'13 CA TE Woody Quinn (UT signee)

Save this post for later.

This guy will be all SEC if we sign him. Hell, he'll be all conference wherever he goes.

Riecks13MAFa_span7.jpg
Nice hops.

My question would be is the kid shy on contact. If he's got Volleyball footage of him slamming the court going after the ball that'd be something. My fear would be he doesn't like contact.

My question would be is the kid shy on contact. If he's got Volleyball footage of him slamming the court going after the ball that'd be something. My fear would be he doesn't like contact.

I believe the volleyball footage you are searching for is filed under "Completely Irrelavent" next to Patterson's 400 time :hi:

Reactions: 8 people

Valid point. Kid doesn't love football and that was proven by not playing football for 4 years.

Don't want!

If he chose to play volleyball then he clearly had more of a passion for that than football. The reason for that choice is irrelevant. I cant imagine having concerns about a kids lack of passion for a sport being silly. In fact it is very relevant and basically all we have to go on here. The point is he better have freakish talent if he is to overcome his lack of football experience and lack of real commitment to the game IMO.

You know--the last time I checked they don't hand out contracts for millions of $$$ for volleyball players....It's silly to think that an athlete with his size would not be able to see this reality. That's a lot to get a guy motivated......:salute:

Reactions: 1 person
THey had a ton of success with Travis Kelce, a similar type player. You get a few looks at #18 in this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRJZQ_QVuOI[/youtube]

Don’t look for Tennessee to be going after any TE prospects that are slower than 4.7 any time soon. Fast, athletic, can block, and can catch--THEN we’ll talk. Quinn would be a great addition to the team.

Valid point. Kid doesn't love football and that was proven by not playing football for 4 years.

Don't want!

This is not a realistic statement. People love the things they are good at. Kid has discovered he is pretty damn good at football now, so I'm fairly certain he now loves football. He looks like a matchup nightmare and red zone magnet to me. Doubt many DB's can stop his leaping ability in the end zone.

According to head coach Geoff Jones, Santa Ana TE Woody Quinn will trip to Tennessee in early January.

Quinn has offers from Stony Brook and Fresno State.

This season, the talented sophomore hauled in 15 receptions for 252 yards and one score for the Dons.

He will have three years to play two wherever he signs in February.
Scout

I say bring him on. I don't care if he chose volleyball as his first sport. He's 6'6'' 250lbs and can jump through the roof. Hell, I know that I would've taken advantage of a 60,000 dollar a year scholarship to play volleyball in Malibu... Plus, I'm sure he would learn the playbook almost immediately since he has survived the curriculum at Pepperdine thus far... Academically, that place makes Vandy look like an alternative school.

VN Store

Back