' 13 FL CB Mackensie Alexander

"When he does something, he does it with a purpose"

I wonder what his purpose was for committing to UT back in the day? Regardless, it's almost refreshing to see a kid take this route in his recruitment.

Forgot this kid is all over twitter dogging fanbases, asking for followers, and playing the media every which way. That's why the UT fans dog him everytime they get a chance. Ridiculous how posters attacked this kid's character. Saying he'll fail out of school, he's asking for money, and calling him a crackhead punk. I hope he goes somewhere, stars for 3 years, and goes high in the NFL draft. Love his unselfish attitude on the field and willingness to play the game the way it's supposed to be played(Tough, hard, fast, and smart). Sure need some players like him in Orange right now.
You gonna put all these ignorant posters into arm bars?

Reactions: 2 people
"When he does something, he does it with a purpose"

I wonder what his purpose was for committing to UT back in the day? Regardless, it's almost refreshing to see a kid take this route in his recruitment.

When he committed to UT, he did not have that many offers...don't know why. But the minute he committed to TN, in the coming weeks, he gained about 10-20 offers.

#calculated

You gonna put all these ignorant posters into arm bars?

FYI: I don't fight on the ground a lot. :) Nice try hater.............. Kinda funny how childish some of you posters are though..........Attacking a kid's character like you know him. Skills and talent are one thing, but character should be off limits on this board.

Reactions: 1 person
From AU Rivals -

The Alexander twins? Who knows. Anyone that pretends they know who they will choose is likely just guessing. 4-star Mackensie texted one of our analysts that they were announcing at 9 a.m. CT on Wednesday. When the analyst asked who his top three or some favorites were, Mackensie responed, "I don't know."

I am seeing many predictions that both will end up at AU. Heard their visits went well.

Reactions: 1 person
This dude is a trip Pitt UT and West Virginia his top 3 WTF???? Could he be the surprise commit we are supposed to get???

Great article that gives an inside look into his recruitment.

Mackensie Alexander, a five-star corner in ESPN 150, could be a game-changer - ESPN

This is just a small quote.

I grew up 20 miles north of Immokalee and competed against them many a time throughout HS sports because we were in the same district. I remember Ovince St. Preux striking up a conversation with me in the infield at a track meet because of my UT duffle bag, a few weeks after he committed.

Immokalee kids are the kind of kids you want on your team and you root for them even if they're not. Their families have worked so hard to provide what little they have, often times the kids as well, and they're appreciative of what they have and know full well how to take advantage of an opportunity like this when it presents itself.

Because of the overlap in communities of Immokalee and my hometown of LaBelle, due to the agricultural industry and there being common farming operations in both areas, there was a fair sense of connection to those kids as well. I know when they'd make it to State we'd be pulling for them as hard as their hometown was. I know Kenzie and Mackenro will make the most of this opportunity and represent the Florida Heartland well.

Damn I miss FL high school football! Growing up in the Glades I was privy to some amazing football talent as a young boy.

Interesting side note (IMO at least); because of the ethnic diversity on Immokalee's team they often call plays in several languages and English rarely being one. It makes it impossible to pick up on adjustments and/or checks. Most of the blacks there are actually Haitian and there is a large Hispanic population so plays are called out in Spanish and a French/Haitian/Creole mix (all fairly similar).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
travis_sawchik Travis Sawchik

S. Fla kids MT @RTinMan13 Sammy Watkins just predicted Mackensie Alexander to Clemson in our #COMM425 class "because I just talked to him"

When he committed to UT, he did not have that many offers...don't know why. But the minute he committed to TN, in the coming weeks, he gained about 10-20 offers.

#calculated

Publicity. And he got it.

Yeah I guess you're right. Seems like he used UT and had no real interest. IIRC, didn't he commit before he had even visited? Would have been nice if his interest was legit.

Forgot this kid is all over twitter dogging fanbases, asking for followers, and playing the media every which way. That's why the UT fans dog him everytime they get a chance. Ridiculous how posters attacked this kid's character. Saying he'll fail out of school, he's asking for money, and calling him a crackhead punk. I hope he goes somewhere, stars for 3 years, and goes high in the NFL draft. Love his unselfish attitude on the field and willingness to play the game the way it's supposed to be played(Tough, hard, fast, and smart). Sure need some players like him in Orange right now.

You must not have heard BB, you can't wish any kid well if he doesn't go to UT. Well according to some on here.:).
Agree this kid will be a shutdown where ever he goes.

My favorite player for the 2013 class period. He's what we don't have on defense and desperately need period.

This kid is a really good player and not what people say he is. Like the article couple pages away, people should read it. Man I wish we could have picked him up.

This kid is a really good player and not what people say he is. Like the article couple pages away, people should read it. Man I wish we could have picked him up.

He should've never been attacked from Day 1. All he did was decommit after the position coach that recruited him left. No harm no foul. Fans dogged him but ran up after Hatcher and Ramsey all year. :dunno:

He should've never been attacked from Day 1. All he did was decommit after the position coach that recruited him left. No harm no foul. Fans dogged him but ran up after Hatcher and Ramsey all year. :dunno:

Yeah this cat trashes UT, commits then de- commits then re-commits. And Ramsey visits UT what 7 times and then says UT way down the list when he chooses.

VN Store

Back