'12 MD ATH Stefon Diggs

I think we've been in contact now. That's what I'm led to believe. Still the fact that the coaches had to be told to contact him is troubling.

I think we've been in contact now. That's what I'm led to believe. Still the fact that the coaches had to be told to contact him is troubling.

At least it shows there is interest on the other end.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No reason to miss out on one of the top athletes in the country though.

Who knows what will happen, but it's pretty obvious the coaching staff likes where they are at with some of their evaluations now, and where they are at in regards to certain prospects. Diggs is a great prospect, but maybe they evaluated the fact that he was being recruited so early, that they felt like spending time on him might risk other prospects. It happens.

Yeah, I mean sure there are a ton of athletes, but EVERYONE should know Diggs.

And the fact that they are on him now (as well as other stuff I won't get into) means that they have significant interest. He didn't even have an offer for a long time. It's the WTF moment of the year so far for me.

Quit making excuses for the coaching staff's goofs, Eric. You do that every year.

I have always wondered why kids who hold offers from a dozen schools list their favorite schools on their recruiting profile and it reads USC, Cal, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma, Ect. Then kind of sitting there all alone is Tennessee the lone school in the southeat. I would think that is a kid that should be contacted right away as his interest has to have something behind it. I have seen this situation several times over the years and have never understood how or why it happens.

Yeah, I mean sure there are a ton of athletes, but EVERYONE should know Diggs.

And the fact that they are on him now (as well as other stuff I won't get into) means that they have significant interest. He didn't even have an offer for a long time. It's the WTF moment of the year so far for me.

Quit making excuses for the coaching staff's goofs, Eric. You do that every year.

So, basically you are questioning their basic ability to evaluate and offer prospects?? If that's the case, they should just offer everyone in the Rivals Top 250 and Scout's Top 300, and just be done with it, right?? I'm not saying that they shouldn't recruit him, but their choice not to is their choice. We can sit here all day and question it, but they are getting paid the big bucks to do this, and it's not like Dooley hasn't been shown how to recruit.

So, basically you are questioning their basic ability to evaluate and offer prospects?? If that's the case, they should just offer everyone in the Rivals Top 250 and Scout's Top 300, and just be done with it, right?? I'm not saying that they shouldn't recruit him, but their choice not to is their choice. We can sit here all day and question it, but they are getting paid the big bucks to do this, and it's not like Dooley hasn't been shown how to recruit.

I didn't question anything. I pointed out a huge blunder that a ton of other schools did not make and said it's a shame it happened. Other schools got a hold of his tape and saw enough for an offer.

There's no defense for what happened so you can argue with me til you're blue in the face but you're not going to change the fact that somehow, someone dropped the ball.

I didn't question anything. I pointed out a huge blunder that a ton of other schools did not make and said it's a shame it happened. Other schools got a hold of his tape and saw enough for an offer.

There's no defense for what happened so you can argue with me til you're blue in the face but you're not going to change the fact that somehow, someone dropped the ball.

So, who else in the rankings have they missed??

Says he likes UT and that it is a nice school with a beautiful campus, but hasn't heard too much from the coaches. Also said his mom LOVES UT and the fans.

This says it all. A top 10 recruit in the country likes UT and mom LOVES UT and the fans. We offer this kid and we have a legit shot (hopefully it's not too late). You don't pass up on a recruit like this.

Wow, i cant believe what i am reading here.. nice work recruiting coordinator.. was it this staff or Kiffin`s staff that had a kid on campus and had no idea that he was here?

Well, the good news is, if he truly has legit interest in UT and his mom "Loves" UT as the quote says then it shouldn't be too late and the staff has plenty of time to convince him to be a Vol. Sweet, Vol lock.

What makes people think coach's didn't know who he was? I know he's a beast but maybe the coach's had other guys higher on their lost and aren't as high on him as others. As I was told earlier last week by several posters that the services and their evals mean nothing.

trip Thurman and Eric MacLaine all over again...

:no:

What makes people think coach's didn't know who he was? I know he's a beast but maybe the coach's had other guys higher on their lost and aren't as high on him as others. As I was told earlier last week by several posters that the services and their evals mean nothing.

come on man, the kid is a top 10 recruit. no excuse for that.

come on man, the kid is a top 10 recruit. no excuse for that.

I'm not arguing that maybe there's something the coach's didn't like. Does he have grade issues or any kind of attitude or off the field problems?I truely don't know just wondering if something has been mentioned? Plus moms liking the school doesn't mean much. Just ask Gabe Wright and Eddie Lacy.

Obviously hoping we can recover from the rocky start.

One thing I wonder, with the sheer volume of prospects, is how often we should expect these kinds of mistakes? We had (arguably, at least) two last year, and now one this year. Is one a year to be expected because of how many players they have to sift through? Or is it a bad sign for our coaching staff?

Obviously hoping we can recover from the rocky start.

One thing I wonder, with the sheer volume of prospects, is how often we should expect these kinds of mistakes? We had (arguably, at least) two last year, and now one this year. Is one a year to
be expected because of how many
players they have to sift through? Or is it
a bad sign for our coaching staff?

Honestly we recovered fine from those 2. We got a stud TE and several studs on the
OL so ot worked itself out. If we get
Croom, Patterson and Bowles then things
are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coaches can only do so much...call(limited times) and visit during specific periods but its also up to the recruits to fill in the gaps. Unlike the fall the kids have to make the effort to visit or camp.

VN Store

Back