'13 FL ATH Lemond Johnson (UT Commit 12/16/12)

I have no idea.

SCtiger might know.

Ron, repeating my response to you in Lawson thread for benefit of others.

As far as I know, he is still an early EE. Not heard much about him in lately. Here is what he said when Malzahn was named HC.

"I'm glad we have a coach now and I know he was a part of Auburn's championship they won and that's a good thing. I'm glad we have a coach and we can move forward. I feel like it's a good hire since he's worked at Auburn before and he knows about Auburn."

Ron, repeating my response to you in Lawson thread for benefit of others.

As far as I know, he is still an early EE. Not heard much about him in lately. Here is what he said when Malzahn was named HC.

"I'm glad we have a coach now and I know he was a part of Auburn's championship they won and that's a good thing. I'm glad we have a coach and we can move forward. I feel like it's a good hire since he's worked at Auburn before and he knows about Auburn."

He is quoted as saying auburn won't let him EE but he can sign and enroll in the fall. Very odd if that's the complete truth.

He is quoted as saying auburn won't let him EE but he can sign and enroll in the fall. Very odd if that's the complete truth.

The way read I it was he said UT told him he couldn't be a EE at Auburn but could at UT. Still odd if true

The way read I it was he said UT told him he couldn't be a EE at Auburn but could at UT. Still odd if true

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how it reads the way your saying.

"That's another thing that happened, they told me if I go to Auburn I couldn't enroll in January and that's what I wanted to do. I really want to enroll in January so I've got to see what's out there," Johnson said. "If I go to Tennessee I'll be able to do that."

Reactions: 1 person
From what I gather this morning on some AU sites, it is not clear what is going on with Johnson. Nothing from site reporters, but speculation that Malzahn may be holding off on EE except for JUCO's, for which he is looking at several.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how it reads the way your saying.

"That's another thing that happened, they told me if I go to Auburn I couldn't enroll in January and that's what I wanted to do. I really want to enroll in January so I've got to see what's out there," Johnson said. "If I go to Tennessee I'll be able to do that."

He said "they" which I assume he was talking about CWM and CTT because he was just talking about them and then followed it by that quote. IDK maybe I'm crazy.

From what I gather this morning on some AU sites, it is not clear what is going on with Johnson. Nothing from site reporters, but speculation that Malzahn may be holding off on EE except for JUCO's, for which he is looking at several.

That makes me feel better. That wouldn't mean auburn is necessarily cutting ties with him.

Whenever the WR coach is announced, I would encourage everyone to look at who his 2013 recruiting targets are. Just google the person's name and "recruiting" and "rivals"...I did that when Willie Martinez and Tommy Thigpen were hired and remember seeing Lemond Johnson as the only guy listed under Willie Martinez.

Willie Martinez - Auburn Football

Whenever the WR coach is announced, I would encourage everyone to look at who his 2013 recruiting targets are. Just google the person's name and "recruiting" and "rivals"...I did that when Willie Martinez and Tommy Thigpen were hired and remember seeing Lemond Johnson as the only guy listed under Willie Martinez.

Willie Martinez - Auburn Football

You a fan of azzanni?

I will be fine with Azzanni but would rather go with a minority coach with ties to Hampton Roads. Really like Scott and West.

Dameyune Craig? No ties to Hampton Roads, but a minority candidate with recruiting ties in the south.

This minority coach thing is somewhat overblown. Get a good coach in here and be done with it.

I agree, but there are some excellent minority candidates that are great coaches/recruiters in target areas we should evaluate IMO.

VN Store

Back