'13 GA DE Davin Bellamy (UGA signee)

lol he "almost" commits to every school he visits. Who knows where this kid is going. At one point, he named Vandy his leader but I think UGA leads now (based on his tweets).

"He says that it's very hard to see someone surpassing Florida State at this point and the only reason he didn't commit to FSU was because his mom wasn't there and she needs to see it first. Vandy is the only team close to FSU at this point. He says Vandy is doing great in recruiting(mentions their class rank) and has something special building. If they have a good year, they would be neck and neck with Florida State for his services. Apparently he likes their coaches the best."-

From a poster on the VQ, dont know what article he got this info from.

"He says that it's very hard to see someone surpassing Florida State at this point and the only reason he didn't commit to FSU was because his mom wasn't there and she needs to see it first. Vandy is the only team close to FSU at this point. He says Vandy is doing great in recruiting(mentions their class rank) and has something special building. If they have a good year, they would be neck and neck with Florida State for his services. Apparently he likes their coaches the best."-

From a poster on the VQ, dont know what article he got this info from.

Vandy's 4-star QB is terrible. Feel bad for these kids buying Franklin's BS.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I hope we impress him on his visit and get back into it we need another Jack Linebacker IMo becides hatcher

I have a hard time believing we aren't ahead of auburn right now. They already have 2 (3 if you include Liner) DEs committed right now. I doubt they have room/are recruiting Bellamy hard

"I think it's going to be very, very hard [for someone to surpass the Seminoles]," Bellamy told 247sports. "Honestly, the only thing that kept me from committing when I was there was that my mom didn't see it. I feel like before you get married, you have to make sure your mom is okay with the girl."

Bellamy's mother will get to see FSU up close soon.

"I'm going back down July 18," he said.

If that visit goes well, it is possible -- and maybe even likely -- Bellamy will give the Seminoles his verbal.

"I'm planning on trying to make a decision before the season starts, so I can have some kind of security," Bellamy said. "If that Florida State trip goes like the last time, that may be the last stop."

Vanderbilt appears to be FSU's biggest threat for the 6-feet-5, 230-pound Bellamy. Right now, the Commodores sit in the No. 2 spot.

"You know, Vanderbilt was one of the first schools to recruit me before I became a big-time recruit," Bellamy said. "I'm actually real close with the coaches. I've developed a trust factor with the coaches. I feel like they're doing something special with the program. Right now, they have the No. 17 class. I know they're doing something right. Right now, the only school that is even close to knocking [FSU] off would be Vanderbilt, especially if they go out and have a great year. Then I think them and FSU would be neck and neck."

Georgia is next after FSU and Vanderbilt, Bellamy said.-247

"I think it's going to be very, very hard [for someone to surpass the Seminoles]," Bellamy told 247sports. "Honestly, the only thing that kept me from committing when I was there was that my mom didn't see it. I feel like before you get married, you have to make sure your mom is okay with the girl."

Bellamy's mother will get to see FSU up close soon.

"I'm going back down July 18," he said.

If that visit goes well, it is possible -- and maybe even likely -- Bellamy will give the Seminoles his verbal.

"I'm planning on trying to make a decision before the season starts, so I can have some kind of security," Bellamy said. "If that Florida State trip goes like the last time, that may be the last stop."

Vanderbilt appears to be FSU's biggest threat for the 6-feet-5, 230-pound Bellamy. Right now, the Commodores sit in the No. 2 spot.

"You know, Vanderbilt was one of the first schools to recruit me before I became a big-time recruit," Bellamy said. "I'm actually real close with the coaches. I've developed a trust factor with the coaches. I feel like they're doing something special with the program. Right now, they have the No. 17 class. I know they're doing something right. Right now, the only school that is even close to knocking [FSU] off would be Vanderbilt, especially if they go out and have a great year. Then I think them and FSU would be neck and neck."

Georgia is next after FSU and Vanderbilt, Bellamy said.-247

Well, I suppose luckily for FSU, Candy will likely have an underwhelming season...

Would we take Hatcher, Neal, and Bellamy plus the other four Lbs committed or would they not take all three Jacks.

Lulz.

Sal has told about 37 different kids that they are the one he wants to be our Jack. Come next year, we will have the deepest rotation at Jack LB in the entire nation. Each guy will get to play until the other team makes a 1st down, then he has to be replaced with a fresh face.

mlsoft

Lulz.

Sal has told about 37 different kids that they are the one he wants to be our Jack. Come next year, we will have the deepest rotation at Jack LB in the entire nation. Each guy will get to play until the other team makes a 1st down, then he has to be replaced with a fresh face.

mlsoft
Haha. Good point. Obviously all these guys can't play Jack, or more importantly, we won't get all those guys on our squad. Do you believe Sal tells recruits he's recruiting them as Jack partially becaus it's more of the "it" position in his defense right now?

Haha. Good point. Obviously all these guys can't play Jack, or more importantly, we won't get all those guys on our squad. Do you believe Sal tells recruits he's recruiting them as Jack partially becaus it's more of the "it" position in his defense right now?

This is exactly what is happening. A similar phenomenon happens when recruiting pitchers in baseball. Everyone thinks of themselves as the next great Ace or closer but it reality it rarely happens that way.

Get them to campus and let things sort themselves out.

VN Store

Back