'13 GA DE Davin Bellamy (UGA signee)

Reactions: 2 people
Someone tweeted at him that they "hoped the girls in Knoxville give their all for Tennessee tonight" and he retweeted it. I hate the way that makes it sound, but, we all want DB to flip

Someone said he also tweeted he wanted a "date" last night. While I love the idea of these kids playing for Tennessee, I would hope the coaches keep an eye on things and at least try to keep things on the up and up while recruits are visiting. Some may feel throwing girls at these guys is a "perk" of recruiting. I for one hope Tennessee does not sink to all that. Plenty of girls on campus to get to know IF they decide to become Vols. JMO

Reactions: 8 people
Was about to mention him. Idk if its b/c he played waaay back in the day or what but IMO he doesn't get enough praise as one of the best Vols & DL ever.

Good call J. Possibly the best Vol DL and widely regarded as one of the elite NFL all time, by some the best. He and Reggie White...I'd be interested to see if any university on the planet can boast two DEs as dominant in college, then following it up in the pros. Good post

Good call J. Possibly the best Vol DL and widely regarded as one of the elite NFL all time, by some the best. He and Reggie White...I'd be interested to see if any university on the planet can boast two DEs as dominant in college, then following it up in the pros. Good post

Exactly.

I tweeted this the other night & I think it could be a good argument but Tennessee is known as WRU, I think a case can be made for DLU also.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone said he also tweeted he wanted a "date" last night. While I love the idea of these kids playing for Tennessee, I would hope the coaches keep an eye on things and at least try to keep things on the up and up while recruits are visiting. Some may feel throwing girls at these guys is a "perk" of recruiting. I for one hope Tennessee does not sink to all that. Plenty of girls on campus to get to know IF they decide to become Vols. JMO
Agreed. Who here, has a daughter, neice, cousin, or sister that they want banging a high school recruit just so that the recruit ends up at UT? Wouldn't that make you proud?

Reactions: 5 people
Exactly.

I tweeted this the other night & I think it could be a good argument but Tennessee is known as WRU, I think a case can be made for DLU also.

I agree. I've always made a case for LBU as well. To hell with Penn State. I'd gladly compare a list of UT LBs against PSU. JMO.

I PLAYED IN A GOLF TOURNEY ABOUT 10 YRS AGO THAT ATKINS WAS AT.HE WAS PROBLEY IN HIS MID 60s and still looked like he could strap in on today.6'6 and a very lean 265.We talked about the comparision between he and Reggie.It was a interesting convo with alot od beer drinking involved.He told me the same thing about the sack stats.He said he played in games where he would have 6 or 7 a game. But it wasnt a stat back then.

Exactly.

Atkins was recognized as the greatest defensive lineman of the first 50 years of the NFL.

Reggie White is viewed by all NFL people as the greatest defensive lineman in the history of the NFL.

Add Albert Hayensworth, John Henderson, Darwin Walker, and many others to the list of very good defensive linemen who went to UT and went on to stardom in the NFL.

When I say this its kinda tongue in cheek because who really knows.I ask Atkins who was better he or Reggie.He laughed and said RW couldnt carry my joc.Atkins said one game against the eagles they used 8 diff o lineman against him......Still couldnt blk.him...He was probley 25YRS A HEAD OF HIS TIME because of his speed and ath ability for his size.Really wasnt fair back then.

When I say this its kinda tongue in cheek because who really knows.I ask Atkins who was better he or Reggie.He laughed and said RW couldnt carry my joc.Atkins said one game against the eagles they used 8 diff o lineman against him......Still couldnt blk.him...He was probley 25YRS A HEAD OF HIS TIME because of his speed and ath ability for his size.Really wasnt fair back then.

A serious argument can be made for Doug. I know White is more of a fan favorite because most remember him, but Atkins was the truth and could have played in ANY era. As a Bears fan I've done my research on Doug. He's one of the reasons they're referred to as the monsters of the midway. Dude was truly a monster. And IIRC he seldom if ever worked out. Just an ole country strong farm boy who slaughtered any and everyone.

@davinbellamy17: Feb. 6 im deactivating my Twitter for 24hrs

I take that as he's ours and he doesn't wanna take all the crap from FSU fans..hopefully.

If he was sticking with them, he wouldn't have to worry about anything because he's not committed to UT.

I take that as he's ours and he doesn't wanna take all the crap from FSU fans..hopefully.

If he was sticking with them, he wouldn't have to worry about anything because he's not committed to UT.

Interesting. I like you reasoning. It makes sense.

That certainly sounds good, but I'm not getting totally giddy because the kid's been quite trollish with the recruiting process throughout. Ultimately, though, I'm optimistic.

Could be construed as the opposite since I'm pretty sure his Twitter followers have gone way up since he has become interested in Tennessee. If you look at the responses to his tweets, its like 75% Vol related.

Could be construed as the opposite since I'm pretty sure his Twitter followers have gone way up since he has become interested in Tennessee. If you look at the responses to his tweets, its like 75% Vol related.

Very well could be. I'm just trying to look at it with an optimistic view.

Again, he hasn't been committed to UT for several months, so he wouldn't get nearly as much heat for sticking with FSU. Jmo of course.

This^^^^^^. Not to be a "glass half empty" kind of guy but it could be he doesn't want a ble million ut fans blowing up his Twitter begging him to come to ut.

The only thing I do know is that he loves the attention. I can't wait till he decides so I can unfollow him. For now, I'm too curious.

This^^^^^^. Not to be a "glass half empty" kind of guy but it could be he doesn't want a ble million ut fans blowing up his Twitter begging him to come to ut.

It definitely isn't that, because he's eating up every second of the recruiting process.

He said he's gonna deactivate it on Feb 6th which is NSD..so he'd be deactivating it right before or after he signs..which makes it seem like he doesn't wanna hear the backlash that he'll inevitably receive from the fanbase he doesn't choose.

Last edited:
He said Tennessee really helped themselves out and if he had to decide today it would be between Tennessee and FSU and that the Vols are right up there with the Seminoles now.

"It puts Tennessee very, very, very high on my list." Story here in a few minutes.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 7 people
I wish we were more in it with Arshad Jackson, especially after hearing this. I think Jackson is leaning FSU and that could sway Bellamy.

VN Store

Back