'13 FL RB AJ Turman (UGA commit)

Yes.

1. DJ Humphries: Miss by Skeeter. He admits as much. He says he heard it from CHH.

2. Three Amigos: One was a TN commit who flipped to Florida. Absolutely no one saw that coming. Autry, by all reports had Tennessee as his leader, and mysteriously went to Miss State at the end. OCI thought there had to be some $$$ involved, and according to DeVinner, there was. He maintained Patterson was a Vol, even when skeeter expressed doubt. Patterson apparently told Ole Miss, UGA, and Tenn he was going to their schools the few days leading up to NSD. In the end, he nailed it.

3. Nathan Peterson: You may want to check the thread. Skeeter nailed this before anyone. That is indisputable.

4. JRM: OCI called Vol for a long time, Skeeter said it didn't happen till late in the game. In what appeared to be a contradiction between the two, neither backed down from their stance. Skeeter later said he misled with his comment to punk someone who was using his info as their own on another board, and later agreed on JRM. This, for me, solidified OCI more, since he did not change his tune when Skeeter disagreed.

5. OCI offered to give SeldomSeen Hinshaws #. If he gave bogus digits, you better believe seldomseen would have called him out on it on the forum. This inclines me to believe, OCI talks to some members from the staff.

6. OCI can jump the gun a little bit due to his enthusiasm. He has tried to relax that a bit, because people jumped his a**, cause recruiting is fluid. He speaks in certainties, which can cause him grief.

7. Skeet hit the Cam Sutton commit before anyone had it.

8. Skeet said we would be a major player for Paul Harris when he left campus. After all the hoopla for USC... Vol.

9. Everyone though Lamar Dawson was going to be a Vol. The night before NSD, Skeeter called foul, with USC or his coaches showing up at the last minute. Result, USC.

10. Skeeter said we were well out of it for Ramsey when most here thought we still had him in the bag.

I could go on, but I don't really expect you to change your mind... you have your right to an opinion. :hi:

Maybe this will give a little insight to newbies though.

Good post. I think it needs to be reemphasized that recruiting is very fluid. One day a kid might have UT as his leader, but the next it could be someone else. Unfortunately, many people simply look at the end result and call out the person who said we lead.

how many silents yall waiting on? lol ill never understand coaches wanting big time recruits to keep quiet makes no sense to me

i know the khoeler kid is waiting for his all star game so that makes sense but if turman isnt doing the same i dont get it why not give the fans what they want?

I see what your saying but it may have something to do with Green hes big on being the main back in a class. maby they want him to commit before turman does. And if hes not an EE then him annoucing on NSD is better for tennessee.

I see what your saying but it may have something to do with Green hes big on being the main back in a class. maby they want him to commit before turman does. And if hes not an EE then him annoucing on NSD is better for tennessee.

I don't understand that logic. If a back knows he's not going to be the only back in a class then it shouldn't matter who commits first. If you're misleading a prospect into thinking he's the only back you're going to take then that's a different story, but god help us if our coaches are doing anything that crappy.

Another possibility is that maybe they really are going to only take one back and they're waiting on Green. I don't see this as likely as it's painfully obvious we need two backs in this class. I'm just throwing it out there.

OCI has said for a while that were getting green and turman. And i sure hope we do, silents aren't always the coachs decision maby he wants to annouce at his last high school game or something. And on NSD everyone around the country is watching and it's good for others recruits and other fans to see a good RB picking Tennessee.

I trust OCI and think that Turman and dooley will work it all out, for all we know he could annouce tomorrow night before his game.

Every 4-5 star kid is a Vol until he selects another school. That is very clear if you read many of these threads. If a kid picks a school other than UT, there will be plenty of reasons why. Better players on the board, no room, attitude, grade issues, or he is just waiting to see if UT wins. Hatcher was all Vol and just waiting to see if UT won per many people on here. He commits to USC and makes it clear he was never really interested in the Vols. I seriously doubt Turman is just waitng to announce he is a Vol. If he is being asked to wait to see what Green does, it could backfire on this coaching staff. If they were taking both, there is no reason for him to wait.

I was definitely one that called OCI out early on, especially with the three amigos ordeal. And, I think nick nailed it. OCI "jumped the gun" a bit with respect to speaking in certainties/guarantees. As time has gone on, you can see that his stuff is pretty dang reliable. I'm definitely thankful to have him around providing information.

:salute:

I agree with the jumping the gun stuff with OCI too. I honestly just take the stuff he seems to have facts to back up but step back when it's his opinion. He kind of lost credibility with me there when he said it was stupid for people to think the UGA is in a better position with Kamara after the Crowley dismissal. Whether he goes to UT or UGA, UGA is in a better position after all that. Kind of let's it all get to his head to much for attention or wanting to get the info in first IMO.

At some pt there are some guys that don't need to be the first ones to bring the news. They can just confirm it or not and their reputation will get them the respect they've earned. Just all IMHO that's all...

Good break down Nick!:good!:

Dave Hooker of ESPN said on the Erik Ainge show just now that UT is the CLEAR leader for A.J. and would likely come to Tennessee even if Green picks UT too.

:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Dave Hooker of ESPN said on the Erik Ainge show just now that UT is the CLEAR leader for A.J. and would likely come to Tennessee even if Green picks UT too.

:rock:

YES.gif

Last edited:
Turman would be Dooley's second highest rated HS running back he has signed. If we are able to pull Turman and Green that would be a great RB class. Captain obvious I know but my point is just pulling Turman would be an improvement over the past couple of years. I know Jay Graham played here and is a VFL but for him to leave USC when he did was a major coup for Dooley.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes.

1. DJ Humphries: Miss by Skeeter. He admits as much. He says he heard it from CHH.

2. Three Amigos: One was a TN commit who flipped to Florida. Absolutely no one saw that coming. Autry, by all reports had Tennessee as his leader, and mysteriously went to Miss State at the end. OCI thought there had to be some $$$ involved, and according to DeVinner, there was. He maintained Patterson was a Vol, even when skeeter expressed doubt. Patterson apparently told Ole Miss, UGA, and Tenn he was going to their schools the few days leading up to NSD. In the end, he nailed it.

3. Nathan Peterson: You may want to check the thread. Skeeter nailed this before anyone. That is indisputable.

4. JRM: OCI called Vol for a long time, Skeeter said it didn't happen till late in the game. In what appeared to be a contradiction between the two, neither backed down from their stance. Skeeter later said he misled with his comment to punk someone who was using his info as their own on another board, and later agreed on JRM. This, for me, solidified OCI more, since he did not change his tune when Skeeter disagreed.

5. OCI offered to give SeldomSeen Hinshaws #. If he gave bogus digits, you better believe seldomseen would have called him out on it on the forum. This inclines me to believe, OCI talks to some members from the staff.

6. OCI can jump the gun a little bit due to his enthusiasm. He has tried to relax that a bit, because people jumped his a**, cause recruiting is fluid. He speaks in certainties, which can cause him grief.

7. Skeet hit the Cam Sutton commit before anyone had it.

8. Skeet said we would be a major player for Paul Harris when he left campus. After all the hoopla for USC... Vol.

9. Everyone though Lamar Dawson was going to be a Vol. The night before NSD, Skeeter called foul, with USC or his coaches showing up at the last minute. Result, USC.

10. Skeeter said we were well out of it for Ramsey when most here thought we still had him in the bag.

I could go on, but I don't really expect you to change your mind... you have your right to an opinion. :hi:

Maybe this will give a little insight to newbies though.

Nice post, Nick. Key point = recruiting is fluid. Truth is nothing is a "sure thing" until the pen touches the paper.

Aside from the obvious (trolls), it's unfortunate there are those here that seem to find entertainment and/or pleasure in denigrating or flaming others.

BB, Fingers, I4Jay, Lord Vader, OCI, Orange Venom, Ron S./UTVOL02, skeeter, to name but a few, I like what they bring and offer. It is a forum, let's enjoy. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
You're right. Those losses are squarely on the defense. We've made mistakes offensively but that's going to happen. The ones we've made defensively though have been game killers.

The GA loss was clearly on our D but Bray is just as much to blame as our D for the FL loss. Normally when you score 44 points in an SEC game your going to win. Our D definitely cost us the GA game, although they forced turnovers that even kept us in the game. But still our D has a very long way to go. Too many missed tackles and constantly out of position.

VN Store

Back