'12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee)

I actually think Kirven ends up at VT. If not UA and UT both have legit shots. If he can be healthy UT would be better because of depth and chance to see the field early, but again VT in the end. But UA will know more after this weekend where we stand.

I agree that he ends up at VT based on what I've heard. I think UT is slightly ahead of Bama right now but a big part of that is the fact that he was in Knoxville this past weekend. After this weekend, we'll know more about where Bama is in the mix. But VT having the last visit will be tough for anyone to overcome.

History says put the odds on Tech. In-state guy and they get the last visit.

Kirven's parents didn't visit with him at Tennessee which to me is not a positive for the Vols.

But they have been here before and I'm not ruling out the Vols.

-Hubbs

Just read from one our sites that the staff wants to take 2 more DL in this class. That Kirven and Goldman both have a spot if they want it. If we miss on one of those it appears that C Casher wants to join the class, but was just told that right now the class is full. Apparantly it was Sunseri that advised early in the process to not take Casher's commit.

So I guess this weekend visit with Kirven will be interesting as well we have so other uncommited recruits in town with him.

It just boggles my mind how Saban gets away with recruiting like he does. I swear you tell Saban ok you can only sign 25 this year and he's like yeah ok I hear ya but he always has some kind of unheard of backdoor clause that allows him to do whatever he wants. Bama is showing 27 commits on Rivals which should be 2 over, and you're telling me he's telling recruits that he still has room for 2 more. I thought that was a big reason we got McCullers was because bama was full and now you're saying not only are they not full but recruiting services say otherwise but now there are 2 more spots and they want to fill them with DTs. Then why tell McCullers they're full???

It just boggles my mind how Saban gets away with recruiting like he does. I swear you tell Saban ok you can only sign 25 this year and he's like yeah ok I hear ya but he always has some kind of unheard of backdoor clause that allows him to do whatever he wants. Bama is showing 27 commits on Rivals which should be 2 over, and you're telling me he's telling recruits that he still has room for 2 more. I thought that was a big reason we got McCullers was because bama was full and now you're saying not only are they not full but recruiting services say otherwise but now there are 2 more spots and they want to fill them with DTs. Then why tell McCullers they're full???

Saban Math

Reactions: 1 person

He will not sign more than 25 in 2012.He will backcount three from the EE's that entered school in Jan2012 to class of 2011 because Bama only signed 22 last year that enrolled in school in august of 2011 hence the backcounts.Pretty simple really ....any school in SEC or Country can do the same thing.

I will not get into the math because it has been previously discussed. But UA stills feels good about Goldman, Kirven(who is on an OV this weekend), Ward(OV next weekend) and Tomlinson. UA probably can land 1 of those 4 with a chance of 2 of them. But it will be a gamble and may not get any. But McCullers will have 2 years to play on the field vs those guys will have 4 years. Saban, with the exception of 1 JUCO, does not take JUCOs unless they can join the team in the spring. So the gamble is to go after a guy that can play 4 years in this situation.

Now I disagree because from what I have seen DM can play day 1 and feels a need for UA but I am not on the staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
well looks like goldman is POSSIBLY headed to FSU from some people. whats the word on Kirven? he's our last option at D-line to finish strong.

I hope that post doesn't mean you thought Goldman was going to come to UT

Shanks is going to Florida State

He actively recruits Goldman to be Nole with him.

It's time to give up on Shanks IMO. Thompson's departure was the death knell there. Not that we had much of a shot to begin with.

Kirven will be an extremely tough pull, too.

It's time to give up on Shanks IMO. Thompson's departure was the death knell there. Not that we had much of a shot to begin with.

I always felt Kirven would be the more likely choice between him and Shanks. I think its a VT and UT battle. Its going to be very tough to pull him out from under VT as they have lead throughout most of his recruitment, but I do think we have the best chance outside of VT to land him.

I think getting Shanks is minimal. However, with CLT, getting Shanks was minimal. CLT has been heavily overrated via recruiting wearing a Tenn Hat.

well looks like goldman is POSSIBLY headed to FSU from some people. whats the word on Kirven? he's our last option at D-line to finish strong.

Bryson as backup....?

from TOS....According to Mike Coppage (Louisiana Scout guy), we might make a run at Jacoby Briscoe...

I feel dooley was trying harder with Kirven on their visit last week because he knew LT was gone which was our best chance at shanks along. Hence why he was seen sitting with him at the basketball game.

VN Store

Back