13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that concerns me is how he is always spotted and pictured decked out in Alabama gear. I doubt you deck yourself out in it, wear it every day throughout the school year, as his classmates have said, and then end up switching to Tennessee. I fear that he is just visiting us to pay his respect and that's it.

The way i see it is he doesn't owe us anything, especially after the last staff bombed his recruitment. If he visits it's cause he wants to. Just my :twocents:

Reactions: 2 people
I agree completely. If I grew up a diehard Vol fan (which I did), I couldn't imagine playing for any other school if the Vols wanted me to be in orange. ESPECIALLY not a damn rival.

I will put it to u this way.If my kids went to Bama,Fla.,Uga ect. to play I would cheer for them and hope they play well.That being said I also hope that they lose every game.I would also question my ability as a parent and ask my self where did I go wrong raising them.There is no gray area here.You r either with us or against us.

Something else an old man has learned.

You never know what you or will not do until you are in a situation.

JMO, but someone who TRULY grows up a Vol fan doesn't where Bama gear. I don't give a damn what the circumstances are! My kids are too young to remember the glory days as well...that's no excuse. They love Tennessee and hate Alabama, UGA, UF, etc. they have pride in where they're from. They may never get the chance to play for UT, they might...it's yet to be seen. But if they had the chance, it wouldn't matter if Tennessee was coming off 4 straight 0-12 seasons and 4 straight coaching changes. They are proud to be from here and even at a young age represent it to the max. Something that's missing with these youngsters now days.

Now I want Vonn Bell as bad as anyone one this board. But someone who truly grows up a Vol fan doesn't sport Bama sh!t. If some don't see it that way, so be it. But this is how I feel, and I'll go to my grave doing so.

Flame away.....

That's the way I feel too my brother. But we are old school. Kids today don't seem to think thst way. They are a fan of whomever is hot at the time. I get sick of all the Bama, UGA, and Gator Crap kids are wearing around Ktown these days. 99% have zero ties to those schools or states, they are just pulling for the hot team(s). It's sad really because you can never really appreciate the highs unless you have experienced the lows. Now as far as Bell goes, I think his level of fandom with the VOLs has been exaggerated. Some kids relish the chance to be apart of building something while some kids would rather take the easier road of jumping on a sure thing. Let's hope that Bell decides to take on the challenge and becomes a VB.

I remember a few years ago a fellow out of Nashville named Ron Mercer. He was a blue chip basketball player that chose Kentucky over the Vols. He said afterwards when asked why he didn't choose the VOLS " I wanted to be on a team not be the team". He chose the easier route.

Most people around Vonn's neck of the woods eithr pull for VOLS or Georgia. Makes me wonder why he isn't interested at all in Richt's team? (maybe that's where the VOLS loyalty comes into play--it seems to be either/or on the Tennessee/Georgia border)

Alabama obviously has their bandwagon fans, just like any team that wins a lot.
Because he grew up a Vol.

There is no reason to play for Richt from Von's POV. Playing for Saban does make some sense. Likely to win and he's the best secondary coach out there.

I agree completely. If I grew up a diehard Vol fan (which I did), I couldn't imagine playing for any other school if the Vols wanted me to be in orange. ESPECIALLY not a damn rival.
Plain and simple you just dont do it.To say its to be better prepared for the nfl is a cop out.Tn has had just as many players in the league as any one.Plus with Terry Fair now in ktown who better to get u ready than a former nfl corner.These kids just dont under stand the way to make Tb. better and win again is to come to Tn.Would be nice if they would also commit early and help recruit other good players.

JMO, but someone who TRULY grows up a Vol fan doesn't where Bama gear. I don't give a damn what the circumstances are! My kids are too young to remember the glory days as well...that's no excuse. They love Tennessee and hate Alabama, UGA, UF, etc. they have pride in where they're from. They may never get the chance to play for UT, they might...it's yet to be seen. But if they had the chance, it wouldn't matter if Tennessee was coming off 4 straight 0-12 seasons and 4 straight coaching changes. They are proud to be from here and even at a young age represent it to the max. Something that's missing with these youngsters now days.

Now I want Vonn Bell as bad as anyone one this board. But someone who truly grows up a Vol fan doesn't sport Bama sh!t. If some don't see it that way, so be it. But this is how I feel, and I'll go to my grave doing so.

Flame away.....

Sometimes being a sports fan involves a bit of fantasy. I have been a Vols fan since the late sixtys. However, when it came time to go to school, I chose other places due to the realities of the technologies that were available at the time - punch card computers vs. sitting in front of a computer screen. When the rubber meets the road, the fantasy does not always match up with the realities on the ground.

Just wait though, the realities on the ground in this situation may be in our favor once he gets to Knoxville. It will be fun to watch unfolding, IMO.:popcorn:

Not flaming , just. saying from experience.

Your kids may grow up to not love the same things you do or may not feel the love as strong as you do. Kids have their own minds.
As much as you love UT, you love your kids more.

I understand that. I would never make my kids play a sport they don't wanna play, eat something they didn't like, etc. it's not a sports thing, it's a pride thing. My oldest truly has a deep sense of pride in being a Tennessee boy. He's only 12, but it's there. Again, it's far deeper than football. He knows the history of the state, why it's the Volunteer state, etc. He also knows the history of the program via Tom Mattingly's "Tennessee Football Vault". I've always tried to tell him if he stands for something, he damn sure better have a reason to and know why he's doing it. Don't follow the crowd. Life may take him around the globe for all we know. And if so, he'll still ALWAYS be a Tennessee boy...born and bred. And his brother wants to be just like him.

Again, it's NOT A FOOTBALL THING, IT'S A TENNESSEE THING. And that's just how it is. The way he sees it, he's not from Alabama. If he were, I'm 1000% sure he would rep them the same way.

Some of you Francises, need to lighten up. Recruits always don the colors of the school that they visit. That is part of the recruitment process and activities set up by the coaches. It does not mean that they will sign with that team. How many guys have we seen wearing our colors in photos and later see them sign elsewhere?

These kids enjoy the recruiting process amd that includes wearing the colors of hated rivals. Until you have been through the process, you do not if you would wear or not wear Bama colors or thise of any other rivals. Having been through this, I would say with almost 100% assurity, you would have put the Bama gear on, just as your peers would.

The only thing that concerns me is how he is always spotted and pictured decked out in Alabama gear. I doubt you deck yourself out in it, wear it every day throughout the school year, as his classmates have said, and then end up switching to Tennessee. I fear that he is just visiting us to pay his respect and that's it.

Robert Nkemdichee wore UA gear all the time. Every time there was a photo of him even one I saw on him sleding in the snow he was decked out in UA gear. Some kids just like specific colors or a team's gear because the team wins and is the popular flavor of the month. Just saying.

I understand that. I would never make my kids play a sport they don't wanna play, eat something they didn't like, etc. it's not a sports thing, it's a pride thing. My oldest truly has a deep sense of pride in being a Tennessee boy. He's only 12, but it's there. Again, it's far deeper than football. He knows the history of the state, why it's the Volunteer state, etc. He also knows the history of the program via Tom Mattingly's "Tennessee Football Vault". I've always tried to tell him if he stands for something, he damn sure better have a reason to and know why he's doing it. Don't follow the crowd. Life may take him around the globe for all we know. And if so, he'll still ALWAYS be a Tennessee boy...born and bred. And his brother wants to be just like him.

Again, it's NOT A FOOTBALL THING, IT'S A TENNESSEE THING. And that's just how it is. The way he sees it, he's not from Alabama. If he were, I'm 1000% sure he would rep them the same way.

Sounds like you're raising your son the right way! I am teaching my 13 yo the same things. He has friends that don the enemies apparel and he innocently ask them "why are you wearing that crap?". "If you live 20 min from Neyland you should be a VOLS fan". Their response "well they suck". It's a shame they have no memories of a good TN team. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Don't you think the parents of some of the recruits we pull from GA , AL, FL , SC, NC, VA, OH etc. may feel the same way about their states ?

Sometimes the home state school is not be best option for the kid for various reasons.

I wish UT could lock TN down and sign every good D-1 prospect instate but we all know that is not reality.

Good God I never thought I would find my kindred spirit but I have.You raise those kids just like I do mine.You are so so correct when yoy say its a pride thing.My wife couldnt believe I almost got in a fight last week at a bar in Dallas over who the real UT is. I told her the same thing Its a Tennesse thang and being from Ga. honey you just wouldnt understand.

Don't you think the parents of some of the recruits we pull from GA , AL, FL , SC, NC, VA, OH etc. may feel the same way about their states ?

Sometimes the home state school is not be best option for the kid for various reasons.

I wish UT could lock TN down and sign every good D-1 prospect instate but we all know that is not reality.

It can and will be a reality if Butch follows through with his plan. UGA, Bama, SCar, UF, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St all have managed to keep top d1 prospects from leaving the state. Tennessee has enough talent to almost fill up a class, but every year other SEC schools come and poach UTs talent.
All of those same schools mentioned above alse have players commited from the state of Tennessee. If Butch wants to lock down the state he can. Its only getting harder with Vandy gaining a presence.

I AM A CHATTANOOGA GUY AND WANT BELL AS BAD AS ANY ONE.BUT IF HE DONT WANNA BE HERE THATS OK TO.CAUSE WE GOT YOU BAD A MOTHER TRUCKER FOR A SAFETY COMING REAL SOON THAT REALLY DOES BLEED ORANGE.JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY FRIEND WHO HAPPENED TO PLAY WITH HIS DAD AT UT.A WHILE BACK.Feb. gonna be a fun month to be a Vol....

I AM A CHATTANOOGA GUY AND WANT BELL AS BAD AS ANY ONE.BUT IF HE DONT WANNA BE HERE THATS OK TO.CAUSE WE GOT YOU BAD A MOTHER TRUCKER FOR A SAFETY COMING REAL SOON THAT REALLY DOES BLEED ORANGE.JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY FRIEND WHO HAPPENED TO PLAY WITH HIS DAD AT UT.A WHILE BACK.Feb. gonna be a fun month to be a Vol....

1. Why did you post in all caps? 2. Which prospects are you talking about TKjr or Berry's?

Logical, transparent, and coherent. A+ post.

Reactions: 3 people
1. Why did you post in all caps? 2. Which prospects are you talking about TKjr or Berry's?

Sorry breaking the law texting and driving.TKjr.We are about to see a true example of leadership and bleeding orange since birth.I was so excited after talking to him I couldnt stop to type .

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry breaking the law texting and driving.TKjr.We are about to see a true example of leadership and bleeding orange since birth.I was so excited after talking to him I couldnt stop to type .

If this info is legit then you're excused for all the caps, still shouldn't text and drive though.

If this info is legit then you're excused for all the caps, still shouldn't text and drive though.
Should be legit he never gives me any info even though I pester the hell out of him.My brothers a cop and tells me that all the time and he and u r correct I shouldnt do it.But I am so pumped I couldnt help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back