jones now has offers from big Division 1 programs like Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kansas State, and Texas A&M. “For me it’s such a blessing,” Jones told The Clarion-Ledger. “I don’t take it for granted at all. I’m just really excited to get on a Division-1 campus.”
Riyahd Jones looking for happiness in college choice | Mississippi Recruiting Report

Garden City CC Defensive Stats

Reactions: 1 person
-Keith Niebuhr

Also, it looks as if our offer may have thrown off his plans. 247 is saying that he now will no longer be an EE, and he will likely enroll in the college of his choice next Summer.

Oh dear....most definitely.

Played at Carver of Columbus. Players that come out of that school sometimes have a rep for getting in trouble, but they always have talent and some of the hardest hitters I've seen on the high school level. I'd take him.

"Tennessee would like him to come visit that first weekend of visits in January, Jan. 11 I believe. It's before classes start so he could technically still decide and attend another school or Tennessee. I asked him what his plans where now because he was supposed to announce this week, he said he wasn't sure. We'll keep you guys updated."

- Fortenberry

What exactly is it that you dont like. Nice height, great speed and decent offer list. Guess I am missing where its a bad offer.Especially with our secondary's lack of speed.

Not enough stars. We need guys like Coleman, Teague, and Gordon at corner. They were all 4 stars and have proven their greatness.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back