'12 LA DT Gerron Borne

Not going to reveal too much, but I can assure you he's been a silent for awhile and he can commit whenever he chooses. Watch out for him bringing his LA friends with him. Is what he told around the first of June.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Not going to reveal too much, but I can assure you he's been a silent for awhile and he can commit whenever he chooses. Watch out for him bringing his LA friends with him.

I hope you're right. UT needs some commitments, badly.

Here's to hoping he brings about 2000lbs of defensive tackles and linebackers with him.

LOL@ him being a silent.

I'm sure he is a silent commit. You know it's smart to have your 3 star Tackles stay silent so you do not scare off the bigger fish. "What, Borne now does not list Tennessee as his leader"? "He must be a silent commit". Maybe he just got tired of being told to sit and wait.

LOL@ him being a silent.

I'm sure he is a silent commit. You know it's smart to have your 3 star Tackles stay silent so you do not scare off the bigger fish. "What, Borne now does not list Tennessee as his leader"? "He must be a silent commit". Maybe he just got tired of being told to sit and wait.

Or maybe somebody actually talked to him and heard it from him. Negavol is getting old.

LOL@ him being a silent.

maybe he wants to wait for a particular date to commit

Cody has contacted Borne and it seems he went from wanting to commit at camp to now saying he's "open". Sounds like many were saying all along he doesn't have a committable offer. Which bodes well for the higher players on our board.

Yep, hopefully it means the coaches feel good about landing some combination of Tomlinson/O Brien/Kirven/Day/Pipkins/McCullers.

Yep, hopefully it means the coaches feel good about landing some combination of Tomlinson/O Brien/Kirven/Day/Pipkins/McCullers.

I think it pretty clearly means that...I have no doubt we could have had this guy earlier in the summer if we had been willing to accept his commit

VN Store

Back