13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great photoshop no doubt, but seeing him in that Bama gear with Saban just sucks. :peace2:

SN: I wonder if Saban wears shoes with really thick heels to get above the legal midget barrier.

vonbell.jpg

Not very professional of saban. He should at least stand for the picture.

Actually Collins had 17 tackles, 1 punt return, and a blocked kick as a true freshman who played in all 14 games. You might want to research a little better there.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/stats/season_stats.pdf

In regards to playing next year Collins is projected to be a starter next to Ha-Ha. Who happened to be the #1 S in the country the year prior. R Lester who is getting ready to get drafted leaves the spot open for him.

Also the point needs to be address is that Bell is not getting recruited just as S but but as a CB as well. Meaning he brings more options than any other DB on the team. I will bet he will see the field as a true freshman next year. See your arguement about depth has no value because we always have seniors or others that fans like to project ahead of incoming freshman. The problem with that arguement is that Collins, G Smith, Ha-Ha, Dre, Dee, and other DBs come in as true freshman and see the field every year.

That's what I get relying on Alabama's Rivals page in the middle of the night.

Just saw some film on Bell, He reminds me of Eric Berry, maybe not quite as fast. Im not saying he is the next EB but he sure did remind me of him

Vonn Bell is a guy who impressed on film during his senior season and backed it up while at Under Armour earlier this month. He's a tremendous playmaker at the safety position and more than held his own against the top talent in the country. There's a reason the best college programs in the land are after him, and he's going to be a great late addition for someone down the stretch.
-Rivals.com

The only thing that concerns me is how he is always spotted and pictured decked out in Alabama gear. I doubt you deck yourself out in it, wear it every day throughout the school year, as his classmates have said, and then end up switching to Tennessee. I fear that he is just visiting us to pay his respect and that's it.

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing that concerns me is how he is always spotted and pictured decked out in Alabama gear. I doubt you deck yourself out in it, wear it every day throughout the school year, as his classmates have said, and then end up switching to Tennessee. I fear that he is just visiting us to pay his respect and that's it.

I would guess our chances of landing Bell at about 20%.

Reactions: 1 person
JMO, but someone who TRULY grows up a Vol fan doesn't where Bama gear. I don't give a damn what the circumstances are! My kids are too young to remember the glory days as well...that's no excuse. They love Tennessee and hate Alabama, UGA, UF, etc. they have pride in where they're from. They may never get the chance to play for UT, they might...it's yet to be seen. But if they had the chance, it wouldn't matter if Tennessee was coming off 4 straight 0-12 seasons and 4 straight coaching changes. They are proud to be from here and even at a young age represent it to the max. Something that's missing with these youngsters now days.

Now I want Vonn Bell as bad as anyone one this board. But someone who truly grows up a Vol fan doesn't sport Bama sh!t. If some don't see it that way, so be it. But this is how I feel, and I'll go to my grave doing so.

Flame away.....

Reactions: 2 people
JMO, but someone who TRULY grows up a Vol fan doesn't where Bama gear. I don't give a damn what the circumstances are! My kids are too young to remember the glory days as well...that's no excuse. They love Tennessee and hate Alabama, UGA, UF, etc. they have pride in where they're from. They may never get the chance to play for UT, they might...it's yet to be seen. But if they had the chance, it wouldn't matter if Tennessee was coming off 4 straight 0-12 seasons and 4 straight coaching changes. They are proud to be from here and even at a young age represent it to the max. Something that's missing with these youngsters now days.

Now I want Vonn Bell as bad as anyone one this board. But someone who truly grows up a Vol fan doesn't sport Bama sh!t. If some don't see it that way, so be it. But this is how I feel, and I'll go to my grave doing so.

Flame away.....

No Flames from me, it's how I feel. I've said multiple times VB is my favorite recruit, I want him to commit so bad, but I could never put on Bama gear unless I lost a bet. The kid can do or wear whatever he wants, and I know people change so it just sucks if it is bama

Most people around Vonn's neck of the woods eithr pull for VOLS or Georgia. Makes me wonder why he isn't interested at all in Richt's team? (maybe that's where the VOLS loyalty comes into play--it seems to be either/or on the Tennessee/Georgia border)

Alabama obviously has their bandwagon fans, just like any team that wins a lot.

Flame away.....
AMEN RICH.....READ MY EARLIER POST IN THIS THREAD. I AGREE IF YOU WERE RAISED BO.You dont give a crap if Bama has won 10 straight titles. You dont wear there inbreed colors and you dont talk to the freaking midget coach they have.

Flame away.....

Not flaming , just. saying from experience.

Your kids may grow up to not love the same things you do or may not feel the love as strong as you do. Kids have their own minds.
As much as you love UT, you love your kids more.

Ain't seen you in a while Flow. Good to see you, hope all is well with you and yours.

Appreciate that, RichRollin.

It's been much harder for me to find the time to read the boards and post. Especially this last fall with football and school. This spring semester should be a little easier on me though, so hopefully I can be on VN a little more often.

Hope everything is going well on your end as well.

AMEN RICH.....READ MY EARLIER POST IN THIS THREAD. I AGREE IF YOU WERE RAISED BO.You dont give a crap if Bama has won 10 straight titles. You dont wear there inbreed colors and you dont talk to the freaking midget coach they have.

My post might sound harsh...but think about it. If a kid can play for Bama or Tennessee, they can probably play for most anyone in the country. And let's be honest, most of these kids know they are good...really good. Yet it doesn't seem to cross their minds that kids of their ilk/skillset NOT choosing the Vols has a lot to do with why the Vols aren't where we need them to be.

I will put it to u this way.If my kids went to Bama,Fla.,Uga ect. to play I would cheer for them and hope they play well.That being said I also hope that they lose every game.I would also question my ability as a parent and ask my self where did I go wrong raising them.There is no gray area here.You r either with us or against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back